IGNORED

Erin (Bates) Paine is PREGNANT

Georgiana

what do you mean? i think her hair looks very lovely. i love the little bump thing she does. i could never get my hair to do that kind of thing for the world, but it looks so nice and pretty on her. if i were to think of a southern belle type of girl, i'd think of erin.

Maybe it's because I'm not southern, but her hair looks way over the top to me. Or at the very least, fussy and high-maintenance. I don't know very many people who would do all those curlers every day.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's because I'm not southern, but her hair looks way over the top to me. Or at the very least, fussy and high-maintenance. I don't know very many people who would do all those curlers every day.

she likely has some natural curl, which doesn't take much work to emphasize and work with, especially if she uses certain products before she fixes her hair. just a hot curling iron here and there, back-comb for the bump, stick it up, and there ya go.

she likely has some natural curl, which doesn't take much work to emphasize and work with, especially if she uses certain products before she fixes her hair. just a hot curling iron here and there, back-comb for the bump, stick it up, and there ya go.

She has a tutorial up on her website where she uses curlers. It is mesmerizing if you haven't seen it. (I don't know why I'm talking so much about Erin's hair. All I'm trying to say is, girl got some big hair.)

I think her hair is over the top, too. But I'm not southern, and I'm not her age, so maybe I'm just out of style. Her hair reminds me of Priscilla Presley in her early days with Elvis.

I think Chad is head over heels about Erin. I think that he would weigh the risk to her and take it seriously before planting 10 seeds for God in her womb...at least that is the vibe I get from him.

She has a tutorial up on her website where she uses curlers. It is mesmerizing if you haven't seen it. (I don't know why I'm talking so much about Erin's hair. All I'm trying to say is, girl got some big hair.)

ooo, i will have to watch. :D i'm a tad jealous of her hair. mine is so thick, but so incredibly fine, i can't really do anything cool with it.

The doctor's office she goes to (drvick.com) does offer contraceptive education and options, from natural family planning to IUDs, and since they also work with infertility as well as being a overtly Christian practice (there are Bible verses all over the practice's website, as well as pictures of fetal development clearly celebrating pro-baby ideals). So perhaps she and Chad will be counseled at some point on at least NFP to save her from too much stress on her body and her psyche.

I had those shots while in the hospital after surgery. My upper arms were so bruised... I don't actually remember much pain, just a lot of bruising.

Though now that I think about it, that could be the morphing and narco talking, so nevermind, maybe it was painful and I just couldn't feel it.

She looks kind of far along?

I don't know how to post a picture but they did on their instagram of their newest ultrasound.

From their instagram:

" I’m so glad and relieved that last night's episode has finally aired! Chad and I have been waiting to share our big news with the rest of the world for quite some time now. The news is true! Chad and I are having a baby! To say that we are thrilled would be such an understatement. ;) We can hardly contain our excitement as we prepare to be parents. As many of you know, starting a family for Chad and I has been a painful journey but the Lord has taught us so much this past year as husband and wife. In last night's show we finally heard our sweet baby’s heartbeat. It was one of the most beautiful moments in our lives and the sound of our baby’s heartbeat… the most beautiful music. This is definitely an answer to our prayers and we are so looking forward to learning how to be a mom and a dad. We cannot thank everyone enough for the love and encouragement you all have been! :")"""" I wish I could just give everyone a big hug! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!"

I think her hair is over the top, too. But I'm not southern, and I'm not her age, so maybe I'm just out of style. Her hair reminds me of Priscilla Presley in her early days with Elvis.

I am southern, I have been her age and it is her hair that is out of style.

I gotta say -- I don't really get the whole hair going in and out of style thing. It confuses me. If you like your hair one way -- wear it like that, or change it up, but who cares what era it looks like? If I go downtown I can see everything on mid twenties women from shaved heads to purple spikes to long lose hair past the butt to retro / pin-up girl bouffants, to the more common pony tail or layers of various lengths. Probably even the ocassional ultra eighties hair like Michele, although here it is more likely to be a gang mom or hippie. But really, if I saw any of those I wouldn't think - " wow, they sure are out of date" .....

I'm not trying to be bitchy or hand slappy, I'm just genuinely confused. :?

I had those shots while in the hospital after surgery. My upper arms were so bruised... I don't actually remember much pain, just a lot of bruising.

Though now that I think about it, that could be the morphing and narco talking, so nevermind, maybe it was painful and I just couldn't feel it.

I was on that thinner intravenously for 3 months and don't recall a lot of pain.

Keeping up with what is in with hair is too much of a hassle. That said, I dont really have a problem with her hair. She looks great.

As for the baby, I wonder if they'll find out the sex or not.

