IGNORED

Maxwell's are going to do a Webinar!

clese

Hi LurkerOverThePond

I love your avatar! I believe that Uriah is a he. He's manly bus. Valient and obedient and brave. It's not weird that you miss him. I wish I had a chance to know him better before we lost him.

I always thought Uriah was a girl :shifty:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Uriah was a girl :shifty:

Yeah, I prefer my vehicles be girls. I have an Ellie car, but my son insists on boy cars so we also have a Johnny car. In the bible Uriah is a manly man. And according to the Maxwell's Uriah the Bus is a man.

Hi LurkerOverThePond

I love your avatar! I believe that Uriah is a he. He's manly bus. Valient and obedient and brave. It's not weird that you miss him. I wish I had a chance to know him better before we lost him.

I forgot which FJers here got to know Uriah in the biblical sense? That was awesome!

Thanks for the rabbit hole of the Maxwells head North to Grande Prairie. I am hoping they met some "nice" riggers that made them cautious of heading back to Canada(I see that they have been here a few times since). A lot of fundies want to move to Canada...but I am hoping this family won't

Thanks for the rabbit hole of the Maxwells head North to Grande Prairie. I am hoping they met some "nice" riggers that made them cautious of heading back to Canada(I see that they have been here a few times since). A lot of fundies want to move to Canada...but I am hoping this family won't

Why would they want to move to the land of marriage equality? The land of universal health care?

I assumed Uriah was male.

Interesting that once married, there are no birthday posts for the sons. Just anniversary posts that read kind of like birthday posts.

I don't think they had a choice at all!! They r 4 & 6 I wonder how they did that.

That's not unusual at all, even among more mainstream Christians. "Getting saved" or "accepting Jesus as your savior" is a huge part of what is taught in many churches, Bible schools, and youth groups. I'm sure Steve puts his own doom-and-gloom, you're-gonna-die spin on it at the nursing home church. Abby and Bethany have undoubtedly heard testimonies from their family members. Even when they're with their mother's relatives (the more normal side of the family), they have probably heard the aunts and uncles talk about when and where they got saved. "I accepted Jesus into my heart at Sunday School when I was seven" or "I prayed the sinner's prayer with Mom one night when she was helping me get ready for bed."

For more info, look here:

http://www.sinner-prayer.com/

I assumed Uriah was male.

Interesting that once married, there are no birthday posts for the sons. Just anniversary posts that read kind of like birthday posts.

Once married, the sons are no longer part of "The Family." They are demoted to being merely "extended family" members. Leave and cleave.

I seem to remember a long discussion here about the strangeness of Uriah's name. Why name a bus after Bathsheba's cuckolded and sent to be murdered on the frontlines of battle husband? I think the conclusion was that Uriah had a true servant's heart and was loyal to David Stevehovah beyond all rational thinking . Or something.

I read on their blog at some point that Uriah is Steve favorite person in the Bible so that is why they named the bus that.

Good memory! Uriah is Steve's favorite person in the Bible -- because Steve obviously values unquestioning obedience to his dubious authority above all other Christian attributes.

Good memory! Uriah is Steve's favorite person in the Bible -- because Steve obviously values unquestioning obedience to his dubious authority above all other Christian attributes.

Interesting. Uriah was that, to a point, but he may have been smarter than we think. Let's not forget; before David had him killed, he tried to finangle the situation; he pulled Uriah off duty for a "day off" in hopes that he'd go home, have sex with his wife, and when he'd hear of the baby, he'd think it's his. A son is a son.....right? But he didn't. He slept at the entrance to the palace, feeling like he was unworthy to go home; as he empathized with his fellow soldiers who were roughing it. He tried to think for himself, and sort of succeeded. I wonder if he sensed what the REAL issue was. And then felt there was nothing he could do; so let himself be killed.

