IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

IIRC, Sobbin' has family in Vegas, and Kodouche had been there and liked it. My guess is that the move was cooked up by wife #4 and Kodouche from the getgo.

Also add to it that there are more opportunities to be a flim flam man and opportunities in general as it is much bigger than Lehi, without it being expensive (Vegas is an expensive place to live) Plus, he can add it as an element to the drama-- there strong conservative values in contrast to the loose morals of Vegas.

I know he talks about moving somewhere in the Pac Northwest (Washington?) which wife did he take "house hunting" up there much to the other wives annoyance.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't it the guy from My Five Wives who went house hunting in WA?

hahaha yeah your're right. I get my polygamists confused sometimes. THANKS!

It was Kody's lifelong dream to live in Vegas. Robyn was just the best puzzle piece with family in Vegas. Kody has said that he always dreamed of living in a house with a view of the lights of Vegas and that is what he got. I know it has been a million dollar question, why spend $2 million on four houses when there were some many cheaper solutions. It was because Kody wanted that view of the lights. There are only so many lots with views and most are in HOA's or have building restrictions. So which of the four wives got the house with the best view? Robyn. In fact if you watch her house tour she talks about how the city light view is almost too bright at night for her family.

While I am sure giving up the official wife title was hard for Meri , it is not uncommon. Divorce, remarriage, shifting money, it is all so common in polygamy for welfare and bankruptcy filings. I don't care if Kody has 4 wives or wears his stupid ponytail. What bothers me is he thinks he is the head of the fight for polygamists to have rights. He makes the world think his family is being hunted down(100% not true), yet he still has not given up the games of welfare, divorce/marriage, bankruptcy, special tax filing etc. The day I see Kody say he is going to claim every kid and they are all truly one household and family in every sense of the word, and each wife is no longer going to claim single mother status for taxes, welfare or anything, then I will believe he really wants some rights.

The Principle tumblr has a post about Robyn's ex husband up:

politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/post/113016600913/sister-wives-david-preston-jessop

The family tree:

David Preston Jessop is

1. the exhusband of Robyn Sullivan Brown & father of their three children David “Dayton†Preston Jessop jr, Aurora Jessop and Breanna Jessop,

2. simultaneously 1st cousin & 2nd cousin of Christine Brown [1st cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; 2nd cousin through Christine’s stepgrandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop]

3. 1st cousin [& some other stuff simultaneously] of Meri Brown’s other mothers Shirley & Judy,

4. 3rd cousin of Kody Brown,

5. 2nd cousin of Mindy Jessop

6. 1st or 2nd cousin of all 5 wives of Brady Williams as well as of Brady Williams’ brother-in-law and Brady Williams’ son-in-law

7. 2nd cousin of Vicki & Valerie Darger (plus their stepcousin is married to his full brother).

His mother:

Basically, Mary Diane lost her mind when her husband/stepuncle took a second wife and then started neglecting her sons.

As if a spell had been cast, Mary lost her ambition, wore her clothes to shreds, suppressed any desire to go out to work. She defended the homefront as if it was her last reserve, yet there never was enough of anything. Her little boys were too thin, too hungry. Mary and her children took to creeping down the dirt road at midnight, crossing the highway and raiding the garbage bins behind Safeway. […]

Mary began to rise at the crack of dawn to scour her sparsely stocked refrigerators [until her hands bled]. […]

[Mary’s little sons began to go dumpster-diving alone. One day] Driven by hunger [the boys went across the highway alone yet again.] The car struck both little boys. Fractured skulls, broken bones, ruptured spleens.

Mary feared when she heard the screech of tires on the highway that her boys had been hurt. Still she waited until a neighbor called. […]

She had always been discouraged to make her own decisions. […] But her boys were bleeding, unconscious. […] The paramedics moved them to stretchers, preparing them for transport to the nearest emergency room. […] All her life she had been coached [aka brainwashed] to only listen to the patriarchs of the group [the AUB]. She asked the attendants to wait until her father would arrive. “He’s a doctor, he’ll know what to do.â€

The paramedics told her that if they were to wait for anyone, Rulon Allred or not (who BTW didn’t have a medical degree), her sons would die. The paramedics luckily enough ignored Mary’s request and brought the boys who were on the brink of death to the hospital. Mary didn’t want to go to hospital since she was afraid that the polygamy would be revealed. When he arrived, Mary’s husband (Louis LaMar Jessop) chided her and reminded her that polygamy was still illegal.

