IGNORED

Terry not Amy's bio dad?

NotALoserLikeYou

I saw this absolute drivel about the breaking news that Amy Duggar was born out of wedlock:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/01/duggar-sex-secret-jim-bob-sister-deanna-daughter-amy-aout-of-wedlock/

lol way to keep up with the times, Radar. Such an "exclusive."

And then it linked to

examiner.com/article/terry-jordan-of-the-duggar-family-from-19-kids-counting-brings-bible-to-life

Which in 2012 quoted Terry as saying they had been together for "20 years" yet Amy was 25 at that point.

Deanna in the Radar article says:

“Terry and I knew each other a long time ago, and I got pregnant with Amy. And so, we dated each other on and off for quite some time,†Deanna said in 2009 on an early episode of Jim Bob and wife Michelle’s TLC reality series 18 Kids And Counting. “Then we finally decided you know what, we need to get married! So we got married, we’ve been together 3 years.â€

So really, both of these statements could be taken as him not being her biological father. I feel like it's pretty ambiguous. I dunno, just wondered if it had been discussed before.

It's so funny that a hollywood tabloid is calling this news. It's the 21st century, I don't think it's a huge scandal if one biological parent isn't in the picture, as long as someone cares for the child. Radar needs to STOP.

I thought Terry was her father but if he isn't and D + Amy don't mention her real father, there must be a reason.

But at least Amy was lucky enough to have a mother care for her and they have a great relationship to this day. She seems to have a good relationship with Terry too, so good for her! A lot of people don't have anyone to care for them, but she has two parents plus an uncle and aunt and cousins, so who cares if Terry isn't her biological father?

Terry is Amys father. Just looks at the pics of them together, they look very similar. They talked about it on one of the episodes that in the early days Amy's parents were off and on for her whole childhood, but it wasnt until Amy was way older that they worked it out and got married. Further details about why they had problems has not been revealed, and we don't really know how much contact she had with her father when she was younger. I think she was mostly raised by her mum which is why they seem like best friends. However he seems to fit into the family and has a strong faith so I am sure it's not that scandalous... It's no secret and radar online are WAY behind in the times to bring this story up now.

Deanna in the Radar article says:

So really, both of these statements could be taken as him not being her biological father. I feel like it's pretty ambiguous. I dunno, just wondered if it had been discussed before.

I don't think its "oh he's not the father" so much as "we were just having fun when we conceived."

It's not that far fetched. A lot of people have one night stands, hook ups, or NSA relationships that lead to babies. If you're having sex, the possibility of a baby exists, even if you're being careful.

She goes by Amy Jordyn and Amy Duggar depending on when it's convenient. He's her father. She's always said he's her father.

I remember a couple of years back on the TWOP 19kac thread, posters had posted speculation over Amy's surname They mentioned how, Amy replied on twitter about people questioning her last name and she said on twitter that Duggar was her real last name. Some posters on twop mentioned Amy having an indie country album in 2006 under the name Amy Jordyn. Some people had the theory that Amy was using Jordyn as a stage name in 2006 because Duggar might not have been seen as an attractive last name and this was before the Duggars got a regular show.

I also remember Terry replying on a Duggar related FB page and another site that he is Amy's father and married to Deanna.Radaronline and these other sites are basically taking old speculation and trying to make stories out of it. If those sites did some digging they would find that speculation and gossip on Terry,Deanna, and Amy has been going on for a few years.

If you look her up on the Arkansas voter registry website (aka the site that was used to figure out where Ben and Jessa are living— voterview.ar-nova.org/VoterView/RegistrantSearch.do), she is registered under Amy R Duggar. So, it is her legal name, but who knows if that is a recent development or if it has been her legal name since birth. I friended her years ago (2009) on facebook and she was going by Duggar then. Not a big deal either way, I think she's seen that the Duggar name hasn't gotten her as far as she would've liked.

Perhaps her legal surname is "Duggar" because her parents weren't married when she was born. Mine weren't either and it took years to figure out what my actual legal surname was. She might have used "Jordan/Jordyn" because it sounds prettier or once her parents were married, so they'd all be the same. Figuring out if Deanna took Terry's name when they married would probably clear it up.

Archived