IGNORED

Pecan and Pris Updates

sophrosyne

Little P-Thief Paul got his paws in the Crisco, per Pecan's Davidncil Instagram. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the pecan tree.

And so many jokes we could make about Crisco in Pecan Thief's cupboard....

Snark aside, Paul does look hilariously cute, all smeared with Crisco. Kinda gross to imagine him eating it or what the digestive effects might be. And, yes, kids get into stuff in the kitchen and it doesn't mean Pecan and Pris are terrible parents.

But, snark resumed, that "paperwork" that Pecan and Pris were doing atop the table must have been intensely consuming. I wonder what they were working on.

instagram.com/p/yAyOaEAqc5/?modal=true

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the oatmeal from 2 weeks ago :lol: Maybe the paperwork was taxes?

Taxes and new babies in the family! Both distracting to parents and distracted parents make older kids go wild.

post-10046-14451999876997_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure every parent has had something like that happen at some point. My young nephew's specialty is cooking oil. And Paul sure is a cute kid!

One of my girls loves getting into the flour so much that we had to put it in a tightly-closing jar in the cabinet over the fridge. Other girl cries over even a little something on her. Give me the flour over oil!

he's an adorable little thing. :D i hope p&p aren't punishing him too harshly for this behind the scenes ala the pearls. kids are kids, and small kids will get into stuff in less than .68 seconds, given the opportunity.**

**from the ken alexander supplemental course on vital statistics

I don't like the thought of having to clean up Crisco, but it would beat my experience with things of that sort. Once a little boy I babysat regularly got into his baby sister's Desitin. He got it all over himself, the wall, the carpet and THE DOG. That stuff is made to withstand urine, you know. :shock:

It took forever and a day to get it cleaned up and the dog was so sick from licking it off himself. Good times. :lol:

cabinet locks! :D i have nothing in some of my lower cabinets anymore and we took out and stored a couple of lower drawers because my ds would stand in them to piddle with ingredients on the cabinet, dump out the salt shaker and things like that.

Paul must have pulled the crisco off the shelf, because i really doubt that was stored within reach. I hope Pris is smarter than to store things on lower shelves. :lol:

With my son it was maple syrup; with my daughter - vegetable oil. I had child locks on the cabinets both times.

Therefore (heh) many children learn to unlock a childproofed cabinet by the age of two. I just rearranged and put the Tupperware in the lower cabinets. What toddler doesn't love a Tupperware avalanche?

My friend's triplets just mastered the child proof locks at her house. They are 20 months and...wow...they can think of EVERYTHING!

cabinet locks! :D i have nothing in some of my lower cabinets anymore and we took out and stored a couple of lower drawers because my ds would stand in them to piddle with ingredients on the cabinet, dump out the salt shaker and things like that.

Paul must have pulled the crisco off the shelf, because i really doubt that was stored within reach. I hope Pris is smarter than to store things on lower shelves. :lol:

you can see some other things in the open cabinet next to him -- looks like maple syrup and some other kind of oil...

Despite even the best childproofing efforts, some kids are just going to get into stuff. If Crisco is his worst offense, they're lucky. Hopefully they have the truly dangerous things completely out of reach AND locked away (cleaners, spraypaint, glue, etc.).

He's one cute kid. I hope they didn't punish him. It's food (sort-of) and it was within his reach. And more importantly, I hope he didn't ruin his cute sweater! It's hard not to just LOL looking at his cute little satisfied grin. I hope they did, too.

My oldest spilt out all the pretzels from a large tub and then proceeded to put the tub on his head like a spaceman momma.

After I finished laughing I greased him up w/ butter and pulled it off of him. :lol:

Years ago, I knew a very conservative Presbyterian pastor's wife who didn't believe in baby proofing at all! She believed that you should just teach your children to to touch stuff. This was years before I heard of blanket training, but yeah, I'll bet she was into that.

Pearl teaches to store things within easy reach, and then beat the child for touching them.

For any normal family, I'd laugh at these pics and share my own stories, but for this child it just makes me very sad because I can imagine what was done to him for this.

Do we have reason to conclude that Pecan and Pris follow Pearl's teachings on child-beating? I know he works for ATI, but is that necessarily the same when it comes to child-beating?

Beautiful Boy!

My boy loved him some black Sharpie markers- I think he hid them. Since I worked many weekends, dad was in charge...that boy knew when dad was in charge and out came that black marker.

Beautiful Boy!

My boy loved him some black Sharpie markers- I think he hid them. Since I worked many weekends, dad was in charge...that boy knew when dad was in charge and out came that black marker.

My son went through a yellow highlighter phase! I would confiscate them but I swear he had some kind of breeder program going on somewhere in the house because he could ALWAYS come up with another one. And I was not a negligent parent, either. They learn to act fast!

Oh that is so cute.

Hahaha at 2, mine got into chocolate frosting that I was using to decorate her brother's birthday cake, while I was cleaning up the whole tub of live crickets that the cat had let loose in my bedroom. They team up, I think.

I love Paul. He is absolutely adorable and has been for as long as I can remember.

But I feel bad for him and his sister. One of the things that rarely gets questioned around here is the love between married couples. I think that, whatever else their faults are, it's pretty clear that Kelly and Gil, JB and M, Derrick and Jill, Josh and Anna, Erin and Chad, Alyssa and John, etc. etc. really love and care about each other.

But Pris and Pecan? I don't get that feeling at all. He seems to barely tolerate her, and she seems insecure and desperate for his approval. I think that's a tough dynamic to have in the home, and even though they both seem to really love their children, that's not a healthy example to set them.

I mean, yes, I know that we only see snippets of their lives, but if that is their best face, I really question if things are better off camera.

I don't get the feeling that the Kellers were plumbing line parents. Hopefully Paul didn't suffer repurcussions.

My kiddo liked to hoard sweets under her pillow. I had to clean up smushed donuts a couple times and deal with melted chocolate, but that's about it. I consider myself very lucky.

Their son is ridiculously cute. I think Paul, Mackyznie, and Bradley (Bates) are my favorite fundie kids out of sheer cuteness.

It's too bad Paul's parents can rarely get through one Instagram post without violating basic rules of grammar.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived