IGNORED

Kelly C. Distances Herself from Patriarchy

DomWackTroll

“And I have come to understand that words change meanings over time and we can’t define our terms with them anymore. As such, I am not a proponent of patriarchy because it doesn’t mean what I believe. To use an example, it would be useless for me to say, ‘I support being gay’ if I meant that I support being ‘happy.’ It wouldn’t matter what I meant by the word anymore.â€

She also laughs off the thought of being in a cult and gives us a swipe:

“My detractors like to paint me as someone who is legalistic (at best), and therefore imprisoned by my own beliefs and living a sad and narrow existence. It is their grotesquely distorted descriptions of my proposed life that throws up big red flags about anything else they say. When once you see yourself being falsely maligned and defaced publicly, you aren’t prone to give their other words much credence. Just keep that in mind in this great big Internet gossip cess pool.â€

generationcedar.com/main/2015/01/what-do-you-believe-about-men-womens-roles-in-marriage-family.html

ETA: Poor Kelly couldn't have picked a worse day to defend Doug Wilson (in the comments section). Just a few hours ago, he posted that the most important word in the marriage vows is "obey." Ouch!

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/a-chiastic-catechism-on-biblical-sexuality.html

Re: the following.

The thing that made me realize I don’t subscribe to the word and therefore have to ditch it, is seeing other people (who don’t know me but think they do from reading my blog) describe me. They said things like, “Kelly is brainwashed, fearful and weak. She is in a cult. She can’t help it, she doesn’t know any better. She only does what she is told.â€

Haven't done a search here but has anyone at FJ has ever said that Kelly Crawford doesn't know what she's doing?

Noticed that Carmon Friedrich commented.

Re: the following.

Haven't done a search here but has anyone at FJ has ever said that Kelly Crawford doesn't know what she's doing?

Noticed that Carmon Friedrich commented.

No. In fact, many of us have pointed out that Kelly's "leader" has never seemed to have any real interest in this nonsense, and that she was apparently the driving force behind her family's conversion to patriarchy/dominionism.

Chris Jeub did the same thing. So...

Idle Speculation Bus:

Bria and Mr. Future Doctor are about to drop some tell-all bomb on the world, and she's attempting to lessen the impact. You heard it here first ;)

I remember she removed a bunch of patriarchy blog posts after the fall of Doug Phillips.

I wonder if it has to with future spouses for the rest of here kids. She doesn't want her girls to end up with someone like Doug Phillips. And she doesn't want to scare away future DILs.

Archived