IGNORED

Community

clownprincess

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, destiny, yes it is, and I kind of meant it that way, too. But one can never get enough of either, right?

Absolutely. I love Troy and Abed, and Dean (sometimes). The only character I don't like is Pierce. He can go die ANYTIME and I'm cool. Your synopsis made me laugh out loud because it was so funny and so true.

CrazyForKate recaps what is likely the series finale...and is not impressed. Paintball, timelines and the crossdressing Dean all play a prominent role.

http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... -finality/

Truly well and poignantly recapped, cfK. It was like watching something go away just when you'd really begun to enjoy it, the last episode of this show. Why did they keep adverting it as the "season finale" when it was the series ender?

All I can offer at times like these is the gratitude for the first 3 seasons on DVD/netflix, so that the really good times can be enjoyed again and again.

Thanks! I guess they just don't know whether it's being renewed or not at this point - officially it's still up in the air and they're negotiating with Sony for Season 5, though my guess is it will all come to zip. As you say, we'll always have the other episodes!

It's been renewed!

What what WHAT?! I'm stunned. And happy but wary. Hopefully they'll be able to get it somehow back on track. WOW, that was unexpected. Ignore all the wailing in my review. Heh.

Alison Brie, we are not done yet!

He did graduate, so I guess that's his exit on the off chance there was another season. Too bad the cast couldn't keep together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Horrible news - Donald Glover has quit the show. He'll be in five episodes out of thirteen. Fleeing the sinking ship, I guess (and it sounds like he has some personal stuff going on, too). Damn - he was my favorite!

Horrible news - Donald Glover has quit the show. He'll be in five episodes out of thirteen. Fleeing the sinking ship, I guess (and it sounds like he has some personal stuff going on, too). Damn - he was my favorite!

This is sad. I like Donald Glover (and his character Troy). Donald is a talented actor and writer. And I'm sad to find out he's also having some personal issues. I hope he gets better.

It's a shame Community never quite got the support it deserved from NBC. I think it's such a funny show and the cast has amazing chemistry. Oh well, I can always watch the reruns.

I really can't imagine Abed without Troy. That's going to be incredibly weird, especially if they manage to limp along for a sixth season.

• 2 months later...

Community is back! And the first episode was pretty good!

I didn't get to watch tonight's second episode yet because my son had to read some Hemingway for school. Poor kid.

I liked the meta thing they did, with Troy being mad at Zach Braff for leaving Scrubs halfway through the last season.

This week on Community, we all knew this episode was coming, but it's still a tearjerker.

http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... -escapism/

Despite all the off the rails absurdity and subversiveness of this episode, which made me totally crack up (I want to play "Hot Lava"), I did find myself getting a bit misty-eyed at the end. I'm going to miss Troy.

Archived