IGNORED

Erin (Bates) Paine is PREGNANT

Georgiana

Congrats to them. I just hope Erin doesn't put her life in jeopardy by trying to have a lot of kids.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm predicting that it is going to be a girl. And I also hope that she thinks twice about having a bunch of kids. It sounds like it could be dangerous for her.

Wow. I'm genuinely happy for them. I can't imagine how happy her and Chad must be. I hope everything goes well for her and the baby for the rest of the pregnancy.

My prediction is that she's going to have a girl.

I also think she's due around the same time as me, since the outside shot was very fall~ish. I had my dating ultrasound, which I'm assuming that's what we saw, on October 21st. I'm due on May 26th, so my guess is Erin is due at the very end of May/very beginning of June.

My prediction is that she's going to have a girl.

I also think she's due around the same time as me, since the outside shot was very fall~ish. I had my dating ultrasound, which I'm assuming that's what we saw, on October 21st. I'm due on May 26th, so my guess is Erin is due at the very end of May/very beginning of June.

That's my guess as well. I'd say she's between 20-25 weeks, and that would be right in that timeframe. Normally I would say she doesn't look 25 weeks, but Alyssa seems to carry small, so Erin could as well.

Plus that would make sense for the public announcement. Where I'm from, 20-ish weeks is when a lot of people put the announcement on social media, so that just seems to me like a normal time to share.

But that's all pure speculation.

I do believe Erin said she will be using Heparin. If I am not mistaken, Jennifer was using Lovenox. Heparin can be much, much cheaper than Lovenox.

I have a blood clotting disorder and doctors prefer Lovenox and it is expensive. I made sure Lovonox was approved and I had some before I got pregnant with baby #2 because back 12 years ago it ran almost $1500 a month. Heparin was a $10 co-pay. I know that Heparin was not preferred for many reasons like heparin requires regular blood tests and has a shorter half life but the most important one is in case of an emergency most drs will not let you get an epidural on heparin. If you have a planned c-section you can go off of heparin for a week and be moniored but if it is an emergency they will give you general. With my first pregnancy this happened and I had general. Luckily my husband was a dr and was allowed in the delivery room, usually they won't allow anyone in if you have general anesthsia with a c-section. That is why I made sure I had Lovenox with my second and final baby so I could be awake for the birth and aviod the weekly blood tests and mutliple shots a day.

I kind of wonder what insurnace they have because most insurnace companies will approve it and programs like baby your baby will approve Lovenox over Heparin.

I'm glad Erin has what appears to be a loving caring husband. I was such a baby with those shots. I would make my husband ice the area and I had to be bribed with gifts and treats after a few months because I was so sick of shots. This might sound weird but the lovonox/heparin shots bothered me way more then the big amino needle.

I noticed the leaves were still on the trees and green when Erin and Chad were filmed in the parking lot. Based on that I'd say the latest this was filmed was in September or early October, most likely before Bradley was born. Leaves change in mid-late October at the earliest in this part of the country.

Like the rest of you, I always have very mixed feelings when fundies procreate (and in some cases those feelings are quite negative...), but I have to admit that I was genuinely delighted when I read that Erin is expecting. I wish them all the happiness in the world and hope that they would feel the same towards us heathens, green hair or not.

Yes, fundies procreating is not a great thing, but Erin and Chad seem genuinely sweet. It would be quite mean to wish another miscarriage on her, or a lifetime of not being able to get pregnant. I just don't have that kind of heart, so I will be choosing to risk leghumper status and wish them well and express my happiness. She clearly wants a child very badly, and has been through a lot of heartbreak with her previous miscarriages. I hope this pregnancy is without many complications, and that she stays safe and healthy.

I am happy for them. This will be a very loved and wanted child. I hope they don't risk Erin's health to have a ton of children, though.

I still have yet to see evidence that Erin and Chad would raise their children in the same manner they were raised, so I don't even think we can say things like "it's bad because of how they're going to raise their kids." And, even if they did, we shouldn't say such things. This couple obviously wants their future children. They've struggled so hard to conceive. Never should it be okay to minimize their joy by insinuating they shouldn't be parents, especially before we get the chance to see how they do as parents.

So is there a link to a You Tube or something showing the show? i don't watch the show (we don't have cable) but would love to see it if it's out there on the internet somewhere. I'm happy for her.

