IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

The problem I have is that, because this group has no problem with lying and exaggerating everything, I have no reason to believe that anything they say is true. The only time they touch on truth is when they are pissed off, i.e. Christine's anger at Kody over his friend's comment. We already know they lied about the reason they left Utah, the "anthropology" students and re-enacting the divorce decision. Why should anyone believe that there was a sudden logical reason to divorce/ marry to ensure the future of Robyn's kids? I also don't think that becuase Robyn's ex has not discussed his side with the media means anything. Some people just prefer to not put their life on display. This family is nothing more than lazy grifters that will do anything, including creating a lie for a reality show, in order to keep the McMansions and not have to work a real job.

I do wonder if there might be may be some type of custody battle brewing initiated by the ex. Just because we have not heard about it doesn't mean it isn't going on. I also always had the feeling that Robyn thought less if her ex because he did not take a second wife. I think she likes the idea of sister wives but wants to be top wife, i.e. Legal wife.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you mean Meri? Whether it's Meri or Mariah, though, I'm interested to see why you think that. I'm only just now starting the episode, though.

Robyn wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm actually kind of surprised it's been this long since Solomon.

Robyn looked pudgy around the middle when she was sitting down, at one point. Mariah put that pillow on her stomach.

I'm just making a wild guess.

Robyn looked pudgy around the middle when she was sitting down, at one point. Mariah put that pillow on her stomach.

I'm just making a wild guess.

Tut tut. We here at Free Jinger frown upon wild guesses and conjecture. :wink-kitty:

Given Kody's firm stance on sex outside of some form of marriage, a Mariah pregnancy would be a HUGE scandal.

However, him not taking it well could be a reason for the Meri divorce.

They have, but Dayton wasn't really on the show for a while and they haven't showed the two girls enough for me to be able to tell them apart.

Dayton (who apparently still goes by David at school) was injured and took awhile to recover, so they probably didn't want to show him with his injuries.

One of the girls feels "funny in her tummy" when Kodouche blows in her ear.

Tut tut. We here at Free Jinger frown upon wild guesses and conjecture. :wink-kitty:

Hehe, well to be fair admitting you are guessing and could be wrong is miles better than passing your own opinion as probable fact.

I'm not saying they need evidence, but are we sure they don't have evidence? I imagine if they had evidence, they wouldn't want to parade it on national television for everyone to see. If there is a potential court case in the works, that might even be illegal. They don't owe their viewership evidence of abuse. I don't really trust the Browns in general (because I don't know them, and I tend to not trust people I don't know), but I see no reason to specifically disbelieve this claim.

Anyway, you better believe that if someone asked me on national television why my marriage broke up, I would answer honestly that he had an affair. I don't have proof on hand, but it happened, and I see no reason to lie about something on national television to protect someone who doesn't care about me.

I have no doubt if Robyn had evidence of abuse she'd be shouting it from the rooftops. She has no problem bashing her ex for anything else he has done i.e. taking her purity, making her live in a trailer, not buying her a crib etc. I don't believe this woman or think she is trustworthy, her actions speak louder than words for me. And what an environment to bring her kids to after a traumatic divorce, to a family with 13 kids and 3 moms where Robyn got to be wife number 4 and see new "dad" every 4th day. What a great decision to make if her kids really were coping from an abusive environment.

Mariah pregnant? That's a new one, but she looks like she could be. I hate myself for saying this, but wth happened to Meri and Mariah from the beginning of the show? They were both cute and at a normal weight when the show started. Now they appear like they have a thyroid disorder or another medical condition with the way they both gained so much weight. Meri also looks like she might be on steroids.

I thought Christine's reaction to the divorce news was very genuine and very sweet. It seemed to me that she was really touched by the gesture, and I will admit that I teared up a little about her reaction.

I don't think any of them are good actors, so I tend to take what is shown at face value beyond some things that strike me as obvious producer-created drama and editing.

I can't imagine sharing my husband or allowing my life to be filmed. I think MSWC as a jewelry venture is pretty weak, and don't understand how they thought it could be successful; and that buying the four houses was a terrible financial decision, given that the TV show appears to be their main source of income. But I also think they are trying to live their lives the best they can, and that they genuinely love each other and their kids, so I hope things work out for them.

Dayton (who apparently still goes by David at school) was injured and took awhile to recover, so they probably didn't want to show him with his injuries.

I've wondered since the autism/aspergers thing came up if that is related to the name change. Kids with aspergers tend to be very rule-driven. So I wonder if "Dayton" is the character he plays on TV and that's how they explain to him the re-enactments and "made for reality" parts of the show.

I have no doubt if Robyn had evidence of abuse she'd be shouting it from the rooftops. She has no problem bashing her ex for anything else he has done i.e. taking her purity, making her live in a trailer, not buying her a crib etc. I don't believe this woman or think she is trustworthy, her actions speak louder than words for me. And what an environment to bring her kids to after a traumatic divorce, to a family with 13 kids and 3 moms where Robyn got to be wife number 4 and see new "dad" every 4th day. What a great decision to make if her kids really were coping from an abusive environment.

