IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

I just want to know how much Kody paid Meri to divorce him so he could legally marry Robyn. I hope Meri got a ton of money out of him for it.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Williams family in the earlier linked buzzfeed article was the first polygamist family featured on TLC, right?

I just want to know how much Kody paid Meri to divorce him so he could legally marry Robyn. I hope Meri got a ton of money out of him for it.

I would bet nothing. Legal marriage does not mean much to these people. More likely they needed a storyline to boost ratings and this was the answer.

The Williams family in the earlier linked buzzfeed article was the first polygamist family featured on TLC, right?

No, they were the third polygamist family featured on TLC.

1) Sister Wives (Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn Brown) premiered in September 2010.

2) My Three Wives, a one-off special (Joe, Vicki, Valerie, and Alina Darger) in December 2012.

3) My Five Wives (Brady, Pauli, Robyn, Rosemary, Nonie and Rhonda Williams) premiered in March 2014.

I would bet nothing. Legal marriage does not mean much to these people. More likely they needed a storyline to boost ratings and this was the answer.

It is entirely possible, but Mari has shown herself to be an expert at getting what she wants and in a family where there is never enough money but she has to have a huge house to herself, I doubt she went quietly. I also think her weight gain points to this story-line being a hugely stressful situation for her. She may still be the "first wife" but Kody has tired of her and given the legal recognition to Robyn. That has to have tongues wagging in their faith community. It is still a major loss of face. I don't buy the adoption excuse for one moment.

It is entirely possible, but Mari has shown herself to be an expert at getting what she wants and in a family where there is never enough money but she has to have a huge house to herself, I doubt she went quietly. I also think her weight gain points to this story-line being a hugely stressful situation for her. She may still be the "first wife" but Kody has tired of her and given the legal recognition to Robyn. That has to have tongues wagging in their faith community. It is still a major loss of face. I don't buy the adoption excuse for one moment.

Good heavens I hope there's a Tell-All one day.

Good heavens I hope there's a Tell-All one day.

I'm SURE there will be. Out of all the families where I think there might be tell-alls, this one I think is the most likely.

I think as soon as the TLC money dries up, one of the wives will leave and do it in order to support their kids. There's already so much obvious tension, I just can't tell who it would be. Janelle? Christine? Even Meri seems to be over it. Heck, I think we might get MULTIPLE tell-alls.

Part of me wants TLC to cancel just because I know the sooner it is cancelled, the sooner we get the real story.

I hope Janelle packs up the car and never looks back. She's the only normal person in the group. I like her calm and cool demeanor.

I hope Janelle packs up the car and never looks back. She's the only normal person in the group. I like her calm and cool demeanor.

I'd be willing to bet she and Christine go together; Janelle would easily be the breadwinner while Christine took care of the kids and house. It seems like that's the structure of the relationship they had earlier in the relationship as well, and that they actually genuinely care about each other.

I'd be willing to bet she and Christine go together; Janelle would easily be the breadwinner while Christine took care of the kids and house. It seems like that's the structure of the relationship they had earlier in the relationship as well, and that they actually genuinely care about each other.

When I watched the very first SW episode ages ago, that's the feeling I got and still get with Janelle and Christine. Janelle was very open about how much she enjoys working outside the home and knowing that her children are very well taken care of. She implied that this was a bid privilege that she valued quite a lot.

I might be guilty of judging her myself but recently, I've been getting very angry every time somebody claimed Christine was a lazy ass because she didn't really work. She's definitely not lazy. Insecure and a bit dorky at times, yes. Lazy, big NO. She raised her own bunch of children plus Janelles (and took care of Mariah as well, so I take it) and homeschooled, fed, bathed, coached... them for years until they decided to send their kids to schools and jump the TLC train.

When I watched the very first SW episode ages ago, that's the feeling I got and still get with Janelle and Christine. Janelle was very open about how much she enjoys working outside the home and knowing that her children are very well taken care of. She implied that this was a bid privilege that she valued quite a lot.

I might be guilty of judging her myself but recently, I've been getting very angry every time somebody claimed Christine was a lazy ass because she didn't really work. She's definitely not lazy. Insecure and a bit dorky at times, yes. Lazy, big NO. She raised her own bunch of children plus Janelles (and took care of Mariah as well, so I take it) and homeschooled, fed, bathed, coached... them for years until they decided to send their kids to schools and jump the TLC train.

Couldn't agree more.

Totally with you on that. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't like any of the other wives and their children except for maybe Robyn since she's very busy buttering Meri up in order to climb up on the likeability scale.

They all are SO, SO unhappy and the kids are mostly like "Polygamy suuuucks :shifty-kitty: ". If they were honest to each other they'd have to confess that their system failed and that they are failing their kids if they continue like that.

Best would probably be Kody would divorce his first three wives and grant them new partners who really appreciate them and live his life with Robyn, the only wife he actually seems to be attracted to.

I'm not one to pretent I know who's into whom or who doesn't like whom but I always felt it was so obvious with Kody because he can be so upfront about his feelings and be so blunt and hurtful, my gut reaction is to slap his face.

He and Meri are so full of themselves, it really hurts and they're equally bitchy and want to be the center of attention. He obviously isn't all that much into Janelle and I seem to remember he gave her a hard time about her weight, which is just a shit ass thing to do. He couldn't be more disrespectful towards Christine who seems to be very tender-hearted and easily upset. He's being a douche but treats her like a recalcitrant kid when she's hurt because she knows she's the least preferred wife and she'll always feel like the last member of the chain. Like I said, they're all unhappy.