On the UpTV website, there are a series of 3-4 min long videos you can watch for free, including the segment about her ultrasound. The videos add up to about a 1/3rd of each episode.

I laughed when she had her ultrasound. The early ones to find a heartbeat are transvaginal so they use a dildo like wand. You could hear her say "hurry up and stick it in!" Because she was anxious. Not something we hear these women say. Lol!

I had a m/c just like hers our first time (we have 3 kids now) I know the terror if not knowing if there will be a HB or not. I'm so happy for them.

Yes, fundies procreating is not a great thing, but Erin and Chad seem genuinely sweet. It would be quite mean to wish another miscarriage on her, or a lifetime of not being able to get pregnant. I just don't have that kind of heart, so I will be choosing to risk leghumper status and wish them well and express my happiness. She clearly wants a child very badly, and has been through a lot of heartbreak with her previous miscarriages. I hope this pregnancy is without many complications, and that she stays safe and healthy.

It is mean to wish a miscarriage on anyone. A lot of people got mad at me because I couldn't support that POV with ZooZoo.

I think most couples want a child.. they are no different, and they're already had pain and heartache associated with it. I am happy for them. I wish them the joy of a child.

I laughed when she had her ultrasound. The early ones to find a heartbeat are transvaginal so they use a dildo like wand. You could hear her say "hurry up and stick it in!" Because she was anxious. Not something we hear these women say. Lol!

I had a m/c just like hers our first time (we have 3 kids now) I know the terror if not knowing if there will be a HB or not. I'm so happy for them.

I'm so glad you heard that too. I was sure I was crazy. I can't believe that would make it through the edits. I was sure it must be her accent which made it sound like she said "get it in" and it had to be something else.

My acquaintance that had a clotting order while pregnant had heparin shots. I was thinking they just took her off them at some period of time before she was due (while you cross your fingers that no clots develop) but we aren't close enough for me to know exactly how they planned out the labor and delivery. I certainly sympathize with Erin. I hate needles! And considering their beliefs, not taking aspirin while not pregnant would be the equivalent of birth control so she really will be on either aspirin (pre-pregnancy) or heparin (for the next 9-10 month) the rest of her childbearing life.

Heparin shots hurt like hell and make you look like you've been battered. Twice a day for 10 months... she's going to seriously reconsider having a full quiver.

I thought it was interesting that Kelly's mom not only wore pants, but lived alone in that large house. Her sisters own businesses and the adopted sister had a child with no mention of a man... There is hope for Erin to break out!

Can you imagine all the bows and frills we'll be seeing if it's a girl? I'm sure that baby's fake pigtails will set new records.

Can you imagine all the bows and frills we'll be seeing if it's a girl? I'm sure that baby's fake pigtails will set new records.

Maybe I am giving too much credit, but the Duggars are the only ones I can think of who are tacky enough for fake pigtails.

My thoughts on their pregnancy are the same as my thoughts for all other pregnancies: I hope that everything goes well and that everyone involved are healthy and happy. Regardless of how they were raised, these two have the potential to be excellent parents (just like the other couples we discuss on here) - we can't know how they will raise their child until they're actually doing it and, as such, I won't judge them ahead of time. Parenting is tough enough (and scary enough) without throwing unfounded criticism in there too.

I don't think Chad seems like the type of guy to insist Erin continue to get pregnant if it makes her suffer a lot or if it turns out to be dangerous for her to do so. I could be wrong, but I don't get the feeling that he would want to risk her life. And I could be wrong about this as well, but I don't know if Erin would want to risk leaving any children motherless because she died during a pregnancy. She seems like a very loving and maternal person. I just don't see her wanting to risk her safety in the pursuit of a ton of kids when she already has one (or several) that rely on her.

Maybe I am giving too much credit, but the Duggars are the only ones I can think of who are tacky enough for fake pigtails.

Given the way she does her own hair, I wouldn't put it past her!

Given the way she does her own hair, I wouldn't put it past her!

what do you mean? i think her hair looks very lovely. i love the little bump thing she does. i could never get my hair to do that kind of thing for the world, but it looks so nice and pretty on her. if i were to think of a southern belle type of girl, i'd think of erin.

Archived