Mariah pregnant? That's a new one, but she looks like she could be. I hate myself for saying this, but wth happened to Meri and Mariah from the beginning of the show? They were both cute and at a normal weight when the show started. Now they appear like they have a thyroid disorder or another medical condition with the way they both gained so much weight. Meri also looks like she might be on steroids.

Robyn is a private person and has told the family personal details about the marriage that we may very well never learn. And that's OK. I don't need evidence if a woman claims things weren't right--she can't legally deny the ex-husband his rights to see his children (IF he is fighting for them) until she brings him to court and wins. Either he isn't fighting for them or she already won a private court case.

Don't worry about the ex, OK?

Robyn is a private person and has told the family personal details about the marriage that we may very well never learn. And that's OK. I don't need evidence if a woman claims things weren't right--she can't legally deny the ex-husband his rights to see his children (IF he is fighting for them) until she brings him to court and wins. Either he isn't fighting for them or she already won a private court case.

How about you don't worry about what other people want to talk to about?

Also, how do you know Robyn said? Aren't you the one who proclaimed that FJ isn't above speculation a couple pages back?

Uh seriously, what the heck is that supposed to mean? I heard "don't worry your pretty little head about unpleasantness like evidence, how are the cookies coming along?"

No one who chooses to go on reality TV is a private person. She is now a G-list minor celebrity who has willing splashed her life on TV and into my living room.

Umm... just because she can't legally deny Jessop his parental rights has nothing to do with what she actually does. She can try to paint the picture as he's so awful, she's trying to be a good mom, Kody is such an amazing replacement (sorry can't effectively parent a herd of children so not buying that one at all). She absolutely can throw up all kinds of roadblocks and alienate Jessop quite effectively.

Robyn is NOT a private person. She has CHOSEN to put her life on national TV. She has CHOSEN to discuss the details of her previous marriage and relationship with her ex ON NATIONAL TV. She has made the choice to broadcast the details of her private life on TV. I'm sorry, but choices have consequences. You don't get to sell your private life for profit and then claim you're a private person and ask for privacy. That's not how that works. They ARE mutually exclusive. Either keep your life private OR put it on TV.

I think a lot of the issue here is that Robyn has a platform that Jessop does not have. She can go on TV and say anything she wants about him. Unless it's enough for a lawsuit, it's tough for him to defend himself at the same national level that she can use to make these accusations. And maybe he doesn't feel comfortable doing so. As an actual private person myself, I would NEVER want to lay my business open to the nation...even to defend myself. The thought is mortifying.

Robyn is like having a relative who is a compulsive liar. You watch them lie over and over, and you just sort of learn not to ever trust what they say. Then they start saying something like this, and you just can't believe them because you've spent years watching them twist the truth. You don't have a reason to come down on them, so you sort of wash your hands of the matter. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But the only evidence is a personal testimony from a highly unreliable source, which you have mentally thrown out. There's literally no evidence one way or another, for me.

I think a lot of the issue here is that Robyn has a platform that Jessop does not have. She can go on TV and say anything she wants about him. Unless it's enough for a lawsuit, it's tough for him to defend himself at the same national level that she can use to make these accusations. And maybe he doesn't feel comfortable doing so. As an actual private person myself, I would NEVER want to lay my business open to the nation...even to defend myself. The thought is mortifying.

ITA. Robyn's made a bad impression on me from day 1. I think Kody loves her because she's different than his other wives and gives her a pass on basically everything else because of it. Kody, Robyn and Meri have ALWAYS loved the drama, IMO. Robyn loves any chance to tear up and get all eyes on her. This public airing of her issues with her children's father is just absurd at this point.

I don't know how Janelle is still in that family. I want to feel sorry for her, but JFC. Get your shit together and leave that hot mess behind. She clearly seems like she'd be able to financially support herself, especially with her kids getting older. Christine should leave too since Kody seems borderline emotionally abusive toward her. It is so depressing to see women think they deserve so little from a man that supposedly loves them. :|

Are you all reading Cynical Jinx? I guess Robyn went nuts on Twitter the other night responding to critical posts. CJ lays it out, with interesting commentary in the comments section by other readers:

cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2015/03/shocking-member-of-sister-wives-krew.html

I've wondered since the autism/aspergers thing came up if that is related to the name change. Kids with aspergers tend to be very rule-driven. So I wonder if "Dayton" is the character he plays on TV and that's how they explain to him the re-enactments and "made for reality" parts of the show.

That make sense. I used to be a teacher for CCSD (Las Vegas school district) and 40% of the kids went by first names other than what was listed on the attendance sheet. The first day always took forever writing down what a kid wanted to be called. It was never a big deal, so Dayton wouldn't be forced to go by David in school. I'm thinking of the private schools in the area, and they wouldn't have a problem with it either.

Are you all reading Cynical Jinx? I guess Robyn went nuts on Twitter the other night responding to critical posts. CJ lays it out, with interesting commentary in the comments section by other readers:

cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2015/03/shocking-member-of-sister-wives-krew.html

Oh man. I love Twitter meltdowns. This is almost as good as the Great Applebee's Meltdown of '13!

