IGNORED

Another Gothard brother in trouble

Dark Matters

Maybe nothing unusual happened in their childhood. Look at the types of crimes. It sounds more like they were raised entitled and indulged. As adults they found ways to continue this lifestyle.

They each found easy ways to have more power and money. Start your own cult - look at how much power and influence Bill Gothard has over his followers, and he hasn't exactly lived a poor lifestyle. And his brother - those young girls were such easy pickings for him. And the latest crimes, fraud? Go after those who are involved in the movement and are gullible enough to entrust him with their money.

I have far less sympathy for the Gothard criminals than I do for the person raised in a hellish childhood who uses crime as a weapon against the society that failed to help or rescue them, or because they lack the education or mental ability to earn an honest living.

Unfortunately the Gothards of the world seem to just get away with crap their entire life.

The dirty bastard should be thrown behind bars. It makes me sick to my stomach that this Gothard, His Brother Bill and others like him are scamming people out of their hard earn retirement money. Osteen is another one. All of these bastards should be hung in the public square and left there until the crows chew their bones bare.

Ruth Franklin was Biily's wife; Franklin is their thoroughly odious son. Ruth may have been the harsher parent. Once she caught Franklin smoking and she forced him to smoke until he got sick. It may have involved a carton of cigarettes and the trunk of a car, but I'm not sure. Their daughter Anne got married at the age of 18 and, IIRC, Gigi was pretty much in an arranged marriage to some some Swiss evangelical.

The Bakker kids seemed to have faired better. I don't know what Tammy Sue is up to, but their son Jamie is a progressive inner-city minister. He takes after Tammy in his concern for others. Tammy was never one to condemn gays. In fact, she had a talk show with Jim J Bullock who you may know from Too Close For Comfort and The Hollywood Squares.

Ruth kept a wooden shoe-tree in the car to smack him with too. But, he got shipped off to Prep School.....

Archived