IGNORED

Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

LadyPriss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. We often talk about Sarah, but what do the others do? Sarah at least writes the books.

Doesn't one them cook/bake?

And since they are on the A List Hiking Team, they most work out.

In my opinion, the saddest part of her story is that by now, she's probably far more comfortable just staying at home with her parents than trying to find a husband and forge a life of her very own. She's been so brow-beaten and so very indoctrinated over the years that I strongly believe she only feels safe in the presence of her family.

Agree. Plus she's so used to following her father and his edicts (Daddy knows best, you know), she's probably at a point where she wouldn't be able to follow a husband should she get married. While we haven't seen the emotional incest to the level of the Botkinettes (no daddy shaving in Maxhell), the cult in which Sarah was raised elevates Daddy to a point where being with and following any other man would be like a betrayal.

I watched my youngest sister, who was like a SAHD in a lot of respects though she did work an outside job, mark her 33rd birthday in the Maxwellian family home. It was not a happy time for her, she strongly felt the passage of time and no prospects for any other life on the horizon. Life was work, cleaning and cooking for the family (sound familiar?). Everything was focused on what Mom and Dad wanted; she felt stifled but unable to change it because she was so afraid. She did eventually get out but her marriage has been overburdened by her guilt over leaving and still wanting to please the parents, especially when some problem or crisis arises. In a lot of ways, they still control her life even from 1300 miles away. I imagine that if Sarah married, the same thing would happen to her.

Sadly, for Sarah, Steve has made idols of many things - especially sheltering. The sheltering is a huge waste of potential and of life itself.

Agree!

Did anyone see Steve's latest dads email? Where he admits completely that he has always struggled with food addiction. And that he tried to turn it into an exercise addiction but lately he's been slipping up. Also that he bit his nails for fifty years!

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the daughters will be allowed to marry.

I doubt it. Now Mary- lately she has been sporting the same smug look on her face as her brothers. She's young and pretty and knows it, and thinks it will buy her a ticket for marriage while her sisters rot and stare on in envy. BOY is she wrong. Her face when she figures out that she's no different than her sisters will be priceless. Mind you, I am still sad for all of them and the lives they will never be able to lead.

Did anyone see Steve's latest dads email? Where he admits completely that he has always struggled with food addiction. And that he tried to turn it into an exercise addiction but lately he's been slipping up. Also that he bit his nails for fifty years!

Yep I did.

Last night, I said good-bye to my 22 year old niece and her boyfriend. They are spending the next two months in Ecuador, volunteering for an environmental organization I can't remember the name of right now. Where they make no money and go to no beaches for photo ops, but instead spend their days working with those who live there and teaching them how to use the resources available to them to work towards sustainable living. They both graduated from college last year and both have full time jobs for non profits in the environmental/conservation sector. They are close to their families as well as strong, determined, committed young adults with minds, desires and plans of their own.

They are so far above Sarah, who is 11 years their senior, Sarah's poor head would spin to even think of them. Unfortunately for poor Sarah, she'll never understand that my niece and her boyfriend are far more Jesus like than she will ever be.

Last night, I said good-bye to my 22 year old niece and her boyfriend. They are spending the next two months in Ecuador, volunteering for an environmental organization I can't remember the name of right now. Where they make no money and go to no beaches for photo ops, but instead spend their days working with those who live there and teaching them how to use the resources available to them to work towards sustainable living. They both graduated from college last year and both have full time jobs for non profits in the environmental/conservation sector. They are close to their families as well as strong, determined, committed young adults with minds, desires and plans of their own.

They are so far above Sarah, who is 11 years their senior, Sarah's poor head would spin to even think of them. Unfortunately for poor Sarah, she'll never understand that my niece and her boyfriend are far more Jesus like than she will ever be.

Sadly, neither will the Duggars. Or the Bateses. Or the Seewalds for that matter.

Ah, Salex, you had a noble idea, posting those poems for Steve to read. Sadly, control freaks see what they want to see, so this is how I imagine they will look to Steve, if he even skims them:

Robert Herrick. 1591–1674

To the Virgins, to make much of Time

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,

Old Time is still a-flying:

And this same flower that smiles to-day

To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,

The higher he 's a-getting,

The sooner will his race be run,

And nearer he 's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,

When youth and blood are warmer;

But being spent, the worse, and worst

Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,

And while ye may, go marry:

For having lost but once your prime,

You may for ever tarry.

To His Coy Mistress

BY ANDREW MARVELL

Had we but world enough, and time,

This coyness, lady, were no crime.

We would sit down, and think which way

To walk, and pass our long love's day.

Thou by the Indian Ganges' side

Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide

Of Humber would complain. I would

Love you ten years before the flood,

And you should, if you please, refuse

Till the conversion of the Jews.

My vegetable love would grow

Vaster than empires, and more slow;

An hundred years should go to praise

Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;

Two hundred to adore each breast,

But thirty thousand to the rest;

An age at least to every part,

And the last age should show your heart.

For, lady, you deserve this state,

Nor would I love at lower rate.

But at my back I always hear

Time's winged chariot hurrying near:

And yonder all before us lie

Deserts of vast eternity.

Thy beauty shall no more be found;

Nor, in thy marble vaults, shall sound

My echoing song; then worms shall try

That long-preserved virginity,

And your quaint honour turn to dust,

And into ashes all my lust:

The grave's a fine and private place,

But none, I think, do there embrace.

Now therefore, while the youthful hue

Sits on thy skin like morning dew,

And while thy willing soul transpires

At every pore with instant fires,

Now let us sport us while we may,

And now, like amorous birds of prey,

Rather at once our time devour

Than languish in his slow-chapped power.

Let us roll all our strength, and all

Our sweetness, up into one ball,

And tear our pleasure with rough strife

Through the iron gates of life:

Thus, though we cannot make our sun

Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Another birthday another year another day cleaning and reading the Bible. Poor Sarah. Goodness Steve she's not your damn property. I would think buy now he would at least want more grand kids. But Sarahs eggs are dying up every year. Happy birthday Sarah!

Another birthday another year another day cleaning and reading the Bible. Poor Sarah. Goodness Steve she's not your damn property. I would think buy now he would at least want more grand kids. But Sarahs eggs are dying up every year. Happy birthday Sarah!

Agree!

I noticed on the most recent Seriously post that the Steve says he family has a dinner time verse so that he can learn to not be addicted to food. Just more proof the family is all about Steve's issues and wants.

I noticed on the most recent Seriously post that the Steve says he family has a dinner time verse so that he can learn to not be addicted to food. Just more proof the family is all about Steve's issues and wants.

Got that right! It's only about Steve!

The whold family is about Steve's transference of food control to control of everything else and shifting body image issues onto near-addiction to exercise.

Steve, I know you read this. Please seek help, because your obsessions have ruined your children and they may never be able to overcome it and lead independent lives. Especially your daughters.

Steve: you should know how bad it looks for your brand that none of your daughters are married.

Seriously, let Sarah marry! I feel so sad for her. She has been raised to believe that is her goal in life and yet she is still at home. Is it about your ego?

Archived