IGNORED

Chad and Erin's bedroom.....

VelociRapture

It is for the health of our marriage that we have a king :P

It's not just the health of the marriage, the German Shorthair Pointer and the Terrier have to have room too. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have gone with a softer green or maybe a powder blue... But Chad gets credit for wanting to make his wife so happy.

It is for the health of our marriage that we have a king :P

Mine too.

My bedroom is a caribean blue. I want to paint my furniture white. When we cleaned out my moms home she had a ton of sterling silver serving pieces, and napkin rings that are engraved with the names of her grandparents family members. I use them as trays to hold nick nacks, and to organize my cosmetics. I have lots of silver toned, and glass candle holders, and a beautiful antique pewter pitcher and basin. It's cool crisp and relaxing at the same time.

Even with green walls that room looks like something out of the imagination of a 13 year old girl. Alternately that room belongs in a super kitschy bed and breakfast.

Maybe they have chosen new bedding and curtains and are going to buy them as the budget allows. Do any stores still do lay-away? I like the green walls but I tend to prefer dark colors myself.

I will add my delight for Erin that she has such a loving husband. They seem like a great young couple.

I want her to repaint the walls mint green & keep the pink bedding. Then every time I see a picture of her bedroom for a split second my mind will think she's an Alpha Kappa Alpha soror! :lol:

I want her to repaint the walls mint green & keep the pink bedding. Then every time I see a picture of her bedroom for a split second my mind will think she's an Alpha Kappa Alpha soror! :lol:

I would pay very good money to see her join AKA.

It's not just the health of the marriage, the German Shorthair Pointer and the Terrier have to have room too. :D

Ours is a Golden Retriever. We lost our GSP last year :(

I like the new bedroom better,though I agree the walls are a tad too dark. I think Erin has decent taste, and I'm glad Chad seems to go along with it.

That bed looks tiny though. I can't stand anyone touching me while I sleep. I don't know how you guys do it :)

We had a double for years and suffered a dalmatian sleeping in the middle. I'm still not sure how we did it.

I hate that green. But I'm not a fan of dark walls. I like pastels or bright and cheery colors.

The headship and I have shared a Full-size bed for the entirety of our 10 years together. My ex-headship and I shared a twin bed for the first two years of our unholy marriage. We eventually leveled up to a Full as well, though by then, no amount of mattress could keep us together.

I really love the new dark green in the Palace of Paine, though i'm not a fan of the leftover mint green accessories with it. If the pale pink was Erin getting to have the "little girl" room of her childhood dreams, I'm going to hope that this new color represents her growing maturity and comfort as an adult woman.

We have a queen, though I could see us getting a king in the future just for space. Then you can choose to cuddle or not. I like sage green but probably not that dark. Good for them. The Duggars are millionaires and have had the same tan walls and floral couches since the TLC makeover however many years ago that was, 10?

I like the dark green, but I don't know about the pale pink with it. Maybe a coordinating light grey/silver would work?

That looks like a really nice room and a combo of girly decorations in front of a neutral to manly color. Kudos to Chad for putting up with the pink for over a year, even though I loved the room and if it wasn't their master bedroom I'd say good for Erin to have such a room. Though, if it wasn't Chad's first choice he deserves some change as well.

It's nice to see Erin grow and mature in her marriage. It's almost as if she's saying "I've lived out what I couldn't in the sisterly bedroom and enjoyed it, now it's time to move on".

Btw, Erin looks great with those glasses! It's also nice to see that she's capable of forming a paragraph that does not screem "send me to grammar boot camp, asap" after the first sentence! Seems like "college" education did benefit her.

Are full and twin size beds the same as double and single beds? Sorry, British here! Double beds are the norm for couples here as far as I know, but our houses are much smaller here. I associate king size beds with hotels! Also king size bedlinen is so expensive. Then again, single beds are the norm for kids and teens here - the double children's beds on pinterest blow my mind! Most children here don't have a big enough bedroom for a double bed. I'm 25 and I sleep in a single bed.

