IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

I still want to dig up the clip where she seems to say that she has to give up child support if Kody adopts. Looking for reruns....

I thought she said she wasn't getting child support....but who knows the truth???

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought she said she wasn't getting child support....but who knows the truth???

It could be both. He could have paid for a while and then stopped.

If Kody adopts Jessop's kids, Jessop normally would no longer be on the hook for CS. His relationship with is children is terminated as if it never existed. Birth certificates are re-issued with Kody as the father.

What? Her mysterious ex relationship is actually a running gag on the show.

Try not to speculate too blindly hun [emoji57]

Re: other claims Robyn is not private. Uh are you joking? We know nothing about their intimate lives, and Robyn is very tight-lipped on the matter. But go ahead, assume she is a liar, nobody needs to take you seriously.

Okay, kid, if you had reading comprehension skills, you would note that a good portion of this thread is made up of people who don't trust Robyn's version of the events. People tend not to take people seriously on here when they, among other things, are inconsistent in their views, don't back up what they say and don't defend their POVs. You've pretty much done every one of those things on this thread. So have fun not being taken seriously, kid.

David and Robyn's issue has not been a "running gag". An example of a running gag is OKTBTK's chicken avatars and the reaction said avatars engender. Robyn's sobbing over the child support is not a running gag. Robyn claims of abuse are not a running gag. A running gag is a comic literary device. It can be used on TV, but if Robyn's issues are a running gag for comedic effect, then something is seriously off.

Oh man. I love Twitter meltdowns. This is almost as good as the Great Applebee's Meltdown of '13!

OMG :pink-shock: she’s bats hit crazy. :cracking-up:

I fast forwarded through the episode on demand and didn't see anything. In fact, I didn't even see the scene I thought I saw. It was during the Janelle/Christine blindside and the camera pans over to Robyn. She talking to the other about what a big decision this was and how they'd be giving up child support. I must have imagined it or misheard.... :?

Robyn is a private person and has told the family personal details about the marriage that we may very well never learn. And that's OK. I don't need evidence if a woman claims things weren't right--she can't legally deny the ex-husband his rights to see his children (IF he is fighting for them) until she brings him to court and wins. Either he isn't fighting for them or she already won a private court case.

Don't worry about the ex, OK?

Robyn is a private person? HAHAHAHAH, yeah right. This woman has aired all of her dirty laundry for the entire world to see on a reality show, we've seen her give birth on television, we have heard about her bad credit in 3 different last names, we've seen her kiss her married boyfriend while his wife is in labor, actions speak louder than words. And no one would be worried about the ex if Robyn had never mentioned him on t.v. None of this ever needed to be made public, Robyn could have just said it was an unhappy marriage, she's moved on, and that she cannot speak about it for legal reasons. No one would really have questioned it. Note, Janelle was married to Meri's brother, major snarking material in itself and it is hardly ever brought up because Janelle admitted it was true and made no further comments on the topic. No one really dwells on it. Robyn should take a cue from her sister wife. Moving on.

Robyn's Twitter meltdown was epic. My favorite part of all was when she was called out for going on vacation to Hawaii with Kody back in October and she replied that obviously everything isn't fair, she and her kids never got to go to Mexico with Kody. She really is clueless. She should have gifted that trip to Meri for everything she's done. Instead, the other wives got to stay home alone while Kody vacationed with his favorite wife. Sickening. She then lied that her kids don't get to watch the show or know who she was referring to in her "purity speech". We all saw her kids in the room during her speech and have seen numerous tweets of the family watching the show together. She ran up over 1,000 in debt to Victoria's Secret because they're the only place she could be long shirts and pants at. Ever hear of Walmart, Sears, or Old Navy? They all sell long pants for cheap. She also has some beach front property in Las Vegas to sell to us.

I really think the other wives are background scenery, it's all about Kody and Robyn.

It could be both. He could have paid for a while and then stopped.

I took it as he has been ordered to pay child support, hasn't been paying it, and if Kody adopts it would no longer be an issue.