I am thinking that these people just do not understand how other people think. I read Robyn's twitter meltdown. Confusing to follow.

Robyn seems to think that she can just say what she wants and people will take her at her word. Sure, that probably works with someone like Kody Brown, who is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and whose greatest interest in life is seeing how many pregnancies he can start in one lifetime. Robyn can say any bad thing about Jessop to Kody, to Kody that just makes it more justified to sleep with Robyn. I doubt very much that Kody Brown is interested too much in things like truth and accuracy and doing the right thing. He's pretty much into doing the Kodester thing.

Some of these people have lived their entire lives skirting the law and common social standards... well maybe all the adults? They just don't seem to catch on that when their shenanigans are amusing and interesting and different, that's one thing - like the Duggars, they don't get that they are modern-day sideshow freaks, just on TV not the carnival - but when it starts to look like they are misusing and abusing other people - now its not so amusing.

You don't have to be MRA to advocate for equal parental involvement. There is no way to tell if Robyn's accusations are true or if she's lying through her teeth. If she's lying, how right or good is it for a woman to be able to lie and manipulate in order to divorce the children from their father.

I am thinking that these people just do not understand how other people think. I read Robyn's twitter meltdown. Confusing to follow.

Robyn seems to think that she can just say what she wants and people will take her at her word. Sure, that probably works with someone like Kody Brown, who is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and whose greatest interest in life is seeing how many pregnancies he can start in one lifetime. Robyn can say any bad thing about Jessop to Kody, to Kody that just makes it more justified to sleep with Robyn. I doubt very much that Kody Brown is interested too much in things like truth and accuracy and doing the right thing. He's pretty much into doing the Kodester thing.

Some of these people have lived their entire lives skirting the law and common social standards... well maybe all the adults? They just don't seem to catch on that when their shenanigans are amusing and interesting and different, that's one thing - like the Duggars, they don't get that they are modern-day sideshow freaks, just on TV not the carnival - but when it starts to look like they are misusing and abusing other people - now its not so amusing.

You don't have to be MRA to advocate for equal parental involvement. There is no way to tell if Robyn's accusations are true or if she's lying through her teeth. If she's lying, how right or good is it for a woman to be able to lie and manipulate in order to divorce the children from their father.

Also, many of the Twitter commentors weren't even commenting on her accusations. What they were saying is "Hey, custody battles are really hard on kids already. You're making this harder on them by making all of your dirty laundry public, and that's not fair to them."

She doesn't seem to grasp that it doesn't MATTER if her kids watch the show and it doesn't MATTER if she doesn't badmouth their father directly to them. She's doing it on national TV, so she's almost certainly ensuring that all their classmates know everything AND that this will all get back to them.

The girls are what, 10 and 13? Could you imagine walking into school as a 10 or 13 year old girl after that last episode? Could you imagine people whispering that your dad never calls and wont pay child support? The looks of pity and the "Sorry about your dad" comments? Isn't the situation already hard enough for them without them having to deal with it publicly?

I still want to dig up the clip where she seems to say that she has to give up child support if Kody adopts. Looking for reruns....

I think her 3 older ones are old enough to wonder why they are being filmed and interviewed for a show they are not allowed to watch but it's about their family?

Maybe more ostrich-in-the-sand type thinking...

I had to deal with this sort of gossip at school when 50 Shades came out, precisely because my kid goes to public school and therefore is going to have access to all sorts of things including pirated copies of the full movie.

Kids have smartphones Robyn. Maybe not your kid but other kids do. Other kids are also allowed to watch your TV show. Your kids are going to know everything said and done on your show and it will not be presented in ways that are kind or beneficial because you very stupidly allow your children's peers to be their teacher and not you.

We all know that sometimes a person turns out to be a terrible parent. We get that. But we also know that sometimes the terrible parent is the alienator parent who wants to not only erase their former partner from their bed, but from their rightful role in the children's life.

Jessop is probably no saint. This whole lifestyle seems rampant with abuse. A judge, someone not from a plyg lifestyle, might find Robyn's public behavior revolting and give custody to Jessop.

You don't have four legal marriages, there is one legal marriage and three spiritual unions. Kody has his legal biological kids, should have been content to let Jessop's kids be "spiritually united" to the rest of the Browns.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kody and Robyn run away together, it has been pretty obvious since the moment he brought Robyn into their lives that she was "the one". The rest of the wives seemed to be shoved to the side pretty fast after that.

How about you don't worry about what other people want to talk to about?

Also, how do you know Robyn said? Aren't you the one who proclaimed that FJ isn't above speculation a couple pages back?

What? Her mysterious ex relationship is actually a running gag on the show.

Try not to speculate too blindly hun [emoji57]

Re: other claims Robyn is not private. Uh are you joking? We know nothing about their intimate lives, and Robyn is very tight-lipped on the matter. But go ahead, assume she is a liar, nobody needs to take you seriously.

Archived