The Jessops there:

After John Whitman Ray left (who had even put watch posts in place, but I’ll post about that soon anyways), Pinesdale was taken over by the Jessops: brothers Morris Y. Jessop, Marvin Jessop, Shem Jessop and Dee Jessop. Plus of course their brother Louis LaMar Jessop.

Victoria Reynolds in her autobiography “The Polygamist’s daughter†writes the following about the Jessops in Pinesdale and how she felt about the younger Jessops (by her reasoning Robyn was extremely ‘lucky’ to be with David):

The Jessops and the Weidows were granted absolute authority over members of The Ranch [Pinesdale] […] They were of chosen seed and I was fodder, they were royalty and I was a mere pauper. It seemed as though all Jessops were born with their worthiness and exaltation already secured as the pure blood of chosen seed. Our brand of religion had been in their family for generations, their ancestors handpicked by God to lead the way for others to follow. As a commoner I did not exist in their eyes. They only associated with, and married , others from chosen bloodlines or whose fathers had been called to prominent positions in our society. This was part of the precept they referred to as the “pure seed doctrine.â€

The town:

Pinesdale is actually the much more conservative, more fundamentalist version of the AUB (Bluffdale is a different version of AUB, really).

Part of this may be the lingering influence of John Whitman Ray… and the fact that everyone who had something to hide (like George Maycock’s abuse of his daughters) went there.

I WONDER if Robyn and her husband had problems because he got her pregnant and they were forced into marriage? As a Jessop his family probably had other plans for him.

Another article about Pinesdale:

montanakaimin.com/features/article_63931470-4478-5240-9eb7-07faf7cc55f4.html

Holy crap that is one tangled family tree. I guess when you have to marry people in your small religion and you are encouraged to marry more than one person, things get tangled fast.

politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/post/113016600913/sister-wives-david-preston-jessop

The family tree:

His mother:

The Jessops there:

The town:

I WONDER if Robyn and her husband had problems because he got her pregnant and they were forced into marriage? As a Jessop his family probably had other plans for him.

I read this yesterday, and found myself wondering what exactly the truth is with this entire situation. Like the author of the Principle tumblr, I don't really feel comfortable totally dismissing Robyn's claims of abuse, especially given how abuse seems to be hardwired into polygamy, but at the same time, none of the adults in Sister Wives have shown themselves to be particularly trustworthy and the whole "divorce Meri and legally marry Robyn so Kody can adopt the kids" plan doesn't hold water given that David Jessop still has parental rights. Who knows if we'll ever know the real story behind the "family restructuring" plan.

Are we sure Kody is related to any of his wives by blood? Give the tangled trees we've seen so far, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were.

Are we sure Kody is related to any of his wives by blood? Give the tangled trees we've seen so far, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were.

If he were originally from the fundamentalist group, I'd believe it, but he was actually born and raised in the mainstream Mormon world, which makes it far less likely, imo.

Interesting how all these people are inter-related yet none of them related to Kody. Kody sure did throw himself into that subculture.

Well, that chart has Cody as third cousin to Robyn's ex. So that would be a mutual great- great grandparent. Right? Which is probably a much more common degree of relation than most people are going to be aware of in daily life.

I read this yesterday, and found myself wondering what exactly the truth is with this entire situation. Like the author of the Principle tumblr, I don't really feel comfortable totally dismissing Robyn's claims of abuse, especially given how abuse seems to be hardwired into polygamy, but at the same time, none of the adults in Sister Wives have shown themselves to be particularly trustworthy and the whole "divorce Meri and legally marry Robyn so Kody can adopt the kids" plan doesn't hold water given that David Jessop still has parental rights. Who knows if we'll ever know the real story behind the "family restructuring" plan.

I don't like dismissing her abuse story either. I'm ok with the idea of her exagerating the story though.

If he were originally from the fundamentalist group, I'd believe it, but he was actually born and raised in the mainstream Mormon world, which makes it far less likely, imo.

Well, Mitt Romney was raised in the mainstream church, but his father and grandfather were born on a polygamist compound in Mexico. Unless Kody's parents were first generation converts, he's likely related to at least one of those wives somehow...

