• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
singsingsing

Abigail re-opened comments on her blog...

singsingsing

...And she's receiving SCORN again. Anyone want to bet on how long it is before Jesus tells her it's time to close comments again? I'm guessing three days at most.

She actually had a pretty thoughtful post about the Pope's comments on being responsible with family planning up, but of course she deleted it after a bunch of commenters came in, stroked her ego, and told her the Pope's words were just taken out of context and really he'd applaud her for getting pregnant again and again knowing each would end in a high risk C-section. Now in her latest post she describes how she was shocked and shaken to her core after meeting a woman who was happy that she'd had her tubes tied after having two children. Her heart was TORN. Meanwhile this poor woman is blissfully ignorant of the emotional trauma she inflicted on St. Abigail the Martyr.

What a life...

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/

whoviana

I wonder how many of these are out there.

If you can't take the heat, don't blog, sweetie, and don't bring up controversial issues where you can't defend your point of view even if some people fiercely oppose your standpoint!

Grow up, get your granny pants on, or cower back behind your bible where there's no one to disagree with you.

eh02

That post had me lost. The whole "march for life" comparison with the woman getting her tubes tied - just...what? Your own personal march for life at Aldi, standing there in silence while some random cashier says she got her tubes tied? Sure, lady.

singsingsing
Did anyone happen to get a screencap of the post?

Unfortunately I didn't but the gist of it was that the Pope's comments hit her hard, she'd thought she was doing the best thing and she didn't know what the Pope would think about her specific situation but now she was left to wonder if she had sinned by getting pregnant again and again in her situation. She also said that she and her husband had started using NFP again as she tried to recover from the trauma of her last pregnancy and birth.

Then of course several commenters swooped in, patted her on the back, and assured her that the Pope didn't mean what it seemed he meant and that she was still Jesus's special little lady. And then she deleted the post. And posted yet another baffling, melodramatic tale of martyrdom at the grocery store.

anjulibai

I've actually gotten the feeling for the last couple of months that Abigail is not happy with the choices she's made. She's mentioned how she's not where she though she'd be at 40 and wanting to be an attorney again.

I think she's slipping in her fundism. The poverty talk has almost disappeared. Her husband bought her diamond earrings for Christmas. She's more annoyed that she couldn't get the house she wanted than in anything else.

I'm sure the Pope's words hit her hard - he was speaking sense. Big families can be great, but practice restraint and NFP if you can't afford more kids or can't handle too many. Human's aren't animals and need to use their brains when it comings to having children. The Pope is practical, and Abigail has long equated impracticality with holiness. Of course he's mixed her up.

I think a lot of really fundie Catholics are having a hard time with Pope Francis. He's pointing out all that's wrong with the way Catholicism is currently practiced.

EmiGirl

Unfortunately I didn't but the gist of it was that the Pope's comments hit her hard, she'd thought she was doing the best thing and she didn't know what the Pope would think about her specific situation but now she was left to wonder if she had sinned by getting pregnant again and again in her situation. She also said that she and her husband had started using NFP again as she tried to recover from the trauma of her last pregnancy and birth.

Then of course several commenters swooped in, patted her on the back, and assured her that the Pope didn't mean what it seemed he meant and that she was still Jesus's special little lady. And then she deleted the post. And posted yet another baffling, melodramatic tale of martyrdom at the grocery store.

Could she be more of a drama queen? I would love for her to come for a fundie Friday.

lilah

In a recent post she admitted her husband is stuck doing a 3 hour commute (one way?) Because they can't afford a family of 7 children on his salary and live closer to his job. Men while her law degree collects dust. But its all woth it bevuase she just had another baby. Maybe he should be a stay at home dad While she works as an attorney.

lilwriter85
In a recent post she admitted her husband is stuck doing a 3 hour commute (one way?) Because they can't afford a family of 7 children on his salary and live closer to his job. Men while her law degree collects dust. But its all woth it bevuase she just had another baby. Maybe he should be a stay at home dad While she works as an attorney.

She said the commute is 70 miles long. It could be an hour and half with traffic one way and then comes out to a total of three hours of driving daily. This was in the post

I would pretty much do anything I could so that my husband would not have to drive 3+ hours each day to work. It feels strange to know that we can't move into the community that we want to live in because of money--which is pretty much directly tied to my not working. At the same time, I'm hugging this gorgeous newborn son. I know that I couldn't have had this priceless baby if I was still working as an attorney.

I agree, maybe he should be a stay at home dad.

I haven't kept too much with Abigial's blog lately. But what happened to that advertising business that she started? I know Jon is a graphic designer, maybe his employer would allow him to do some work from home at some point.

I wonder if Abigail has tried contacting this Catholic mega family that lives in the D.C. area for advice. But this family probably manages money better than Abigail does. This family also admits that get donations from people too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/edu ... story.html