IGNORED

CNN coverage of child deaths in Idaho faith healing

2xx1xy1JD

This video, esp. the cemetery with all the children's graves, is chilling.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/01/19 ... hat-shock/

I was struck by one lawmaker's statement, who I assume is pro-life: "We try to protect children before they're born, we need to protect them after as well".

It looks like there's no political will to change the religious exemption law. I hope that coverage like this might shame religious groups lobbying against any change - groups which allow medical treatment but want to protect religious rights - into realizing that they are basically defending that graveyard full of children who died from preventable deaths.

This video, esp. the cemetery with all the children's graves, is chilling.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/01/19 ... hat-shock/

I was struck by one lawmaker's statement, who I assume is pro-life: "We try to protect children before they're born, we need to protect them after as well".

It looks like there's no political will to change the religious exemption law. I hope that coverage like this might shame religious groups lobbying against any change - groups which allow medical treatment but want to protect religious rights - into realizing that they are basically defending that graveyard full of children who died from preventable deaths.

That's the first I can ever recall anyone on the "pro-life" side actually being, you know, pro-life.

Shameful.

Part of the problem is that people assume that losing a child is punishment enough and, having lost one, they will see the error of their ways and seek help for their other children should issues occur again. Sadly, this is not always true.

That's the first I can ever recall anyone on the "pro-life" side actually being, you know, pro-life.

Shameful.

QFT. Liking was not enough.

Archived