IGNORED

John Maxwell's 24th birthday today

Marian the Librarian

33 but still depressing.

Yup, 33 this coming Monday the 19th. The stopped publishing her age on the blog a few years ago. I think they know it looks bad.

It's weird to me that she is only 2 years older than I am. That should make us peers in a generational sense, but I have nothing in common with her at all.

This isn't about comparing what I have done in my life to hers, just that we see so removed from each other.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, but it's such an odd thought to know that she and I are supposed to be generational peers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, 33 this coming Monday the 19th. The stopped publishing her age on the blog a few years ago. I think they know it looks bad.

It's weird to me that she is only 2 years older than I am. That should make us peers in a generational sense, but I have nothing in common with her at all.

This isn't about comparing what I have done in my life to hers, just that we see so removed from each other.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, but it's such an odd thought to know that she and I are supposed to be generational peers.

It's because Steve has kept his children intentionally simple. The years roll by but he's forced them to remain child-like, when there is no biological reason.

This is how I always compare Sarah and myself (I'm about 3 years older than her).

Every Sunday morning, I go grocery shopping, by myself. As I walk through the aisles, I pick food based on what I decide I want to eat that week. I may walk by the deli and see some prosciutto and decide I want to make prosciutto stuffed chicken for dinner that Sunday night, because I like that. The next Sunday, I may pick up some burger, as I want a cheeseburger for dinner. That single act, that I have done every Sunday for over a decade, go to the grocery store by myself and buy the food I want to eat is something Sarah has never been able to do. On Sunday she will eat bean burrittos, with no meat, as that is what Steve decided they will eat every Sunday.

33 but still depressing.

If old Steve-o waits much longer to get Sarah married, if she ever has any pregnancies, she'll be more of a high risk for genetic abnormalities. Maybe its Steve's plan to have an army of children that will raise children that will stay mentally children forever!

This is how I always compare Sarah and myself (I'm about 3 years older than her).

Every Sunday morning, I go grocery shopping, by myself. As I walk through the aisles, I pick food based on what I decide I want to eat that week. I may walk by the deli and see some prosciutto and decide I want to make prosciutto stuffed chicken for dinner that Sunday night, because I like that. The next Sunday, I may pick up some burger, as I want a cheeseburger for dinner. That single act, that I have done every Sunday for over a decade, go to the grocery store by myself and buy the food I want to eat is something Sarah has never been able to do. On Sunday she will eat bean burrittos, with no meat, as that is what Steve decided they will eat every Sunday.

I will be 39 next month and I don't have a husband and kids like Sarah but it's my choice not to. I moved out of my parents home when I was 21. I also graduated from college. Sarah has never had any choices or opportunities to do what she wants because Steve said choices are against God's word.

I don't see a courtship in the works, until he has a house.

I wonder how many of the reversal getting married it is going to take to break Sarah. Has to be hard watching the younger ones move on. If Anna would manage to get betrothed, I think that would be it for sure (not that I think that is ever going to happen).

Poor Sarah. It is like she is watching her children move on and get married without ever actually getting to have the experience herself.

John you little hottie!!! I've got a special birthday present here just for you....

I'm not a member of the 'John is hot' camp, but you seriously just made me lol. :lol:

I'm not swooning over John, but he's not ugly at all. Very normal looking actually. If I saw him on the street, I would never expect him to be a Fundie.

I think John is hot, but if he hasn't run yet, he probably never will, so he's just eye candy. I do think he's probably next to go down the aisle and before the year is over. I still think Gigi will move in with either Teri and Steve or move to Aunt Tami's neck of the woods so John can buy her house for his bride.

And poor Sarah. 33 already. And what's sad is that nothing ever changes for her. No new hobbies, no new activities, no new people in her life except the babies that her sisters-in-law keep pumping out. Poor, poor Sarah.

I don't see a courtship in the works, until he has a house.

I wonder how many of the reversal getting married it is going to take to break Sarah. Has to be hard watching the younger ones move on. If Anna would manage to get betrothed, I think that would be it for sure (not that I think that is ever going to happen).