The Principle tumblr had a Brown family tree. They're all pretty interrelated.

politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/post/111901504183/husband-surfer-dudebro-kody-brown-1968

My parents are related, though very very very distantly. Something like my mom is related to great great aunt A and dad is related to great great uncle E. I'm not even sure they're blood related.

My point being that it could happen to anyone, but the relationship could be so distant you might not even notice till after you're engaged.

My parents are related, though very very very distantly. Something like my mom is related to great great aunt A and dad is related to great great uncle E. I'm not even sure they're blood related.

My point being that it could happen to anyone, but the relationship could be so distant you might not even notice till after you're engaged.

I think the difference with the Sister Wives bunch is that Mormon polygamous societies are fairly closed societies, so the possibility of marrying a relative is much higher. Although Kody belonged to the mainstream LDS church before joining the AUB, he seems to be of "pioneer heritage" (e.g., descendents of the first Utah Mormon) and therefore has polygamists in his family tree. As the family tree on the Principle tumblr indicates, he has common ancestry with most, possibly even all of his wives, because of this. When you factor into being related via marriage it gets even more complicated, since Janelle's mother was married to Kody's father as his second polygamous wife. Although the AUB doesn't seem to be as bad as the FLDS and the Kingston clan, where incest is justified because the "blood" of members is supposedly purer than that of outsiders, the possibility of getting involved with someone who is related to you in some way is much higher, especially if you claim Mormon heritage going back many generations.

• 1 month later...

For your entertainment:

This is really Robyn Brown from Sisterwives. I have decided to do this like page to connect with fans. I know I have a terrible reputation and I know that a lot of people think I am manipulative, selfish and just a big cry baby! I am hoping through interaction with me you will find that to be incorrect. I appreciate all the support from people of our show and of our family through the years. It means a lot. I will do my best to get on here regularly and connect with people.

facebook.com/RobynBrown4?fref=nf

For your entertainment:

facebook.com/RobynBrown4?fref=nf

If you care so much that everyone in the entire world like you....Reality TV is not the career for you.

Putting your life out there for public consumption means you trade privacy for money and open yourself up to a lot of public criticism. If public criticism isn't something you can handle...don't put your life on TV.

Robyn is the wife I have the LEAST amount of sympathy for as she was on TV since before her marriage. It's not like she got roped into a family decision.

If you care so much that everyone in the entire world like you....Reality TV is not the career for you.

Putting your life out there for public consumption means you trade privacy for money and open yourself up to a lot of public criticism. If public criticism isn't something you can handle...don't put your life on TV.

Robyn is the wife I have the LEAST amount of sympathy for as she was on TV since before her marriage. It's not like she got roped into a family decision.

Being on TV means you deserve less respect? I don't even . . .

She said least amount of sympathy, but I can say, I don't hold reality TV people with a whole whole lotta respect. There may be some here and there, but they are on reality TV because of some kind of freak show aspect coupled with willingness to open their family life to public criticism and scrutiny, which all too often includes minor children who have no voice in that decision.

I never said anything about respect.

Robyn has made a CHOICE as an ADULT to do something. I respect that. But, like all adult choices, her choice has consequences. All of our choices have consequences, and as ADULTS we need to think those through before we do something.

The NATURAL CONSEQUENCES of selling your life on national TV are a loss of privacy and that some people will not like you or how you are portrayed on the show. This is not rocket science. Those are OBVIOUS CONSEQUENCES of that action. If you can't handle that, YOU SHOULDN'T PUT YOUR LIFE ON TV. Or, if you find that this is hard for you to handle, you should STOP putting your life on TV.

This is like someone who shops all the time, spends all their money, and then expects you to feel bad for them when they can't pay their bills. The first couple times, you might feel bad because maybe they just messed up, but when they keep doing it, you stop feeling bad for them. They continue to make a choice that makes them unhappy when they KNOW what the outcome of that choice is. That's on them.

Robyn continues to put her life on TV (for profit, mind you). She is an adult. She can stop whenever she wants. Until she STOPS making the choice that makes her unhappy, I'm not going to feel bad for her because she has to deal with the consequences of her actions just like everyone else.

Robyn complaining about people not liking her or her privacy is like a Doctor complaining about having to see blood. No. it's not for everyone, but that is the nature of your JOB and you knew that going in. If you don't like it, get a different job.

The family tree:

His mother:

The Jessops there:

The town:

Damn! I thought my family tree was all fucked up.....

Archived