Such a sad story.......but hey, David didn't completely get away with it. He had Nathan the prophet confront him, the child in question died after a week, and there was more mess further on with his other sons. But yeah; it seems Stevehovah uses that as rationale to keep everyone under tight control. Or else you get all this mess.......not realizing that Bathsheba also wasn't really in a position to tell David no. God gave us the ability to think for ourselves, and He uses ALL that in one way or another.

Even if said obedience gets him killed, as it did Uriah.

Ahhh, Uriah. They must really miss him. It's been three months since he left, but I doubt the grief has lessened. They genuinely seemed upset at his leaving at the November conference.

And come on, Sarah, announce the damn webinar already! I have some downtime and will tune in just for laughs.

Ahhh, Uriah. They must really miss him. It's been three months since he left, but I doubt the grief has lessened. They genuinely seemed upset at his leaving at the November conference.

And come on, Sarah, announce the damn webinar already! I have some downtime and will tune in just for laughs.

I sooooooooooooo hope it is free. That would be an epic live-snarkfest.

Free?! They don't do anything for FREE!!! :penguin-no:

Sigh, my bad, you are right. :cry:

I forgot my KJV. "Render unto God what is God's and render onto Steve, what is Steve's"

BTW I don't think this ever got posted. Melanie's sister apparently got married last year. I wonder if this is the trip she was "thankful" she got to take to see her sister. It's very defrauding, beware (just a couple of pics, none of Melanie. one of her parents with the bride and groom)

facebook.com/jodi.maher.56?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

BTW I don't think this ever got posted. Melanie's sister apparently got married last year. I wonder if this is the trip she was "thankful" she got to take to see her sister. It's very defrauding, beware (just a couple of pics, none of Melanie. one of her parents with the bride and groom)

facebook.com/jodi.maher.56?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

I don't think Jodi is her sister but her cousin. If I remember right Melanie's mom's name is Linda and according to Jodi's FB Pam Maher is her mother. There was a Maher cousin that got married the same weekend Joe and Elissa did, and Jodi's wedding pics were posted to FB in Sept. This must be that cousin. Too bad Nate and Mel had to miss that wedding. Looked very beautiful and FUN!

Today's post commemorates Nathan and Melanie's anniversary.

This picture of Nathan:

BMUHi9r.jpg

makes me think of the line from Rosemary's Baby:

kP5M6TC.jpg[/quot

Ever notice how absolutely and permanently self congratulatory this family is? Various struggles are mentioned but only after they have been completely mastered. Steve just can't get enough of showing the world his perfect family!

So much for modesty. Melanie's scarf just skirts the tops of her lady bumps. I can't believe Steve let that one see the light of day.

I don't think Jodi is her sister but her cousin. If I remember right Melanie's mom's name is Linda and according to Jodi's FB Pam Maher is her mother. There was a Maher cousin that got married the same weekend Joe and Elissa did, and Jodi's wedding pics were posted to FB in Sept. This must be that cousin. Too bad Nate and Mel had to miss that wedding. Looked very beautiful and FUN!

Yep, Jodi is Mel's cousin that got married on the same day as Joe and Elissa. I still say it wasn't a coincidence.

Mel's parents are Linda and Roger.

Free?! They don't do anything for FREE!!! :penguin-no:

Quite. For those new to Maxhell: If you want to watch the Webinar, buy a book, or take a OneTonRamp course you must get an envelope and put money in every week until you have saved enough to pay for it in full. The Maxwells do not believe in credit either.

And you MAY NOT lend the books or copy the charts and the other crap in the books and chore packs for others. That is like STEALING! :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

Quite. For those new to Maxhell: If you want to watch the Webinar, buy a book, or take a OneTonRamp course you must get an envelope and put money in every week until you have saved enough to pay for it in full. The Maxwells do not believe in credit either.

And you MAY NOT lend the books or copy the charts and the other crap in the books and chore packs for others. That is like STEALING! :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

Unless you want to charge any of their stuff at their seminars. In that case they're just fine with credit and debt.

Archived