IGNORED

Which Duggars do you think will court next?

azombieatemyshoelace

I don't think Josiah will court next. That's a lot of attention and Siah does not seem to be able to properly toe the line.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JOE!

Joe has to live in the dorms at Clown College. I'm not sure that students who live there are allowed to court or be engaged. Their dating rules are bad enough. I think Erin Bates was allowed to have her relationship because she lived off-campus.

So, not Joe for at least 3 -4 years.

Not Jana. She's Josie's mother, and if Josie has some medical problems, or delays, you know it's JANA working with Josie, not the woman who "delivered" her.

Josiah is too young yet. Sidenote: Nathan Bates dnropped out of Clown College; one can't take a month of a semester off like he is doing, even for "mission" work.

So, process of elimination leaves JD and Jinger. JD could surprise, but given the fact that he'll be yolked to JB forever because Duggar Avation, LLC, not much would change for him. It would be boring TV.

Marrying off the girls brings pretty dresses and party planning that marrying off Smuggar didn't quite have. Although in Smuggar's defense, his engagement/marriage was VERY early in the run of the series (his proposal was about the 4th episode, ever). They didn't even know if the show would succeed, so why put a lot of money into production?

By process of elimination, I guess that means Jinger is the next one to be sacrificed to the Duggar pyre.

Joe has to live in the dorms at Clown College. I'm not sure that students who live there are allowed to court or be engaged. Their dating rules are bad enough. I think Erin Bates was allowed to have her relationship because she lived off-campus.

So, not Joe for at least 3 -4 years.

Not Jana. She's Josie's mother, and if Josie has some medical problems, or delays, you know it's JANA working with Josie, not the woman who "delivered" her.

Josiah is too young yet. Sidenote: Nathan Bates dnropped out of Clown College; one can't take a month of a semester off like he is doing, even for "mission" work.

So, process of elimination leaves JD and Jinger. JD could surprise, but given the fact that he'll be yolked to JB forever because Duggar Avation, LLC, not much would change for him. It would be boring TV.

Marrying off the girls brings pretty dresses and party planning that marrying off Smuggar didn't quite have. Although in Smuggar's defense, his engagement/marriage was VERY early in the run of the series (his proposal was about the 4th episode, ever). They didn't even know if the show would succeed, so why put a lot of money into production?

By process of elimination, I guess that means Jinger is the next one to be sacrificed to the Duggar pyre.

They're allowed to date at Crown College. There are entire rules on what constitutes as dating, how one behaves while dating, chaperones, etc.

John David must not be too far off, otherwise Jessa and Ben may have moved into his house, as I am sure its nicer than Gma duggars...

I think Joseph will court next with one of the bates children. Lately there have been a lot of pics of him with the Bates.

I think Joseph will court next with one of the bates children. Lately there have been a lot of pics of him with the Bates.

He lives in TN now that he's going to Crown College. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was living with the Bateses. But, if he is, he can't court any of the Bates girls because it's against the rules and he could get kicked out for it.

I second this

You know what would be kinda awesome? If Josie was the next to court, Yes Josie Duggar NOT Josiah or Josie Bates...

Picture all the other Duggars staying at home living off of JB and Jchelle. No bills, no worries, free travel. Heck the Ardnts and Maxwell children are doing it so it even is a social norm in their circle.

Especially the remaining older girls, now that the youngest is five could just split up the cooking, laundry, cleaning chores amongst the lost girls and the howlers and tell JB and Jchelle they were training them for when God brings them the "right man" and they leave home. Jana, Jinger, Joy could kick back and enjoy the next 10 years having to do WAY less than if they marry and start having babies. Yeah they would be stuck supervising but really it wouldn't be worse than having a real job and supervising employees. In 5 years when everyone is over 10 it could even become fun and they would have 16 people to split the workload, that would be what an hour or two a day? Even just the girls would be splitting it 7 ways (if my math is right)...traveling all over the world for 3 hours a day work ain't too shabby. Let's face it they all have already drank the Kool Aid so the fundie part wouldn't bug them.

And yes the older boys would be working for JB but even if they do marry most of them will be working for JB in some way...

He lives in TN now that he's going to Crown College. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was living with the Bateses. But, if he is, he can't court any of the Bates girls because it's against the rules and he could get kicked out for it.

If we hear he has moved into the dorms, I think that will be a huge sign that he's started courting one of the Bates girls.

(especially Jessa who was used to allowing Jill and Jinger take center stage).

-- Ji

I legitimately find it interesting how different people here on FJ each have their own opinion on who were the spotlight favorites before the courtships. Mostly Smuggar, Josiah, Jessa, Jill, but "Jinger and not Jessa" is a first.

I know that Erin Bates Paine said in an interview last month that a courtship between the two families (jeez, that sounds medieval) was "almost inevitable". I feel like that was a low-key way of saying "it's happening".

I know that Erin Bates Paine said in an interview last month that a courtship between the two families (jeez, that sounds medieval) was "almost inevitable". I feel like that was a low-key way of saying "it's happening".

So who gets to film the wedding? TLC? UP? NBC/Today? ABC/GMA? Or will TLC film "their" half of the wedding party while UP films "their" half? Maybe they could show the executives from both channels arm wrestle over the chance to film it- or better yet, mud wrestle. :D

Being that it is all the same production company, Figure 8 Films, who is contracting out their work to a network (think of how Project Runway switched from Bravo to Lifetime when their contract was up with Bravo...even network shows have switched over the years i.e. Diff'rent Strokes (NBC, ABC)) this is how I would imagine it working.

As much network coverage as they can get from ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX since not everyone has cable or the right channels. That is probably okay per their contract with the cable channels.

On TLC and UP would be the multi part specials. The Bride's side would be on one and the Groom's side would be on the other. Which ever Network who got stuck with the groom (unless it's Lawson) would be crying.

TLC takes 6 months to a year to air things so UP could easily steal their thunder lol.... unless the folks at Figure 8 films are also working on Duggar Time or aspire to be the Late Bates!

I think Joseph could be courting a Bates. Yeah, Crown may have rules against that, but I'm sure they'd look the other way for fundie royalty. Erin courted Chad (and got married) before she graduated. And for some reason (that I've got no explanation for), I can totally see him with Tori.

I think Joseph could be courting a Bates. Yeah, Crown may have rules against that, but I'm sure they'd look the other way for fundie royalty. Erin courted Chad (and got married) before she graduated. And for some reason (that I've got no explanation for), I can totally see him with Tori.
I don't think Erin courting and marrying a non-student was against any kind of rule. The only regulation I can find in this regard is this one:

Dorm students may not date an off-campus student or someone who is not a Crown College student without parental and administrative approval. If approval is given, all dating rules apply.

And Erin didn't even live on campus, so that rule wouldn't apply to her anyways.

Whereas, if Joseph were to date one of the Bates girls, there is a strict rule against staying in the same home overnight:

Dating couples may not stay in the same home overnight. This rule is in effect throughout the semester, including any schedules breaks.

But, are we even sure Joseph is staying with the Bates? I get that JB is cheap, but maybe TLC is footing the bill anyway and Joseph could still be staying in the dorms and courting a Bates girl, right? I'm sure that wouldn't stop him from hanging out with the Bateses all the time like we've seen him do.

ETA: btw, Crown College seems to have finally pulled the student handbook. Wonder if they'll actually change any of the rules or just the date at the top. ;) I had to pull these quotes from a screen cap over at Stufffundieslike.

Archived