Robyn is a private person? HAHAHAHAH, yeah right. This woman has aired all of her dirty laundry for the entire world to see on a reality show, we've seen her give birth on television, we have heard about her bad credit in 3 different last names, we've seen her kiss her married boyfriend while his wife is in labor, actions speak louder than words. And no one would be worried about the ex if Robyn had never mentioned him on t.v. None of this ever needed to be made public, Robyn could have just said it was an unhappy marriage, she's moved on, and that she cannot speak about it for legal reasons. No one would really have questioned it. Note, Janelle was married to Meri's brother, major snarking material in itself and it is hardly ever brought up because Janelle admitted it was true and made no further comments on the topic. No one really dwells on it. Robyn should take a cue from her sister wife. Moving on.

Robyn's Twitter meltdown was epic. My favorite part of all was when she was called out for going on vacation to Hawaii with Kody back in October and she replied that obviously everything isn't fair, she and her kids never got to go to Mexico with Kody. She really is clueless. She should have gifted that trip to Meri for everything she's done. Instead, the other wives got to stay home alone while Kody vacationed with his favorite wife. Sickening. She then lied that her kids don't get to watch the show or know who she was referring to in her "purity speech". We all saw her kids in the room during her speech and have seen numerous tweets of the family watching the show together. She ran up over 1,000 in debt to Victoria's Secret because they're the only place she could be long shirts and pants at. Ever hear of Walmart, Sears, or Old Navy? They all sell long pants for cheap. She also has some beach front property in Las Vegas to sell to us.

I really think the other wives are background scenery, it's all about Kody and Robyn.

I totally agree it is all about Kody and Robyn. That doesn't contradict my other opinion that she isn't evil enough to lie about an abusive ex if he wasn't abusive. Actually, there have been a few episodes where she got close to explaining some details, like when they visited the old trailer she lived in before. She seemed genuinely emotional, not just as someone who has recently went through divorce, but like it was a nasty divorce. I never said Robyn was my favorite person, but you and a few others in this thread are getting angry that I am not blindly insulting Robyn by defending her about her ex-marriage. Maybe I am too trusting, but your bitterness and pessimism doesn't magically invalidate me pointing out that I'm only getting my information from actual quotes from the show.

Back tk Robyn: Robyn seems to try to out-fundie the other mothers, like crossing her arms disapprovingly while the other wives tried Irish beers, or being the loudest about modesty standards for their commitment ceremony dresses. And with Kody marrying her legally it says a lot. Even though Janelle and Christine are acting cool about it, they must be fighting back a feeling of betrayal. It seems only natural. I hope if they are feeling shitty about it that they eventually share their feelings.

Doesn't TLC do any background checks on the people who appear on their shows? Surely they would have the ability to have investigated Robyn and her ex to find the truth of the matter. Perhaps they did check and found Robyn to be truthful. If not, TLC opens itself up to all manner of issues with everybody who appears on their air. I recently got a part-time job working for a company whose workers helped senior citizens at home and they did a thorough background check on me. If TLC doesn't do the checks, I would expect each production company to do them and present their findings to TLC. Or maybe TLC just doesn't care and that is just sad.

No one in this thread seems angry to me.

I'm not sure what kind of background checks TLC would need because how are they culpable in any way if Jessop was an abuser? The Browns themselves are sketchy yet an entire show was given to them.

I agree that Robyn is seriously misled if she thinks her kids haven't seen the show. Even if she got lucky and they haven't yet, they probably will when they're older. And regardless, all of the other kids getting to watch it means something probably trickles down to them.

Plus...interesting that she wouldn't want them to see their own family, of which they are a part. They're in probably half of the scenes. With the exception of parents fighting, they've probably already seen it. And if you don't want your kids to see you fighting, then maybe don't go on a TV show and keep it behind closed doors?