Are full and twin size beds the same as double and single beds? Sorry, British here! Double beds are the norm for couples here as far as I know, but our houses are much smaller here. I associate king size beds with hotels! Also king size bedlinen is so expensive. Then again, single beds are the norm for kids and teens here - the double children's beds on pinterest blow my mind! Most children here don't have a big enough bedroom for a double bed. I'm 25 and I sleep in a single bed.

Check out this link for American bed sizes.

King beds are the norm for German married couples AFAIK. Couples who just moved together often share a double or king and people in a relationship who are living separately often have a double or Queen as well. I think teenagers often get a double as they get older, however our German bed sizes are fairly different from American ones.

Mr. No and I have shared a double for all of our (almost) 31 years much to the shock of a friend of mine who can't imagine having anything smaller than a king. We are thinking of upgrading to a queen because the bed is pretty old plus now I would prefer to have a bed without a footboard which the double has. My comforters will still fit as they are full/queen size and I will only have to buy new sheets.

ETA: Mr. No had a double growing up, in fact it's the double we share now. I had a twin bed growing up but given the small bedrooms in our house there was no room for anything bigger.

Mr. Kitties and I share a double with our 2 cats.1 month of marriage and we hate the lack of bed space. Our plan is to upgrade to a sleep number queen or king when the budget allows. He likes sinking into mush as he sleeps and I prefer a firm bed to support my back. We both are pretty slim but our cats are space mongers.

We also use 2 different blankets on the bed since Mr. Kitties "burrito's" himself into the blanket and pulls all covers off me if we try and share the giant quilt I made for him. The cats like the extra blankets too.

I'm a big fan of deep colors on the walls. A lot of the so-called homemaking experts we snark on are so boring with all the off-white and beige and pastel-- I love that she was willing to take a risk with a bold color. I don't think a dark color would necessarily clash with the pink, but we'd have to see it in a better light.

I'm a little surprised that they sleep in that bed. It looks like a double. My husband and I nearly killed ourselves sleeping in one of those and we only managed a few months before we bought a bigger one.

My husband and I had a twin the first year or so of our marriage. :D

Queen now, but we are big snugglers, so a full would work, too.

I like bright / pastel colors on walls versus shades of whites or beige, however, in spite of this, I have off white throughout my home. Yeah, I know it's weird but there's a reason. We have smallish rooms plus the front half of the house faces NE with a now very big tree in front. It gets pretty dark between the shade from the tree and the direction, in fact with the tree bare in winter we actually get more light at that time of year. The southwest side gets more light but the rooms on that side are the smallest ones in the house. Several of our neighbors with the same layout have gone with colors, ranging from yellow, peach, cranberry, blue, dark and light shades of green. Even with a color accent wall, it closes in the room. In fact, every single one of those neighbors' homes have reverted to white / off white later on usually when the house sells but then it stays that way. I prefer things light and airy so opted to go with a warm off white color and jazz things up with pictures, accents, pillows, etc. Now that we are considering selling the home, we don't plan to change it.

Back to Erin, I would like to see the room in natural daylight before deciding on the pink versus dark green thing.

My one-bedroom flat was furnished when I moved in, and the previous tenants were a couple so I sleep in a double bed. When I first moved out of my mum's house 12 years ago, I took my bed stuff with me, so I've always had the same black sheets, black pillows, black and white checked duvet. I'm not into interior decoration but if I was, it would probably be in black and white to match.

We had a regular double bed for the first 6 years of our marriage.

Then we had a king for 23 years.My husband complained I was too far away.He 'd say ridiculous stuff..I was like the Grand Canyon..away from him.Lol.

Now,we have a queen.He doesnt complain as much.I usually go to bed early so I am asleep long before he comes to bed.Sometimes I will move to the middle,he has to get me to move.

Chad seems like a nice guy.You can see how much he loves Erin.I hope they will have a baby, someday.

Archived