IGNORED

Pecan and Pris Updates

sophrosyne

I don't get the feeling that the Kellers were plumbing line parents. Hopefully Paul didn't suffer repurcussions.

My kiddo liked to hoard sweets under her pillow. I had to clean up smushed donuts a couple times and deal with melted chocolate, but that's about it. I consider myself very lucky.

Yet another episode clip to look for, but there is strong evidence Josh and Anna (i.e. just Anna bc she's the woman) blanket trained Mac. There's a clip of them in their living room sitting on the couch talking to the camera and pretty much not paying any attention to Mac. That wouldn't bother me much (they are in their own home after all) except that Mac was sitting on a blanket and clearly not moving off it. The first time I saw that, it just screamed blanket training. Anyhow, if they did that, then I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pris does the same thing.

Paul is fricken adorable though. And he looked so cute in that messy crisco. I want to say that they took pictures and made a joke of it so that means they wouldn't punish him, at least not too much.

On a side note, how do we pronouce Davia?? Duh-vee-uh? dav-ee-ua??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With my son it was maple syrup; with my daughter - vegetable oil. I had child locks on the cabinets both times.

Therefore (heh) many children learn to unlock a childproofed cabinet by the age of two. I just rearranged and put the Tupperware in the lower cabinets. What toddler doesn't love a Tupperware avalanche?

My friend's triplets just mastered the child proof locks at her house. They are 20 months and...wow...they can think of EVERYTHING!

Is it true that multiples figure things out together? I heard about multiples once unhinging a door. :lol: (i searched online but couldn't find that story) Things that don't seem to be possible for a small child but they work together. With kids who were capable of crazy stuff I'd barely get a bit of sleep thinking they'd wake up and manage to hurt themselves somehow.

If they're posting a picture of it and calling it "cute", I would hope that means they're not punishing him. Even fundie parents can be reasonable sometimes.

Yet another episode clip to look for, but there is strong evidence Josh and Anna (i.e. just Anna bc she's the woman) blanket trained Mac. There's a clip of them in their living room sitting on the couch talking to the camera and pretty much not paying any attention to Mac. That wouldn't bother me much (they are in their own home after all) except that Mac was sitting on a blanket and clearly not moving off it. The first time I saw that, it just screamed blanket training. Anyhow, if they did that, then I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Pris does the same thing.

Paul is fricken adorable though. And he looked so cute in that messy crisco. I want to say that they took pictures and made a joke of it so that means they wouldn't punish him, at least not too much.

On a side note, how do we pronouce Davia?? Duh-vee-uh? dav-ee-ua??

More like Duh-vay-uh, I believe. I mean if they wanted a David Jr they had their chance with Paul Wall-er :shrug:

I love Paul. He is absolutely adorable and has been for as long as I can remember.

But I feel bad for him and his sister. One of the things that rarely gets questioned around here is the love between married couples. I think that, whatever else their faults are, it's pretty clear that Kelly and Gil, JB and M, Derrick and Jill, Josh and Anna, Erin and Chad, Alyssa and John, etc. etc. really love and care about each other.

But Pris and Pecan? I don't get that feeling at all. He seems to barely tolerate her, and she seems insecure and desperate for his approval. I think that's a tough dynamic to have in the home, and even though they both seem to really love their children, that's not a healthy example to set them.

I mean, yes, I know that we only see snippets of their lives, but if that is their best face, I really question if things are better off camera.

First off, Paul is indeed a cutie, I would just love to hug him!

Agree that there's obviously love between some of our famous fundie couples that is clearly lacking between Pecan and Pris. While I would like to hope that maybe it's all just how they come across on camera and there's more feeling demonstrated privately, to be honest, I don't think so. I always got the feeling that Pecan was not wanting to get married for whatever reason, he did it because it was required of him. I find reading his blog posting about his side of their story just rather tortuous and like he was fighting with himself. I got the feeling he picked Pris because she was available. As for Pris, she seems to have expectations from marriage that don't seem to have panned out, aside from having babies. She still doesn't look comfortable with him and he seems impatient with her.