I think Gigi's house will go to John, and I suspect they are fixing it up right now. Gigi will then move in with Steve and Teri. They have enough room for her now actually, and given that she uses a walker to get around, she might already be living with them.

John's a pretty good looking guy, I don't find him amazingly hot or anything, but definitely good looking, the best looking of that bunch. He should have no problem finding a fundie gal to court. Even knowing how crazy his family is, there are a ton of fundie girls who'd jump right on that. Actually, the depressing thing is that compared to the situation a lot of them would be coming from, Maxhell would probably be a paradise. :(

Wow yes. Sarah will be the same age as Jesus when He laid down His life. We'll see if that gets included in her birthday post. As for comments, I think they get lots and not all are approved. Haven't a bunch of us proved that already?(pun intended, lol)

Okay, we have Gigi living next door, one of the brothers lives on the other side of next door, one brother lives across the street, another brother lives next door to that brother.....how many more close-by houses ARE there for this family to dwell? Does that explain why the numbers at "neighbors' gatherings" are dwindling?

Sarah is not even part of the hiking A team. She is stuck on the B team with her parents. I think Sarah has officially been designated the parental unit's forever caregiver.

I think you are right, SassyPants. Oh the horror. Someday she might be responsible for wiping Steve's butt. It would be nice to think of her taking her revenge by neglecting him or handling him roughly but of course she will be keeping sweet right up to the end.

One of the worst things about being an atheist is knowing that the good people will not get rewarded in the afterlife and the bad people will go unpunished. Steve is a rotten person and deserves to be punished for all the torture he has put his family through. Unfortunately he will probably pass away in his sleep and that will be that. I hope that at the very least he lives long enough to have one of his family members spit in his face and call him the devil.

"We look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for you." Sarah, you know full well that Stevehovah is the only Lord who will have something in store for John.

I think Gigi's house will go to John, and I suspect they are fixing it up right now. Gigi will then move in with Steve and Teri. They have enough room for her now actually, and given that she uses a walker to get around, she might already be living with them.

I thought Nathan bought the grandparents house? I always assumed Gigi and Grandpa were living elsewhere already.

I thought Nathan bought the grandparents house? I always assumed Gigi and Grandpa were living elsewhere already.

Teri mentioned previously that Nathan bought a neighbor's house across the street from Steve and Teri.

As far as I know, Teri's mother continues to live next door. At least I think the house is still in the name of she and the grandfather.

Teri mentioned previously that Nathan bought a neighbor's house across the street from Steve and Teri.

As far as I know, Teri's mother continues to live next door. At least I think the house is still in the name of she and the grandfather.

Yeah, I believe Nathan's house is across the street, Christopher's is around the corner (where the Maxwells used to live), and Gigi's is next door.

oh i know, from reading their blog, EVERYTHING seems like it's a big to-do. i mean, cleaning out the garage was documented in detail, along with the trip afterwards to dairy queen.

i could not live like that.

Not only is everything the Maxwells do a big to-do, it's all directed and guided by the hand of god! Their god protects them, lays shit on their hearts, guides them, blesses them and helps them. Every. Single. Day. And Everything they do. That's why they post the pictures of every mundane aspect of their existence - it's all god's doing and must be shown to the world!

I stand corrected. I know Christopher bought Steve and Teri's old place, thought Nathan had bought another family member's too for some reason.

I notice no one even comments on their posts anymore.

24? I feel like a courtship should be imminent. He is not bad looking.

It seems that Tits2 was having technical problems as I had tried to leave a few comments and got an error message when I entered the verification code. (Oh Stevie I thought you had blocked me!1!!) But the verification box has gone - 1 ton ramp failure. :naughty:

In the UK, Discovery Home & Health are showing new episodes of 19K and we get to see Dullard and Bin (I would have posted in the Dugger subforum but it seems infested by Leghumpers) (I fast forwarded most of the crap), but on the Josiah (love the outfit) 'graduation' edition I got to see Terri on my TV screen, rather than on ipad or laptop. FCUK - it spooked me out. Poor Sarah seemed to be there too, so did Stevie allow them out to Boob's compound on their own or was he there spooning Jim Boob away from the cameras?

Archived