I totally agree it is all about Kody and Robyn. That doesn't contradict my other opinion that she isn't evil enough to lie about an abusive ex if he wasn't abusive. Actually, there have been a few episodes where she got close to explaining some details, like when they visited the old trailer she lived in before. She seemed genuinely emotional, not just as someone who has recently went through divorce, but like it was a nasty divorce. I never said Robyn was my favorite person, but you and a few others in this thread are getting angry that I am not blindly insulting Robyn by defending her about her ex-marriage. Maybe I am too trusting, but your bitterness and pessimism doesn't magically invalidate me pointing out that I'm only getting my information from actual quotes from the show.

Back tk Robyn: Robyn seems to try to out-fundie the other mothers, like crossing her arms disapprovingly while the other wives tried Irish beers, or being the loudest about modesty standards for their commitment ceremony dresses. And with Kody marrying her legally it says a lot. Even though Janelle and Christine are acting cool about it, they must be fighting back a feeling of betrayal. It seems only natural. I hope if they are feeling shitty about it that they eventually share their feelings.

I think part of the reason Robyn is more conservative than the others might be because she had sex and became pregnant with Dayton before she was married. It may be her trying to atone for her past or it could also be that she is afraid to bend the rules because of what happened when she did.

Careening around on the ISB here: After the show folds, Kodouche and Sobbin' will take off together, without the other three.

I think that Meri got a divorce because she wanted one. Christine and Janelle are faking it. Meri, Christina, and Janelle are going through the motions to keep the show going...and because they latter two still have children at home, in the cuddle-sac houses.

The older children split because they've known what was going on for some time.

:twocents-02cents:

I'm pretty convinced it's some kind of mutual agreement between Janelle and Kody. Janelle is the only one who seems to have a clue and a life in the outside world... I think Kody realizes he needs her around to keep finances running. And Janelle knows that. She seems to get out of most of the "family activities" anyway.

Christine... I think she really does want to be a sister wife. She's from that bubble... she's comfortable in that bubble. I'm just sad for her.

Why wouldn’t the kids watch the show? Its family friendly entertainment, wholesome TLC programming. ;) All snark aside, up until now there hasn’t really been a reason to not let them. Robins “we don’t let the kids watch the show so they are not being hurt.†is in my opinion, bull. can someone point me to where they lied about the midnight vegas move? This is the first time I’m hearing about it. I don’t doubt it, but damn I remember how upset the kids were. I would never forgive my parents for making that up for TV if I were them. :penguin-no:

Why wouldn’t the kids watch the show? Its family friendly entertainment, wholesome TLC programming. ;) All snark aside, up until now there hasn’t really been a reason to not let them. Robins “we don’t let the kids watch the show so they are not being hurt.†is in my opinion, bull. can someone point me to where they lied about the midnight vegas move? This is the first time I’m hearing about it. I don’t doubt it, but damn I remember how upset the kids were. I would never forgive my parents for making that up for TV if I were them. :penguin-no:

Are you talking about lying that they moved in the night or that they HAD to? The episode where they moved from UT I don't think was the same episode that they told the kids in. The move episode depicted Kody repeatedly saying that the cops were out there circling around and that he was worried that he would be arrested. They even showed a squad car doing who knows what. He eventually flips and says they all have to leave NOW NOW NOW (instead of waiting until next day or something) because he was convinced that fuzz was gonna show up any moment to take him away. It was WAY OVER THE TOP dramatic-- like the were escaping from anti plyg mountain. I think people keep mentioning because it was so ridiculous. Not to mention irresponsible to put that kind of memory into your kids heads.

And we know at least Dayton watches the show because he is in the pictures of the "live tweeting."

I'm pretty convinced it's some kind of mutual agreement between Janelle and Kody. Janelle is the only one who seems to have a clue and a life in the outside world... I think Kody realizes he needs her around to keep finances running. And Janelle knows that. She seems to get out of most of the "family activities" anyway.

Christine... I think she really does want to be a sister wife. She's from that bubble... she's comfortable in that bubble. I'm just sad for her.

Kody and Janelle have a very, very weird relationship. I do wonder what exactly it's like behind closed doors. I think Kody needs Janelle a lot more than she needs Kody...I agree with those that say they wouldn't be surprised if Janelle (or Christine, or maybe even Meri) took off after the show ended. Janelle seems to be on a sort of "finding herself" mission these days, hasn't she? She's lost a lot of weight, is going to therapy...how long until it hits her that she could actually have a partner who genuinely loves her and is attracted to her? And who doesn't treat her like a walking paycheck with a womb?

