IGNORED

Joseph's Birthday

HarleyQuinn

It's Joseph's birthday today, and in true Duggar fashion, the only thing they can compliment is his love for Jesus.

"Today, we are celebrating a very special young man's birthday! Joe's tender heart, overflowing with such compassion & hope is merely a reflection of his first & most important relationship with Jesus! We are so thankful for you! Happy Birthday, Joseph!"

Happy Birthday, Joseph...run!

It's Joseph's birthday today, and in true Duggar fashion, the only thing they can compliment is his love for Jesus.

"Today, we are celebrating a very special young man's birthday! Joe's tender heart, overflowing with such compassion & hope is merely a reflection of his first & most important relationship with Jesus! We are so thankful for you! Happy Birthday, Joseph!"

Happy Birthday, Joseph...run!

I dislike the Bates' as much as the Duggars, but at least Kelly and Gil can say why they're grateful for their childing without even mentioning Jesus.

Do you even know your childrens' names in order Mullet?!?!

Jessa Nov 1992

Jinger Dec 1993

Joe Jan 1995

Josiah Aug 1996

Joy Oct 1997

Jed/Jer Dec 1998

I would love to see photos of Michelle's reproductive organs and tract.

Those babies weren't getting much attention for long. Michelle's cycle sure returns quickly.

I dislike the Bates' as much as the Duggars, but at least Kelly and Gil can say why they're grateful for their childing without even mentioning Jesus.

Michelle can probably name her children in order. Everyone can, if they think of Michelle's voice in their head, saying the opening bit to 19 Kids and Counting. Now name them out of order? She would probably miss out a few.

It seems like the only thing Michelle knows about her children is their gender (therefore, a few things they are supposed to like) and that they are a Christian.

Michelle can probably name her children in order. Everyone can, if they think of Michelle's voice in their head, saying the opening bit to 19 Kids and Counting. Now name them out of order? She would probably miss out a few.

It seems like the only thing Michelle knows about her children is their gender (therefore, a few things they are supposed to like) and that they are a Christian.

True. I do remember once upon a time though there was an interview with her and she was put on the spot to name all her children. There was a long pause in the middle.

What else could J'chelle speak about regarding Joseph? They are a Jesus centered family and she recognizes Joseph keeps Jesus first. In her eyes, that is a successful child! If he did/does anything else; it would be a lesser accomplishment. Main stream achievements as graduating from school, working, having lots of friends, participating in sports are not part of their world!

And Anna wished him a happy birthday too, but in a picture where they both have anti choice shirts on.

Anna, you're so transparent.

The bolded reminded me of a news article I read some time in the late 90's: there was a family in Chicago whose youngest child had just graduated from high school. all of their children had gone to private Catholic schools, K-12. the point of the article was that they had seventeen children. what I recall the most is that when the reporter interviewed the parents, the father had a parlor trick of sorts where he could rapidly list his children's names by age, alpha, etc, and also knew their birthdates and social security numbers.

yeah, I bet JB and Me-Chelle can't do that...

And Anna wished him a happy birthday too, but in a picture where they both have anti choice shirts on.

Anna, you're so transparent.

Man, I had to stop following her. I used to like that she posted pictures of her kids, but now EVERY SINGLE PICTURE that goes up is how bad abortion is. I GET IT, YOU'RE PROBIRTH. SHUT UP!

The bolded reminded me of a news article I read some time in the late 90's: there was a family in Chicago whose youngest child had just graduated from high school. all of their children had gone to private Catholic schools, K-12. the point of the article was that they had seventeen children. what I recall the most is that when the reporter interviewed the parents, the father had a parlor trick of sorts where he could rapidly list his children's names by age, alpha, etc, and also knew their birthdates and social security numbers.

yeah, I bet JB and Me-Chelle can't do that...

I wonder if Michelle carries a cheat sheet in her purse with all the kids' birthdates on it. I wonder if she's ever gone to pick up a prescription and been asked to confirm the birthdate and had to call the sister mom to find it out. It wouldn't surprise me.

Man, I had to stop following her. I used to like that she posted pictures of her kids, but now EVERY SINGLE PICTURE that goes up is how bad abortion is. I GET IT, YOU'RE PROBIRTH. SHUT UP!

I wonder if she's like my hypocritcal Catholic mother "abortion causes breast cancer you know!"

Someone show me SCIENCE and several detailed studies and then I might consider what you're saying mum.

I wonder if Michelle carries a cheat sheet in her purse with all the kids' birthdates on it. I wonder if she's ever gone to pick up a prescription and been asked to confirm the birthdate and had to call the sister mom to find it out. It wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, I am 100% certain (based on her way of describing her kids younger than the first 4-7) that the only thing she really knows about her children revolves around each pregnancy and birth. She could probably tell you each one of their stories from conception through infancy, but will probably flounder after that.

This is the same woman that seemed shocked that Joseph and Jinger would discuss their favorite color privately.

This is the same woman that seemed shocked that Joseph and Jinger would discuss their favorite color privately.

Probably because she wanted to know, so if asked about her children she could actually say something about them apart from "they love Jesus".

What does Joseph do? Well, a normal 20 year old might be in college, or working a job, or both. He'd probably be dating, or hanging out with his friends on weekends. He might help out around the house and grounds, with mowing, or cutting down trees or something...

Unfortunately, that last sentence is the only thing that Joseph IS probably doing! :evil-eye:

What does Joseph do? Well, a normal 20 year old might be in college, or working a job, or both. He'd probably be dating, or hanging out with his friends on weekends. He might help out around the house and grounds, with mowing, or cutting down trees or something...

Unfortunately, that last sentence is the only thing that Joseph IS probably doing! :evil-eye:

So what does Ben do? { no, please do not tell me} Do they work together? Joe is older than Ben-LOL

Does anyone know what Joseph does?

I watch the show fairly religiously (sometimes I tune out) and based on what I've seen Joseph works out. I don't recall any mention of a job and I don't recall any celebration for him getting his GED like Josiah. There was a whole episode surrounding him leaving for an graduating Alert. Maybe he's waiting for a natural disaster to occur so he can help out.

The show has said he helps out JD, so I'm assuming he must help with that towing business. I'm guessing he still does a bunch of lawn care with Josiah too.

I've always found it funny that the family owns both a used car business AND a towing business. Chicken? Egg? :lol:

Duggar Family Official

1 hr ·

Jim Bob decided he wanted to do his own post for Joseph's birthday! So from dad: Joseph turned 20 on the 20th! He is such a great, diligent young man. He typically gets up early at 5 am and prays and studies his Bible for over an hour. Joseph has just started going to Crown Bible College in Knoxville, Tennessee. He loves teaching and discipling young men, encouraging them to make wise choices in their lives. God is going to use Joseph in a mighty way to share His love and Bible principles to today's world! We are very pleased with his choices so far. We love you, son.

Archived