What an idiot he is and what twisted belief he must have if he thinks this is what pleases his God.

But, why can't they find their own damn partners, if they even want another relationship?

But, why can't they find their own damn partners, if they even want another relationship?

Even if they wanted to, I hardly think this is a faith where that would be considered acceptable. I should think available men in that culture would look upon that with skepticism.

Even if they wanted to, I hardly think this is a faith where that would be considered acceptable. I should think available men in that culture would look upon that with skepticism.

Yet Robyn somehow left her ex and is now the legal wife of that idiot. There seems to be a lot of room for interpretation about what is and is not acceptable in FLDS culture, since so much of it is tied to various regional leaders.

They are lower case fundamentalist Mormons not FLDS. They are AUB.

And yes, the Browns especially seem to make up their own rules as they go along.

They are lower case fundamentalist Mormons not FLDS. They are AUB.

And yes, the Browns especially seem to make up their own rules as they go along.

Ah, beg pardon. I have read every book on Mormon polygamy that I've been able to get a hold of, and I still get confused. But I think it has to do with the fact that they (Mormons as a group) are still looking for the "one mighty and strong," and it seems like a lot of their patriarchs identify as that "one." I've even read of some polygamist Mormon group (maybe related to the AUB? maybe not) where they made and drank wine, due to their particular leader's interpretation of various texts.

Do the Browns go to a temple? They were all married in one...that would mean that they tithe, right? But if Kody is a priesthood holder, then maybe he feels authorized to reinterpret the religion (as many others have/do) as he sees fit. So many questions...

Ah, beg pardon. I have read every book on Mormon polygamy that I've been able to get a hold of, and I still get confused. But I think it has to do with the fact that they (Mormons as a group) are still looking for the "one mighty and strong," and it seems like a lot of their patriarchs identify as that "one." I've even read of some polygamist Mormon group (maybe related to the AUB? maybe not) where they made and drank wine, due to their particular leader's interpretation of various texts.

Do the Browns go to a temple? They were all married in one...that would mean that they tithe, right? But if Kody is a priesthood holder, then maybe he feels authorized to reinterpret the religion (as many others have/do) as he sees fit. So many questions...

Since there isn't an AUB community in Las Vegas, they've been holding religious services at one of the homes (Meri's I think). The AUB temple is in Ozumba, Mexico and there is an chapel in Bluffdale, UT. The AUB has communities in Rocky Ridge, Utah; Harvest Haven (in Eagle Mountain, Utah); Cedar City, Utah; Granite Ranch, Juab County, Utah; Pinesdale, Montana; Lovell, Wyoming; Mesa, Arizona; Humansville, Missouri; and Ozumba, Mexico.

The AUB is not happy with the Browns. They are bringing a lot of negativity to the Church. The Church was against the show from the start.

The AUB is not happy with the Browns. They are bringing a lot of negativity to the Church. The Church was against the show from the start.

I hadn't heard this before (about the AUB being against the show from the start), but it makes sense.

I hadn't heard this before (about the AUB being against the show from the start), but it makes sense.

I read this somewhere when the show first started, but they did manage some kind of temple sealing for the marriage with Robyn. I wonder what their standing in the Church is like now. They are such a media trainwreck. Polygamy has got to be one of the hardest ways to try to live life. It's no wonder that they didn't want any of the lifestyle publicized.

I read this somewhere when the show first started, but they did manage some kind of temple sealing for the marriage with Robyn. I wonder what their standing in the Church is like now. They are such a media trainwreck. Polygamy has got to be one of the hardest ways to try to live life. It's no wonder that they didn't want any of the lifestyle publicized.

I remember when the show was in its third season, I was on one of the message boards and there was someone posting who was from their old church in Utah. She basically said that the church wasn't very happy with the Browns and iirc, the church hadn't wanted Kody to marry Robyn because they didn't think he was in the financial position to do so but Kody talked his way into it. The person also said that the Browns had pulled away from the church. There was some talk among the members because women in their church aren't supposed to cut their hair short and they knew once Meri cut her hair that they were pulling away, and that if/when the wives started wearing earrings they'd know the Browns were totally gone. Guess earrings are a major no no in their sect. Also somewhat interesting was they said Christine had always been a really fun person that everyone liked and they were sad that she looked so depressed since moving, but that they bet she gave Robyn a real bad time when she married Kody.

I will have to look for any pictures of the wives wearing real earrings now. I wonder if they sell any on the stupid closet shop.

I have seen several stories on my yahoo home page, playing up Meri's recent mysterious tweets. Of course the stories are leaning towards her leaving. I highly doubt she is leaving the family. Is a new season about to start? I know TLC rarely if ever has the Duggar and Sister wives air at the same time. Maybe she is drawing attention to her twitter so people will watch the next season?

I thought the tweets were more about the anniversary of her sister's death and dealing with Mariah being gone then her crying over Kody.

I have seen several stories on my yahoo home page, playing up Meri's recent mysterious tweets. Of course the stories are leaning towards her leaving. I highly doubt she is leaving the family. Is a new season about to start? I know TLC rarely if ever has the Duggar and Sister wives air at the same time. Maybe she is drawing attention to her twitter so people will watch the next season?

I thought the tweets were more about the anniversary of her sister's death and dealing with Mariah being gone then her crying over Kody.

tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/sister-wives-tv-schedule/

Sister Wives is not currently on the schedule.

Does that mean they got cancelled? Or just that TLC hasn't got round to promoting the new season yet? (can't see the US TLC website properly in the UK)

Archived