IGNORED

Maxwell's are going to do a Webinar!

clese

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The topic is Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit (or whatever the book is called). I guess they were "Inspired!" after invading speaking at a homeschooling Mom's group. (Lot's of pants wearing women there!)

This is perfect for the Maxwells. They don't have to leave the house, so avoid the risk of being exposed to pants-wearing hussies. Steve can monitor their every word, and screen emailed questions from viewers, deleting the ones that aren't sufficiently fawning--y'know, like he does on their blog. ITonRamp can shill for business by displaying their technology skills. Heathens attempting to disrupt the webinar can suddenly experience "technical difficulties" (and possibly HELL! And DEATH!).

Yippie. Can't wait. Why would anyone want a meek spirit? Or only women need the meek spirit. Argh!

Yes, well, as an FJ-er observed when they infiltrated a Maxwell conference, Teri says "Little ladies have little voices" to female children she deems overly exuberant. :angry-banghead:

Sigh - Sarah's writing is just. so. bad. It's the Exhibit A anti-advertisement for homeschooling Maxwell-style.

Yes, well, as an FJ-er observed when they infiltrated a Maxwell conference, Teri says "Little ladies have little voices" to female children she deems overly exuberant. :angry-banghead:

Sigh - Sarah's writing is just. so. bad. It's the Exhibit A anti-advertisement for homeschooling Maxwell-style.

Really? At first I read it I thought she meant adult women should not have opinions, which probably is the case. What is wrong with "Indoor voices, please" to all the children? Or the old standby: "Will you just shut up!!"

Oh yes, not keeping sweet. Those poor girls...

On that whole "meek spirit" thing that fundies only seem apply to women; Christ said the meek shall inherit the earth, so wouldn't that make patriarchy an obsolete concept?

Be still my foolish heart. The Maxwells are doing a Webinar?

I'm there! :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

They sold Uriah. Such a snark loss. :cry:

What Spirit is used when attempting to proselytize children at Fairs?

Alcohol?

Seriously, I hate that stuff(not alcohol-I love wine). I hate that at county and state fairs they have anti choice booths with terrible pictures and tiny plastic babies explained that it is a fetus. Perfectly formed, a one inch plastic fetus. And they give that to children. Without parent knowledge or permission. But, yup all about parent rights.

Alcohol?

Seriously, I hate that stuff(not alcohol-I love wine). I hate that at county and state fairs they have anti choice booths with terrible pictures and tiny plastic babies explained that it is a fetus. Perfectly formed, a one inch plastic fetus. And they give that to children. Without parent knowledge or permission. But, yup all about parent rights.

Makes me want to whip up some nasty Jello concoction or other and casually stroll up to the booth, saying "Fetuses are pretty great, aren't they? Here, try some. It's delicious."

Makes me want to whip up some nasty Jello concoction or other and casually stroll up to the booth, saying "Fetuses are pretty great, aren't they? Here, try some. It's delicious."

What would be in your jello concoction? Jell-O shots? If so, stroll by the Planned Parenthood booth that the fair people put next to the anti choice group. I'd love some Jell-O shots. If it is actually nasty you can keep strolling to the Republican booth.

One of the years I volunteered at the Planned Parenthood booth I was 8 months pregnant with my son(no Jell-O shots). Anyway that year we were next to the anti choice booth, as usual. I proudly wore my pro choice shirt and waddled back and forth in front of their booth, sticking stomach out for all to see. What a blast.

What would be in your jello concoction? Jell-O shots? If so, stroll by the Planned Parenthood booth that the fair people put next to the anti choice group. I'd love some Jell-O shots. If it is actually nasty you can keep strolling to the Republican booth.

One of the years I volunteered at the Planned Parenthood booth I was 8 months pregnant with my son(no Jell-O shots). Anyway that year we were next to the anti choice booth, as usual. I proudly wore my pro choice shirt and waddled back and forth in front of their booth, sticking stomach out for all to see. What a blast.

No, no. Not Jello shots. Clear gelatin perhaps with maybe some chunks of reddish fruit in it and something added in to make it look a bit cloudy. Then I'd stir it up really good to make the whole mess look suspiciously like a dead...well, you know. :mrgreen:

No, no. Not Jello shots. Clear gelatin perhaps with maybe some chunks of reddish fruit in it and something added in to make it look a bit cloudy. Then I'd stir it up really good to make the whole mess look suspiciously like a dead...well, you know. :mrgreen:

Ah...Got you. It's brilliant!!

Re: The post on the Meek & Whatever Homeschool Conference they just posted on:

Sarah, dear, dear, Sarah, you do not have to explain to us why John did not attend. Really. You 'children' are all adults. You don't have to be glued to Mommy and Daddy's side anymore. It's perfectly normal for 20+ year old John to be off doing work of his own. I know 'normal' is frightening for you, but it's really okay.

Does anyone else feel like Anna's smile in pictures of setting up and breaking down conference tables for the billionth time was extremely forced. It's like Sarah doesn't really have a part in the conferences, isn't part of the 'band', so she just takes photos (the same ones over, and over, and over....) and everyone just 'grins and bears it' so Sarah can feel useful?

And the sepia picture at the end!!! Ugh. So it's just a personal annoyance of mine. Sepia has it's place if you're trying to stage an old-time or western themed photo and such. But for everyday pics, use or color or black and white. Please, Sarah and Christopher!!

Sarah's writing in this particular post is especially bad. I had to focus in order to understand what she meant to convey.

I think her writing is getting worse with time.

What really fcking frosts my cookies is that the menfolk are called in to deal with technology-related things. This is the sense I get from reading blog post after blog post about their conferences and presentations. Why can't Sarah learn how to set up the projector and speakers? Steve, where is the bible verse that proclaims that men have dominion over the electronics? I eagerly await your response.

The only thing I could think of while trying to read their last post: how the hell is Sarah coping, watching all those women her age (and younger) having their own life?! Under a headship, ofcourse, but at least not living with their parents and adult siblings.

I mean, I'm 35 yo and I haven't lived at home for 15 years! First I lived on my own in a dorm-room, after that I lived in sin for a few years :lol: until I married the guy, and now we have 2 kids. I went to college and have my own company today. And I didn't have to hurry to get all that done in 15 years. And Sarah? She hasn't done any of that! Even if she gets married some day, how is she going to function?! She hasn't done anything on her own...

I feel so sorry for her... :(

This looks fascinating. What does it mean?

Use the search function above and see if it takes you to dear Uriah. I don't want to tell you and spoil the fun. :auto-swerve:

This looks fascinating. What does it mean?

It means junked, retired, or put put to pasture. Stevehovah sold Uriah to some guy in California.

Use the search function above and see if it takes you to dear Uriah. I don't want to tell you and spoil the fun. :auto-swerve:

I'm kinda scared. I've been falling down a lot of these rabbit holes recently. Maybe a glass of wine will help.

Archived