Janelle is about to only have two kids under the age of 18. As much as she probably loves the other moms' kids, I can't say I'd be shocked if she walked out. For as much as they talk about being "one united family," it's very clear that they are NOT one united family. They are four separate families who hang out together with 1/4 a father/partner each.

Regarding the move, the city of Lehi opened an investigation because the Browns flashed their asses at the law by going on national TV. Utah has a current history of only persecuting polygamists relationships that involve underage girls. Case in point is Tom Green. All of his current wives and a few past ones were under age. The state set up the common law marriage to prosecute men in polygamist families who took under age brides. It has not ben used for marriages involving consenting adults. This is why the people in Polygamy USA were never actually investigated.

The main reason Utah treats polygamists with cat paws is because the FLDS is great at PR and pulling at the publics heart strings The FLDS got the public to believe that they were just poor persecuted people because their religion was different twice now. They have great PR teams that know that emphasizing the break up of families will cause outrage. Utah learned that lesson during short creek. Texas learned it back when they removed all the children from YFZ.

Tweet-gate (and the last episode) has led me to assume the following:

1.) Kody was likely not at Robyn's house that night.

2.) Robyn was acting a.) unstable, b.) drunk, or c.) all of the above during her tweeting spree. I suspect this is not uncommon behavior for her.

3.) I think this divorce/marriage was done so the Brown's can declare bankruptcy again and write off more debt - though i suspect Robyn loved the idea of becoming the legal wife. It is obvious she is also the favorite.

4.) Christine is stupid and bought the 'it's about the kids' excuse.

5.) Janelle was pissed and clearly blindsided by the news.

Regarding the move, the city of Lehi opened an investigation because the Browns flashed their asses at the law by going on national TV. Utah has a current history of only persecuting polygamists relationships that involve underage girls. Case in point is Tom Green. All of his current wives and a few past ones were under age. The state set up the common law marriage to prosecute men in polygamist families who took under age brides. It has not ben used for marriages involving consenting adults. This is why the people in Polygamy USA were never actually investigated.

The main reason Utah treats polygamists with cat paws is because the FLDS is great at PR and pulling at the publics heart strings The FLDS got the public to believe that they were just poor persecuted people because their religion was different twice now. They have great PR teams that know that emphasizing the break up of families will cause outrage. Utah learned that lesson during short creek. Texas learned it back when they removed all the children from YFZ.

Texas might have not handled the kids great, but it won in the end. It put Wendell Nielsen in prison for three counts of straight bigamy, which Utah never had the balls to do. And then the actual child abuse convictions, you know.

Messing with Texas was a terrible idea for Warren Jeffs, and they won't do it again. That's why they all left and went back to Utah/AZ.

I never understood how they technically could arrest Kody for polygamy anyway. Technically he's only married to ONE of them legally... and there isn't a law that says a married man can't have "extra-marital affairs" (unless there is...).

It always seemed to me that even if they wanted to arrest him, since all adults are consenting and the children are obviously not neglected... there's not much to really go on. Just a bunch of morality policing...

I suppose that's why they ended up in Vegas, eh? No morality police there!

I never understood how they technically could arrest Kody for polygamy anyway. Technically he's only married to ONE of them legally... and there isn't a law that says a married man can't have "extra-marital affairs" (unless there is...).

It always seemed to me that even if they wanted to arrest him, since all adults are consenting and the children are obviously not neglected... there's not much to really go on. Just a bunch of morality policing...

I suppose that's why they ended up in Vegas, eh? No morality police there!

UTah had specific laws against adults cohabitating with each other - created to combat polygamy.

buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/polygamy-is-legal-in-utah-for-now

IIRC, Sobbin' has family in Vegas, and Kodouche had been there and liked it. My guess is that the move was cooked up by wife #4 and Kodouche from the getgo.

Archived