IGNORED

Community

clownprincess

Someone tell me if the new showrunners tone down the Jeff/Annie. I lost interest right about the time they started pushing that couple so hard but I figure I might give it another chance if the show stops clubbing me over the head with it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone tell me if the new showrunners tone down the Jeff/Annie. I lost interest right about the time they started pushing that couple so hard but I figure I might give it another chance if the show stops clubbing me over the head with it.

I don't remember much of that, if at all. However, the Troy/Annie thing was pretty prime ... tho' possibly that was part of Abed TV .... I need to rewatch.

I was kind of an Annie/Abed fan after they kissed in the season two paintball episode. Too bad Abed was just playing the role of Han Solo.

I hope the third season is most excellent.How I wish I had a television that showed shows, and not just DVDs.

I don't remember much of that, if at all. However, the Troy/Annie thing was pretty prime ... tho' possibly that was part of Abed TV .... I need to rewatch.

I actually did like Troy/Annie (though my pervy little heart will always belong to Troy/Abed) I think the Jeff/Annie only started being obnoxious in Season 3 (though I could be wrong about the timeframe, it's been awhile) It seemed to come out of nowhere and was pushed really strongly, it's a slightly creepy pairing (to me) to be due to the age and maturity differences, and it was played as this One True Love thing (well, played straighter than Community typically would something like that)

I finally got around to watching it. I liked Abed's internal happy place, but I do wish the show itself would not be so fantasy based (games to get into a class?) That said, I agree with the tango being epic.

I'm in for the season.

I was kind of an Annie/Abed fan after they kissed in the season two paintball episode. Too bad Abed was just playing the role of Han Solo.

I've noticed that Annie is only interested in Abed when he's roleplaying as some macho alpha male type guy. She was into him as Han, Batman and Don Draper.

I kind of agree that Annie and Jeff has been a non-starter since she just is interested in him because she wants to change him. They've kept going back to that dynamic and it's getting old. I'd like to see different storylines for Annie.

"Pierce! Please don't die, slightly before your time!"

Funniest line so far. Possibly the funniest in the half-hour, except where Shirley asks where the real danger is - outside or inside, where she is. Wow, I came to "Community" pretty late in Season 3, and this doesn't seem a whole lot like that show at all. Pooey. (Maybe a lack of reference points to horror movies [not a fan] factors in.) (sigh)

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the show is kind of off its game this season. It's a perfectly serviceable comedy...but it's not Community, and Community's special. The characters feel hollow and...well, the absurd factor isn't the same. Will stick with it until the bitter end, but I'm hoping they improve.

happy atheist, so jealous! McHale is wonderful.

I feel like the show is kind of off its game this season. It's a perfectly serviceable comedy...but it's not Community, and Community's special. The characters feel hollow and...well, the absurd factor isn't the same. Will stick with it until the bitter end, but I'm hoping they improve.

happy atheist, so jealous! McHale is wonderful.

Agreed. There have been some good moments, but the overall dynamic, and the episodes taken as a whole, haven't got back to their previous heights yet.

"Pierce! Please don't die, slightly before your time!"

Funniest line so far. Possibly the funniest in the half-hour, except where Shirley asks where the real danger is - outside or inside, where she is. Wow, I came to "Community" pretty late in Season 3, and this doesn't seem a whole lot like that show at all. Pooey. (Maybe a lack of reference points to horror movies [not a fan] factors in.) (sigh)

I actually laughed hardest at Troy finding all the sex toys and then saying, "Secret dogs."

Also, agree with those who say that apart from the Halloween episode which was pretty strong, this season is just not at all up to the show's previous standards. :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

crazyfK, off to read your recap, then AFK for the day -- I loved the Xmas Community episode. Joel seemed to be phoning it in initially, but regrouped quickly. EVeryone else was 1,000%. Especially love Alison Brie, having just seen her as Trudy Campbell deliver the smackdown of smackdowns on Mad Men. Now, **that's** an actress, people. Paying attention, Goopy Paltrow? Jen Aniston? sourpuss from "Twilight"?

ETA: Yes! to the review! C+ --- I mean, A!

It will be hard to say goodbye to the series, but I'd rather it go out on a reasonably high note, than flounder into something we just don't recognize at all.

Srsly, AFK now. :drool:

Enjoying the freaky friday bits - the actors are doing great - feels odd that the episode is basically about Troy & Britta's 'ship. But really enjoying Dean as Jeffrey, Abed & Troy as each other.

This week on Community, Troy and Abed get into a troublesome situation and the Dean runs around like a crazy person:

http://blog.freejinger.org/worldly-dist ... n-anatomy/

I say this as a lover of the show:

Isn't that a synopsis for every week? :whistle: :dance:

I will watch the ep when my TV watching partner comes back from a doctor appt and can get on skype.

Haha, destiny, yes it is, and I kind of meant it that way, too. But one can never get enough of either, right?

Archived