I gotta say -- I don't really get the whole hair going in and out of style thing. It confuses me. If you like your hair one way -- wear it like that, or change it up, but who cares what era it looks like? If I go downtown I can see everything on mid twenties women from shaved heads to purple spikes to long lose hair past the butt to retro / pin-up girl bouffants, to the more common pony tail or layers of various lengths. Probably even the ocassional ultra eighties hair like Michele, although here it is more likely to be a gang mom or hippie. But really, if I saw any of those I wouldn't think - " wow, they sure are out of date" .....

I'm not trying to be bitchy or hand slappy, I'm just genuinely confused. :?

Her hair just sometimes reminds me of hair on photos of my mom's friends from the late 60s/early 70s during their wedding/baby shower years, not of the hair of young, pretty 21st century woman. But it's old fashioned, I guess, but that flow in my sentence as well!

I love Erin's hair. I mean, it's not my personal style in the slightest, but she's like a caricature hybrid of fundie/Appalachian, Dolly Parton-lite kitsch.

It's ridiculous and over the top, but she executes it well enough (and she is beautiful enough) to get away with it. It seems very unapologetically her style.

I just find her and Chad very charming - and yes, I am aware that it can be dangerous for people with backwards beliefs to be so charming and "trick" people into not noticing all the harmful things they believe. But I know plenty of people "in real life" whose political beliefs I LOATHE and still can manage to be friends with them, or at least get along with well and enjoy their presence. Even if any conversation about politics or religion makes me wish I was dead :D

Erin is still young enough that I'm holding out hope for an eventual non-ATI lifestyle. She seems much more laid back than the Erin we first saw when the Bates kids visited the Duggars in their green and pink prairie monstrosities. I think she is intelligent, too.

And I do think difficult pregnancies will affect her views on family size, which would be a pretty fundamental belief shift for someone with that background. It almost seems impossible that it wouldn't change her mind somewhat. She probably spent her entire life assuming she'd be able to have easy pregnancies one after another just like her mom, and this has to be a big blow. Even if you are super excited to be pregnant, it puts a major damper on your joy to have to go through what she has. It can put a constant heavy cloud over you. She's probably constantly playing out the worst case scenarios in her head. :(

And Chad has to be terrified of the thought of Erin having to give herself these shots every single day for potentially all of her reproductive years. 20+ years with daily heparin just sounds awful. I hope she takes a few years between babies to enjoy having this one without the mess of dealing with heparin and worrying about miscarriage.

I am southern, I have been her age and it is her hair that is out of style.

Their entire belief system is out of style, her hair is a perfect match for a backward view on life in general.

I am genuinely happy for her and Chad. As others have posted, hope she won't wreck her health trying to have too many babies and that Chad will be supportive, loving and understanding.

Her hair isn't my cup of tea, but it looks pretty on her. Her yt video on fixing it is awesome.

ETA: Live in the Deep South and some ladies still like the big, coifed hair. So not necessarily outdated but YMMV. J'Michelle is a whole different thing though.

I think we'll see less elaborate hair from Erin once the baby comes. We certainly did on her honeymoon (and still do when her and Chad take vacations). My totally unsupported guess is that Erin has some free time in the morning while Chad is at work, so she uses some of it on her hair. A lot of Fundie couples get up together to do Bible study/she makes breakfast, so they could be the same. Then, once she's up, she probably has a good amount of time before she needs to start on chores/errands.

Once the baby is here, I think we'll see less curls and more braids.

I hope for a safe pregnancy and birth and health for Erin and the baby.

And for a baby-step away from the Quiverfull ideology and parenting techniques.

I don't understand why the fundies are into Fertility treatments. The whole point of letting god plan your familly is trusting him to "open and close the womb".I mean Sarah and Abraham are THE biblical story on fertility issues.

If they want to turn their nose up at birth control, the other side of that coin is fertility treatments.

I haven't followed the Erin story other than knowing she has had one or two miscarriages. Did they undergo fertility treatments to conceive this baby? Or are the shots she is giving herself considered fertility treatment?

I was on that thinner intravenously for 3 months and don't recall a lot of pain.

I had heparin in shot form after two surgeries and oh my god did it ever sting when they gave you the shots. My arms, shoulders, and stomach were so bruised afterwards that it wasn't even funny. I didn't even realize that it could sting like that. Mind you it's just a sting but I had that sting 3 times a day for two weeks, I can't imagine having it for 10 or so months!

I haven't followed the Erin story other than knowing she has had one or two miscarriages. Did they undergo fertility treatments to conceive this baby? Or are the shots she is giving herself considered fertility treatment?

They diagnosed her with a genetic disorder which causes clots, so they put her on an asprin regiment. They also told her to start taking folic acid (which you should do when you're TTC anyways).

The shots are to help sustain the pregnancy and prevent clotting.

Archived