• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
19 cats and counting

Name that Duggar

19 cats and counting

I watched a few of the Name that Bates clips that the kids have been doing with Gil and Kelly.

Do you think that JB and Michelle would be able to answer questions in a Name that Duggar game?

txmommyof4

Oh wow! There is absolutely no way in hell JB & M would ever sit and laugh and joke with their kids that way. When they asked about which one would have 19 kids Tori (?I don't know my Bates kids) said I am just not getting married. Duggar heads would have exploded. Then jokingly called her dad evil. No matter what bad qualities the Bates family has, at least they have actually raised those kids.

I can hear the Duggar version. Which kid likes bible verses. Which kid was a preemie. That's the only kind they could answer.

AngelGirl8811

Jim Bob and Michelle probably wouldn't be able to but I bet the Sister Moms would!

16strong

My own mom (mother of 2) couldn't remember that broccoli and mushrooms are my least favorite foods until my late teens. There's no way J'chelle could do a Name That Duggar.

Wenny

Did they try that when they were going to Asia? Michelle flubbed the first question about josh getting married?

Josh, Jill, Josie, Jinger (only because she is the world's favorite) she would know but eveyone else is up in the air.

MrsAndiAwesome

Hahaha. My mil for years made my husband a banana cake each year for his birthday. From the time he was like 18 or so until he was 25. He HATES banana cake. He doesn't like banana flavored anything. SHE likes banana cake and apparently couldn't separate her own likes from his. She also invariably invited us to come to Christmas Eve at her house early despite that fact that as a manager at a grocery store, he always had to work Christmas Eve. Every year. Every year she would invite us and EVERY YEAR my husband would say he was working. She would always gasp and say "You have to work on Christmas Eve THIS YEAR?!?! I can't believe they're making you work!" He also had to work on Thanksgiving morning every year because he was the manager of the Deli/Bakery department and they did those pick up Thanksgiving dinners. Every year that we were together and he worked there, he had to work it. That is ten years. Every year she forgot that he worked it and was absolutely shocked that he had to work in the morning. So personally, if my mil, who only had the ONE child, couldn't remember any of this about her only son?? I think that Michelle would fail and fail big.

BrownieMomma
Hahaha. My mil for years made my husband a banana cake each year for his birthday. From the time he was like 18 or so until he was 25. He HATES banana cake. He doesn't like banana flavored anything. SHE likes banana cake and apparently couldn't separate her own likes from his. She also invariably invited us to come to Christmas Eve at her house early despite that fact that as a manager at a grocery store, he always had to work Christmas Eve. Every year. Every year she would invite us and EVERY YEAR my husband would say he was working. She would always gasp and say "You have to work on Christmas Eve THIS YEAR?!?! I can't believe they're making you work!" He also had to work on Thanksgiving morning every year because he was the manager of the Deli/Bakery department and they did those pick up Thanksgiving dinners. Every year that we were together and he worked there, he had to work it. That is ten years. Every year she forgot that he worked it and was absolutely shocked that he had to work in the morning. So personally, if my mil, who only had the ONE child, couldn't remember any of this about her only son?? I think that Michelle would fail and fail big.

Your MIL either has some kind of faulty memory issue or a personality disorder or something. That is not normal.

Regardless, I think Michelle would also fail because she might remember facts but confuse as to whom those facts apply.

MrsAndiAwesome

Your MIL either has some kind of faulty memory issue or a personality disorder or something. That is not normal.

Regardless, I think Michelle would also fail because she might remember facts but confuse as to whom those facts apply.

Haha. Personally, I think that she just has a very selective memory. She conveniently "forgets" things that she doesn't like. It used to make her mad that we spent Christmas Eve evening with my parents and then spent Christmas morning at her house and Christmas afternoon at my hubbys big family gathering....which she was also a part of. She wanted us for Christmas Eve too and his working screwed up her plans. As for Thanksgiving, she wanted us to move closer to her (even though she was only twenty minutes away) and he would have to quit his job for that. So she always made a big deal over anything from his job that was bad or inconvenient....it didn't work for her. He did end up quitting but we then moved almost 2 hours away from her. She is still pissed at me for it and it's been heading on 3 years now.

As for the banana cake stuff, she just doesn't seem to realize that people have different likes than her. She once got me an ice cream cake for my birthday (not sure why because she doesn't normally) and when she gave it to me she said "Oh.....I got the strawberry cheesecake one.....that is my favorite." I was ok with it because I like it fine but if she had actually asked me, I wouldn't gotten something else. She is just one of those people.

Walking Cat Bed

My mother will occasionally dredge up some ancient, fuzzy memory of something I liked (or even disliked) and try to convince me that I've ALWAYS liked it.

Like this year, for Christmas, my gifts included a planner (I already have one, and I'm VERY picky about my planners -- to the extent that I make parts of them myself) and a scented candle (I don't do candles, I've NEVER liked lighting candles because it makes me nervous). Because we don't see each other often enough for her to remember every single interest and the details of each.

BrownieMomma
My mother will occasionally dredge up some ancient, fuzzy memory of something I liked (or even disliked) and try to convince me that I've ALWAYS liked it.

Like this year, for Christmas, my gifts included a planner (I already have one, and I'm VERY picky about my planners -- to the extent that I make parts of them myself) and a scented candle (I don't do candles, I've NEVER liked lighting candles because it makes me nervous). Because we don't see each other often enough for her to remember every single interest and the details of each.

Sad that I think this must be true for Michelle. She might lay eyes on all the kids every day but she couldn't possibly "see" them all every single day to really know them.

Really, what a loss for her. No wonder she grasps at things like bragging how she birthed every one. I bet she does not have a tenth of a relationship with any child that I have with my one daughter.

Heck I am always on good terms with my most distant child, I'd bet the farm Michelle does not have even that with any of her children. Not even champion kool-aid kid Jill Michelle.

SassyPants

Sad that I think this must be true for Michelle. She might lay eyes on all the kids every day but she couldn't possibly "see" them all every single day to really know them.

Really, what a loss for her. No wonder she grasps at things like bragging how she birthed every one. I bet she does not have a tenth of a relationship with any child that I have with my one daughter.

Heck I am always on good terms with my most distant child, I'd bet the farm Michelle does not have even that with any of her children. Not even champion kool-aid kid Jill Michelle.

Ironic, isn't it... The couple that could talk non-stop about each baby being so precious and such a blessing, and like flowers, there could never be too many children in the world, have had so many, that each child has diminished importance and relevance in their lives.

It's brainwashing or willful blindness; perhaps a bit of both.

Walking Cat Bed

Oh, we're on good terms -- Mom's just a bit spacey sometimes. We get along much better when we visit a few times a year and live in different states, since we're not living in each others' pockets. She just remembers that I was talking about planners, and she found one she liked for a REALLY good price, so she grabbed one for me too.

The candle has become a Gift For The House, since my roommate will use candles occasionally. (She also bought cat treats for both of the cats.)