IGNORED

Chad and Erin's bedroom.....

VelociRapture

Mr. Kitties and I share a double with our 2 cats.1 month of marriage and we hate the lack of bed space. Our plan is to upgrade to a sleep number queen or king when the budget allows. He likes sinking into mush as he sleeps and I prefer a firm bed to support my back. We both are pretty slim but our cats are space mongers.

We also use 2 different blankets on the bed since Mr. Kitties "burrito's" himself into the blanket and pulls all covers off me if we try and share the giant quilt I made for him. The cats like the extra blankets too.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our sleep number bed. Did I say I love it? My hubs is 100+lbs more than me and we could never agree on a mattress. Since we bought the sleep number (5 years ago??) it's been AWESOME!!! so worth the money. Purchase the one with the extra layer on top, I wish we had. When we have extra money again (who am I kidding, we have 3 kids?!) I want to upgrade and put our current one at the cottage.

Did I mention I love our sleep number?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it weird that my husband and I have separate beds? I mean, our sex live is good... but I thrash and he snores. We just sneak into each other's beds when we're wanting to snuggle or canoodle. Life works better this way.

I went from a crib as a baby into a queen size bed. Had to deal with a twin the first 3 years of college until I got a full size bed for my apartment. I slept on that until I got married. We got my old queen bed and then moves up to a king when we moved into our new home a few months later.

When Mr. and I first got married, we slept on a full sized futon...that was hell. We now have a queen...and since we're separated...I have it ALL to myself. The couple of times he has visited, he's had to fight me for space. We may have to go to a king...

I LOVE that Erin got her girlhood dream room and now she’s starting to mature a bit and is moving on. Kudos to Chad for supporting her and doing the manual labor!

My Headship in Sin and I have a California King. we have separate blankets because I am a burrito-er. Mr. LL has a bad back and has to have a body pillow on either side so we need the room. I works for us. I could see having separate beds because we are such different sleepers. to earthier own.

Always had a full. For awhile we shared it with two toddlers. At that time we got handed down a king, and thought it would be better , but even with the kids it wasn't worth it. It took up literally the entire room.

The best bed was a 3/4 size. It came with a house we lived in - mid way between twin and full. Perfect for teenagers are single adults.

Ours is a Golden Retriever. We lost our GSP last year :(

I lost my GSP to cancer suddenly a few months ago. My heart has been shattered. Hugs to you.

I love that dark wodden green tbh. I personally wouldn't like it if it were a lighter shade of green. The darkness has a kind of hidden tree cabin in the middle of the woods feeling. Now Erin, please get some sheets like these for forest fairy dream come true (fyi - I'm contemplating painting MY bedroom a color like that now):

mint-green-bedroom-530x417.jpg

df7b78c0bf297702b29de22e2e36845f.jpg here I just screen shot it

Hope it's ok to post.

I just love that in the photo from instagram, Erin laughs about "the famous pink bedroom" - she knows people were talking about it (and even making threads on her and Chad's bedroom :lol: ) and had the sense to find it funny. Good for her :)

Is it weird that my husband and I have separate beds? I mean, our sex live is good... but I thrash and he snores. We just sneak into each other's beds when we're wanting to snuggle or canoodle. Life works better this way.

I don't think it's weird. I frequently sleep on the living room couch when I don't need an alarm clock in the morning (it's a very comfortable couch). Mr. CatLady initially tried to protest, but eventually decided he likes to sprawl out now and then without getting an elbow in the ribs. Whenever we stay in a hotel room with 2 beds, we each take our own.

I don't think it's weird. I frequently sleep on the living room couch when I don't need an alarm clock in the morning (it's a very comfortable couch). Mr. CatLady initially tried to protest, but eventually decided he likes to sprawl out now and then without getting an elbow in the ribs. Whenever we stay in a hotel room with 2 beds, we each take our own.

I am so glad I am not the only one. I do not feel like a freak now.

My DH is a snorer and I have insomnia and it takes forever for me to fall asleep. (After several days of not sleeping once, I knew I had 1 Ambian and searched for it at two in the morning like a druggie.)

When we go somewhere I take headphones, a fully charged iPod and sleep medication.

Am I the only one who is a little skeeved by this thread title? I mean, I am the last person to defend these people, but this has been bugging me since the thread popped up. It just seems a little creepy to have a whole thread on Erin's bedroom....

Mine too.

My bedroom is a caribean blue. I want to paint my furniture white. When we cleaned out my moms home she had a ton of sterling silver serving pieces, and napkin rings that are engraved with the names of her grandparents family members. I use them as trays to hold nick nacks, and to organize my cosmetics. I have lots of silver toned, and glass candle holders, and a beautiful antique pewter pitcher and basin. It's cool crisp and relaxing at the same time.

Pictures!

Are full and twin size beds the same as double and single beds? Sorry, British here! Double beds are the norm for couples here as far as I know, but our houses are much smaller here. I associate king size beds with hotels! Also king size bedlinen is so expensive. Then again, single beds are the norm for kids and teens here - the double children's beds on pinterest blow my mind! Most children here don't have a big enough bedroom for a double bed. I'm 25 and I sleep in a single bed.

The four standard US sizes are twin, full/double, queen and king (there's also California king, which I think is the same width as a king but longer). More or less they match up to a UK single, double, king and super-king (though the UK sizes seem slightly smaller). Wikipedia's article gives a good run-down of different sizes, but it's a bit awkward because a UK super-king is lower on the list than a US king, but it's actually narrower:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

Mr Alba (Albus?) and I have a UK king, which is the perfect size for the two of us. We slept in a US king on holiday a while back and it was much too big; if I was snuggling with him in the middle of the bed, I couldn't reach my mobile on the bedside table. I've had a similar experience in a hotel here in the UK, with what must have been a super-king. Clearly, I have short arms :P

Am I the only one who is a little skeeved by this thread title? I mean, I am the last person to defend these people, but this has been bugging me since the thread popped up. It just seems a little creepy to have a whole thread on Erin's bedroom....

I started the thread and totally see why it's creepy. I just noticed on Instagram that they changed it and thought it was funny that she was joking about it being the famous pink room.

I started the thread and totally see why it's creepy. I just noticed on Instagram that they changed it and thought it was funny that she was joking about it being the famous pink room.

No worries. It is just that everytime I see the title I feel like a creepy stalker! Fortunately, the content of the thread is mostly about people's sleeping choices!

No worries. It is just that everytime I see the title I feel like a creepy stalker! Fortunately, the content of the thread is mostly about people's sleeping choices!

Well, Erin has redecorated the living room now too (its a shabby chic explosion) so we can change the thread to "Eric redecorates."

PS She must have at least 6 ChadnErin pictures in their living room. I personally feel that is a bit much, even for newlyweds. Especially since Chad takes nice landscape pics and they could frame some of those instead.

Maybe when you grow up in a bazillion person household you get so used to walls covered with family photos that you can imagine any other decorating scheme?

I know a lot of couples that sleep in separate rooms because of snoring issues, and I know a lot of other couples who sleep in separate beds because of comfort issues. I even have a few friends who don't sleep with their SOs cause they can't actually sleep with someone (like being in bed with someone makes it impossible for them to fall asleep since they're such light sleepers).

I think that as long as you love each other and you're comfortable with it, there isn't an issue.

Archived