IGNORED

Lоusewife is so freaking catty

antares

the fuck? What the hell crawled up her twat and died? The chick has skinnier arms than I do and I think it's sweet that her husband is into the baby...

This bitch needs to get the fuck over herself...and if she's agreeing with Kidist she REALLY needs professional help!

Ah, Lousewife...it's been a while since we've had the pleasure.

From this very blog post (bolding of parenthetical phrase mine):

Immodest? She looks like she is wearing underwear or clothes for bed. Very tight clothes on a pregnant woman are immodest because they are similar to nakedness in revealing all the contours of the body. A woman’s naked body should be for her husband alone. Modesty is about protecting intimacy, privacy, and mystery, not simply about sex. (Insane people are the most immodest of all. They have no sense of self, no interior life, no restraint.)

Uh, Laura? Restraint? Did you see what you did there??

Hey, there! (First comment on the site!! Yay, me!)

But... anywho... What the hell is wrong with this woman? I went and read the Reclaiming Beauty post she referenced, and am I to believe that women who workout are not feminine? I just... can't... even...

I swear that I couldn't possibly be one of these women because apparently the boredom and unhappiness in their life leads them to tilt at windmills of perceived flaws... Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ on a cracker!

Yeesh. I look at that and just see a very sweet photograph between two parents-to-be. It's certainly not worth commenting on (aside from 'congratulations'). It's certainly nothing compared to Tanya Ferguson's maternity photos. I don't even think her top is tight, just form-fitting.

Laura said that her biceps must take 'hours and hours' of working out every day to achieve. Now, granted, I am no work out expert, but 'hours and hours' for a little definition? No. Also, again, I'm no expert at science, but Kidist asserts that her 'pumped up' muscles are causing her to have increased testosterone. I was not aware that was how hormones worked.

And she links to Kidist. Two for the price of one with this bullshit. Whoo-hoo!

...Laura said that her biceps must take 'hours and hours' of working out every day to achieve. Now, granted, I am no work out expert, but 'hours and hours' for a little definition? No. Also, again, I'm no expert at science, but Kidist asserts that her 'pumped up' muscles are causing her to have increased testosterone. I was not aware that was how hormones worked.

Yeah. I always heard that the arms took the least amout of time and effort to tone up (not that I would know from experience. My arms may be a little overly womanly... :P ).

Yeesh. I look at that and just see a very sweet photograph between two parents-to-be. It's certainly not worth commenting on (aside from 'congratulations'). I don't even think her top is tight, just form-fitting.

This.

Here Rey takes part in the faddish, narcissistic eroticizing of the womb which first began with celebrities but is now more widespread as photographers capture pregnant women in various navel-gazing poses, a trend that could only take place in a culture that sentimentalizes and trivializes motherhood.

Hm. Last time I checked, the biggest fetishizers of pregnancy were fundies who measure the value of women y how often they get knocked up. And Michelle gets Mother of the Year awards for passing her kids off onto other kids, which devalues motherhood.

someone has a 2x4 stuck up her butt. The picture struck me as a little awarkard with the arms out but that's just me. But it's nothing but sweet. Plus My reaction to "again, I'm no expert at science, but.." :evil-eye: well than shut up and go look it up.

The Fishwife: She'd see a beautiful sunrise and either condemn it for being too showy or curse that other people were permitted such a view without having to pay admission.

Dang! Those comments really went on a bit, didn't they? I'd swear that Perry (first comment) is yanking her chain.

She says, in reply to a number of comments, that she doesn't like the style of pregnancy photo. I think it's cheesy, too, but I'm not beyond some cheesiness, myself (I have a picture of one of the salsettes with wings and sitting in clouds).

What I disliked were the photos that were popular in the mid-90's that pictured a mother in a white lacy nightgown holding her baby! A professional portrait in a nightgown, holding a baby... I thought it was weird. But whatevs.

She and Kidist deserve each other. :cray-cray: Getting a life might be a nice thing for them to do.

Kidist hates her because she's another Ebil Asian woman with a white husband and will find all kinds of reasons to nitpick her.

I suspect that Kidist exists to be the "black best friend" that racists can trot out as proof that they're not really racist. Except that Kidist herself thinks of herself as a Speshul Snowlfake Ethiopian who is not Like those Bad Black People.

I'm confused about what exactly she find so offensive about this photo

Well, yes, exactly. I loved the picture. Very tender and sweet. One eejit criticized the guy for looking too tender, like maybe he would fail Essential Masculinity 101 by not hitting his kid with something everyday, starting at 6 months, or be insufficiently Headship-py or something.

But let's get to the whole issue of arms.

Somehow I'm thinking back to the media storm awhile back on Michelle Obama's fabulously toned arms.

Anyway, reading through the blog post and many of the comments, it struck me that bare skin signals open season in the Modesty industrial complex. It seems that if you are a woman or man following the dictates of Modesty, which de-emphasizes women's physicality, that you would not be commenting in a detailed way on what you find attractive or unattractive about the physical attributes of any woman's body.

