IGNORED

Erin (Bates) Paine is PREGNANT

Georgiana

I think people can change. I know they can from experience. I know two women who went from fundy light (Christian based home school, no BC, no Vax) to Atheist. Anther went from Fake Jew to main stream Mormon. I am not close enough to them to know the hows and the whys, but I have had constant online contact with them each through a mommy website for about 3 years. The changes are extraordinary. The lady who went mormon who posted pictures for the first time w/o her tichel (jewish head scarf) and makeup was inspiring. One I am now Facebook friends with, and is going to school for psychology.

My background is rocky, some days are a real struggle. but because of that I know that people have the ability to overcome just about anything. So, I will continue to have a ‘wait and see’ attitude. The little things, the pink bedroom, her schooling and having a job, him apparently doing household chores.... ::shrug:: lets just say I have more hope for this kid then the Little Pecans.

(for the record I realize her education is basically fake, but its better then notting please don’t call me a leg humper)

Also NFP can work if done properly. With all the gizmos around for tracking ovulation its not hard to know when to abstain (for the most part). I wouldn’t do it myself, cause I like modern medicine.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, I don't think ANY of these children will have as many kids as they want to appease other people. All a couple has to say in that community is that God hasnt blessed them with another child (or a child to begin with). Maybe someone will make some comment about how they'll pray for the couple, but probably not. If you're telling people it's "up to God," that's all they care about.

The Bateses and Duggars are completely abnormal, even among their group. I would hazard to guess that many families adopt some kind of BC method at some point (at least to space out the kids) and then just tell people it's up to God. Or that God has blessed them enough and they're treasuring his gifts. Or any number of sayings that could possibly be attributed to why they aren't actively pregnant/nursing.

To say someone's infertility is a saving grace (especially when the person clearly wants children) is cruel and unnecessary.

But infertility is perceived in that cult as the woman having some some kind of sin, thus God is punishing her. It's all part of the brainwashing.

But infertility is perceived in that cult as the woman having some some kind of sin, thus God is punishing her. It's all part of the brainwashing.

I'm not sure what part of my statement you're disagreeing with.

Not really disagreeing, just pointing out that these women are blamed and shamed for being infertile or for not having kids in the double digits. I can see the Duggars and Bateses doing this. Maybe some of their kids will brush it off, but others will believe it.

Not really disagreeing, just pointing out that these women are blamed and shamed for being infertile or for not having kids in the double digits. I can see the Duggars and Bateses doing this. Maybe some of their kids will brush it off, but others will believe it.

Do they really shame them for not having double digit kids? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious, because it seems like if they seriously expected everyone to have 10 or more they would place a lot more emphasis on getting them married of in their teens, at least their daughters. But they seem , on average , to marry much later than that. And their mothers must know that a daughter courting at 25, marrying at 26 and having her first pregnancy at 27, with average fertility , is just not likely to have 10+ children.

I would imagine when no other ATI families are visiting that lots of Dads do stuff like that, honestly. If the couple genuinely likes each other--and most folks who are married do. We hear about the awful stuff. Yes there are jerks who won't do anything--there were in the very liberal law firm I worked at! I'm sure when they enjoy "fellowship" with another family everything is by the book--Mom grinds wheat in the Whisper Mill, mixes up bread in wthe Bosch mixer, the kids all dress alike, Dad acts as though he has no idea what the kitchen is for our what a diaper is. But the rest of the time who knows? I imagine there are honestly wives who make the family business RUN and Dads who do a lot of cooking--they just don't talk about it the. way the rest of us do. I know there are ATI families that wear jeans--I've met some. They watch some tv, too. It isn't forbidden, it just must be VERY limited. It's the same with the housework.

The Maxwells often show the boys, especially John, in the kitchen. John even has specialties. If I recall, Steve even jumped in the kitchen back when the girls were younger and Teri's issues were at the worse. Even Solomon Anderson helps ZooZoo. I think the Duggars, with their proscribed roles, may not be the norm. I think these families are just like most others, especially the less wealthy- people pitch in where they are needed.

I may have over exaggerated about the double digits, but they do expect large families and see infertility as punishment for a woman's sin. It's truly a mind fuck.

What you posted, Mama Mia, is logic. Fundie do no not understand logic at all.

I may have over exaggerated about the double digits, but they do expect large families and see infertility as punishment for a woman's sin. It's truly a mind fuck.

What you posted, Mama Mia, is logic. Fundie do no not understand logic at all.

Oh, ok. I thought you meant the 10+ was literally a thing that was preached, or taught in workshops or something. Which would make their whole courtship method even stranger. Since it seems to be an odd combination of being extremely laid back and unconcerned about when/if it happens -- but at the same time extremely rule bound and restrictive about even giving young adults the opportunity to meet and start the process. Really , just looking at it from the outside -- you'd think there goal was to ensure their children had small families by either never marrying , or marrying relatively late. Especially when you combine that with the emphasis on living off one -income, preferably from self-employment.

• 3 months later...
Baby Charles Paine IV was born May 15.

They are calling him Carson.

Thread on the birth- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26024&hilit=Erin+Bates+is+a+momma

Archived