IGNORED

Joseph Duggar starts College

luv2laugh

According to Duggar Family Blog:

"Joseph Duggar turned 20 yesterday. What is he up to these days? After high school, Joseph attended ALERT Academy in Big Sandy, Texas. It was difficult for the family, especially Michelle, to adjust to him living so far from home.

Now, Joseph is a new student at Crown Bible College in Knoxville, Tennessee. That is 10 hours away from his home in Springdale, Arkansas, but only 30 minutes from where the Bates live in Rocky Top, Tennessee. Joseph is known to rise at 5am and spend an hour reading the Bible and praying before starting his day."

Is Crown College accredited?

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/01 ... llege.html

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Clown College, but better than College Minus.

Wonder if this is a convenient excuse to court a Bates girl?

Clown College is not accredited, at least not regionally (which is the one that counts). Well, at least one of the Duggars is going to school, but he couldn't have found a fundie college closer to home? :?

Clown College is not accredited, at least not regionally (which is the one that counts). Well, at least one of the Duggars is going to school, but he couldn't have found a fundie college closer to home? :?

Yes- there are at least two within 2 hours of them. I posted about them in the thread on College of the Ozarks I think.

We've had extensive discussions about the accreditation, or lack thereof, of Crown College on various Bates threads.

Does the "Duggar Family Blog," which is unofficial, have any source for this statement?

It is Crown College of the Bible, not Crown Bible College. Blogger oughta get it straight.

No Duggar time here, Joseph will have to adjust to getting up and going to class. Hope it goes well for him.

Jana? Joyanna?

"Joseph Duggar turned 20 yesterday. What is he up to these days?"

Continuing to help raise his parents' children and being an indentured servant on any of his father's construction projects?

"After high school, Joseph attended ALERT Academy in Big Sandy, Texas."

Jim Bob and I send the boys to fake military training camp because it keeps them submissive and too exhausted to make a date with Rosie Palms. Purity for the win!

It was difficult for the family, especially Michelle, to adjust to him living so far from home.

Well, of course it is! Losing a J slave is always hard for Michelle, it means she might actually have to get up off her ass, do more chores around the house, and spend some time parenting her own children.

"Now, Joseph is a new student at Crown Bible College in Knoxville, Tennessee. That is 10 hours away from his home in Springdale, Arkansas, but only 30 minutes from where the Bates live in Rocky Top, Tennessee."

Is he planning on staying with the Bateseses while he goes to school?

"Joseph is known to rise at 5 AM and spend an hour reading the Bible and praying before starting his day."

See above reason for sending the boys to ALERT, only this time, replace ALERT with reading the Bible.

Well, I'm glad Joseph is in college. Hopefully, he will pave the way for his siblings. Yes, I understand that Crown College is not accredited. But at this point, it's more important that Joseph got out of his parents' house and that he's in college instead of back at ATI camp or married to some girl he barely knows. Good for him!

Room and board + tuition = 14,000 a year, not too bad. JB probably found Joe's currency.

Come on girls, speak up!

It's Clown College, but better than College Minus.

Wonder if this is a convenient excuse to court a Bates girl?

I was wondering that too. Aren't there a couple Bates girls around his age?

I was wondering that too. Aren't there a couple Bates girls around his age?

Tori is 19. He been spending a lot of time with the Bates. Someone on twitter met Joseph and a few Bates two days ago. Is he living on campus or at the Bates house?

If he was living on campus, he might have more freedom than if he was with the Bates family. Still even if he is staying with the Bates family, this could be a nice experience for him.

I can't imagine that he would be staying with the Bates because of their shows. Would TLC want Joseph on a competitor network show? Would UP want their stars on TLC? If he is staying with them, I would bet on a lot of creative editing and flat out lying.

Didn't Lawson and Joseph post a video a few days ago teasing big news? I think if it got Lawson involved it probably involves Joseph staying with the Bates.

Didn't Lawson and Joseph post a video a few days ago teasing big news? I think if it got Lawson involved it probably involves Joseph staying with the Bates.

Did they say when they're going to reveal what the "big news" is?

Did they say when they're going to reveal what the "big news" is?

No. The video is them pretending the camera hasn't started filming yet. Then they say they have big news but only 15 seconds to share it. And then they say they're out of time, but to staye tuned.

Edited because autocorrect

If he was living on campus, he might have more freedom than if he was with the Bates family. Still even if he is staying with the Bates family, this could be a nice experience for him.

Doesn't he require an accountability "buddy"? Good thing for the Bateses family or the Duggars wouldn't know about sending a kid to college!

[fade][/fade]

No. The video is them pretending the camera hasn't started filming yet. Then they say they have big news but only 15 seconds to share it. And then they say they're out of time, but to staye tuned.

Edited because autocorrect

Weird.

If he wasn't staying with the Bates family, would he have a roommate? What would the Duggars think of that? Who knew what the roommate would say to him?

Josj- Dc job

Jana- nada

JD-use of plane

Jill-use of very nice home

Jessa- use of a starter home

Jinger- Nada

Joe- Crown College

What the hell is wrong with this picture?

so he just went to a school that is just an extension of his parents. Really makes me wonder if this is just to make them look better?

No matter how strict/religious Crown College is, at the end of the day they have many other students to look after and they aren't going to be as controlling as Jim Bob.

Perhaps, a courtship with a Bateses daughter? Or Lawson and Joseph are going into business together!

I think it is something to make them look better (JB and M), BUT I think it is a great opportunity for Joseph...he's away from home!!

I don't think he's courting a Bates girl, the only one available is Tori and she keeps saying she doesn't want to get married any time soon. I know that doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen, but I just can't see it. Joseph could be courting a totally unknown girl from the area, or (more likely) no one at all. Maybe Jim Bob finally woke up and realized the idea of supporting a horde of sons and sons-in-law with used car lots and towing businesses was unrealistic.

It's interesting, though, Joseph isn't the one I would've expected to go to college. I wonder what exactly he's studying.

Archived