Ewww, could it be that she spends time in a GYM? Ewwww, no, it's yoga that gives arm muscles that sinewy look. But what it all boiled down to among critical commenters (women and men) was "I don't find her toned arms sexually attractive".

There were some awesome commenters, too, though. The other interesting aspect of this is that Ms. Faux Cerebral Lousewife's responses to positive commenters became more opinionated and snide, rather than more thoughtful or logical. Which pretty much sums her up: mean/opinionated rather than thoughtful and logical.

The most idiotic aspect of the entire thing was buff arms = vacuous. C'mon, Ms. Faux Cerebral Lousewife, get that brain muscle a-workin'!

Anyway, jerkit, I'm headed in two hours to my first formal strength training session -- at 66 no less. I'm stoked.

Anyway, jerkit, I'm headed in two hours to my first formal strength training session -- at 66 no less. I'm stoked.

YAY! Enjoy it :)

My favorite picture of myself is at the bottom of a push-up and my arms look super jacked. My BFF commented on Instagram "#thosearmstho" and it made my day lol.

Once again, Stinking wants donations. Apparently we should pay her to write her screeds:

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2015/01/support-the-alternative-media-4/

I think Stinking needs to get a job.

But hmm, is this a shout-out to FJ?

There are some people who read this site every day even though they vehemently disagree with it. It’s strange that they never feel obliged to pay for the privilege of having such a reliable enemy. They are welcome to give too. They can think of me as someone who helps sharpen their arguments against “fundamentalists†and “bigots.†They can give with an easy conscience. I am providing an intellectual service to them, that’s all. Much like my plumber, I may be unclogging invisible passageways of built-up gunk. If they don’t give when they can, however, it’s a form of petty theft. I suggest these pickpockets find food for thought elsewhere.

On-topic: I think the photo looks lovely. And shouldn't a father-to-be look tenderly at his wife's pregnant belly? What's he supposed to do? Smirk, stick his tongue out or look at it with disgust?

If they don’t give when they can, however, it’s a form of petty theft. I suggest these pickpockets find food for thought elsewhere.

LOLOL is she serious???

This makes me think that she might actually be some sort of elaborate troll. Sorry, sweetheart, but NOBODY owes you money for reading your blog. The idea is laugh-out-loud ridiculous. It doesn't work that way. If you post a blog and allow access to anyone, they aren't "stealing" if they don't donate to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also find it completely ridiculous to call the picture "sexual." I mean.... really??? How is it sexual? Because the woman isn't wearing a frumper or a tent? :roll:

Bumping to report that Lousewife is only at the 18% mark in her quest to raise 10 grand (yes, you heard that right, she wants $10,000 from her readers):

Unfortunately (or fortunately), if I don’t reach my modest goal by February 7th, this blog will become a subscription e-mail magazine.

Good luck with that!!

:lol:

Bumping to report that Lousewife is only at the 18% mark in her quest to raise 10 grand (yes, you heard that right, she wants $10,000 from her readers):

Good luck with that!!

:lol:

Yep, I wonder how many of Stinking's leg humpers (I think some of them are made up) are going to shell out the big bucks to read something they've gotten for free for the past few years.

I have a blog, and at times I wonder if I should ask for donations. I write book reviews, and I'd probably use the donations to buy books that I can't find in my local library. But I can't imagine making someone pay to read my blog. I just need to look for publications willing to pay me. And if anyone here can think of some just PM me. Thanks.

Yep, I wonder how many of Stinking's leg humpers (I think some of them are made up) are going to shell out the big bucks to read something they've gotten for free for the past few years.

I have a blog, and at times I wonder if I should ask for donations. I write book reviews, and I'd probably use the donations to buy books that I can't find in my local library. But I can't imagine making someone pay to read my blog. I just need to look for publications willing to pay me. And if anyone here can think of some just PM me. Thanks.

Hmm, could you link to an amazon wishlist that only has books you want to review? If I enjoyed a book review blog and saw that the blogger wanted to review, say, "1O84", but the local library didn't have a copy...I'd consider "donating" $10 in the form of a book.

I would NOT, however, just send someone money because they think they deserve it for blogging.

Hmm, could you link to an amazon wishlist that only has books you want to review? If I enjoyed a book review blog and saw that the blogger wanted to review, say, "1O84", but the local library didn't have a copy...I'd consider "donating" $10 in the form of a book.

I would NOT, however, just send someone money because they think they deserve it for blogging.

Good idea. I'm going to write a list of books I'd like to review, and then see if my library system has them. The list will probably be longer than me. If my library doesn't have the book in stock, I just might start a wish list on Amazon. Great idea. Thanks.

But no. I don't think I deserve money to blog. Wordpress is free. And if you decide to get a domain without the Wordpress label then I think you need to pay Wordpress a whopping 18 bucks a year.

Oh, FFS. I avoid the Lousewife, but couldn't resist nipping over there. I expected some over-the-top pic of a hyper-jacked woman in fetwear--but what did she post? A slim, conventionally attractive woman in--God help us all!--a tank top (and not a particularly tight one, either), with her husband, who seems to have the usual amount of testosterone.

Please, Lousewife--go all-subscription--and go broke.

Archived