• 2 weeks later...
Their son is ridiculously cute. I think Paul, Mackyznie, and Bradley (Bates) are my favorite fundie kids out of sheer cuteness.

Amen sister! Those are the cutest babies ever.

That boy is adorable. I'm not particularly a mommy-type but this is the outcome of the deadly combination of a kitchen and a toddler :lol: Toddlers are quite rambunctious. I too hope they didn't whip out their plumbing line.

I am not sure that just seeing Mac on a blanket on Anna's floor means blanket training. Maybe it does, but not sure. I always had my kids on a blanket on the floor when they were little. They would have their toys on there, the little gyms that they would lay under and play with etc. They loved it. They weren't blanket trained, in that they were punished if the left the blanket, but I just preferred to have them on a freshly laundered, soft blanket than on the scratchy old carpeting.

I think a lot of parents use a blanket like that. But no one that I know of has ever smacked a kid if they didn't stay on the blanket. That is a truly horrible thing to do to a baby

Paul is a cute little kid.... and I remember stories of being little and "painting" the walls (and myself) with peanut butter. ;)

Blanket training can be done without hitting [i did not do this]. I'm 50 and we played in playpens. Didn't stop us being curious, intelligent etc. We also learned to sit still without being beaten into submission. I could see Anna doing this in a more MODERN and positive way. My own nephew used to play contentedly on one of those road map rugs for little cars--same size as a blanket and he didn't have any "training."

If they're posting a picture of it and calling it "cute", I would hope that means they're not punishing him. Even fundie parents can be reasonable sometimes.

That's how I'm looking at it.

I think they can have a good marriage with love and respect even if there is not a romantic type love involved. she is a bit peculiar, I don't know enough about them.

I tried to put childproof locks on my cabinets and it was a disaster I totally messed it up. I never had them. I put anything dangerous out of reach and never left them unattended while loose.I was a bit neurotic actually. #3 was the biggest explorer and mess maker. I had my last two in my current house and it took me a long time to figure out I could put the baby in the empty bathtub with a few toys while I showered( it was separate) that was heavan. They all loved sharpies.

New video about their three year anniversary up. For once Pris’s speech was decent and she seam less drugged and David was slightly less ass-like. If this was the first video I ever saw of them I would think they are a little odd but a nice couple :think: . I guess this was a good day for them maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=CZIvU0TWZ2c

The special snowflake talk made me giggle. yes Davie we know your one special snowflake. :lol:

This isn't the first time he has told us that every single snowflake is unique. I'm trying to imagine what kind of snowflake study could possibly prove this. And I'm glad he's using something other than the bible to try to make a point.

He does seem more personable in this video. He didn't give her a dirty look when she tossed snow on him. And she seemed relaxed.

I'm jealous of the beautiful surroundings they were in.

Paul's just being a two year old.

my sister's kid would take stuff out of the freezer and leave it on the floor. then he would press the lever on the water dispenser.

as long as dangerous items are out of reach, a messy kitchen is not the end of the world.

I received a LinkedIn invitation from David Waller today.

Oh my.

I wasn't aware 'ol Davey networked with women. :think:

Maybe he's job hunting. The end of headquarters is nigh?

We can hope!

And at least he is job hunting/making preparations in case he loses his job...even if it means forming connections with ebil working women!

There are SOME Keller husbands who would not even deign to create a profile!

He mentioned on their 3rd anniversary vlog (repeatedly) that he's very tired when he comes home from work, that his job is very busy, and said at least once it was mostly maintaining work relationships (not sure what that means). So, yes, he might be working his butt off at his job trying to justify his employment?

I received a LinkedIn invitation from David Waller today.

Oh my.

I want to connect with him on LinkedIn to help him break out of ATI, but we aren't connected in any way so I can't make the request.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived