IGNORED

Jana & John David turn 25 today.

Toothfairy

If the article had stated that Jana was a fine or accomplished musician I would have had no problem with that. She is. To my knowledge she plays piano, violin and harp.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the article had stated that Jana was a fine or accomplished musician I would have had no problem with that. She is. To my knowledge she plays piano, violin and harp.

Agreed. If Michelle had described her as a talented musician or mentioned things that Jana actually does (and/or is qualified to do), there'd be much less discussion of it. But Michelle exaggerates and mis-labels and, as a result, the kidults don't realize that they're lying.

I think what makes it so bizarre is that until Jill got engaged, Jana was training to be a doula.

We all know that it was really because Jill needed a chaperone, but the way the portrayed it was this was going to be Jana's career. They really played it up, and if anyone pointed out the Duggar Blog of FB or whatever, leg-humpers would jump on them.

So how exactly do they explain this?

And they are already getting questions, including from leg-humpers.

I think the embellishments of their "careers" are all coming from Michelle and Boob, not the kids themselves. I don't remember ever hearing Jill call herself a midwife, and I doubt Jana is calling herself a concert pianist.

Michelle is so delusional that it's hard to tell if the inaccuracies in what she says are intentional or if she is actually stupid enough to not know the difference. She is so oblivious to the fact that people actually have to go through strenuous training and education to receive real medical degrees or to actually become professionals, and that those skills aren't just dropped down from the heavens by God because you feel like Jesus is telling you to be a midwife. :roll: Luckily I think the J'kids are smarter than Michelle and probably know better themselves by now.

Michelle's like that awkward grandma who keeps trying to explain to other people what your job is but has no clue even after you've explained it a million times. She must really embarrass them.

I think they should also say she is the new face of cover girl, Jana is absolutely beautiful and stunning. Especially in the 2nd pic in her puffy coat.

Let's face it, J'Chelle is pretty dim-witted, she probably has no idea of the real meaning of "concert pianist". She probably thought, "Oh my Jana has played piano in some concerts, therefore she's a concert pianist!"

I think the mistruths about the careers are a big deal. It is flat out lying and falsification of background and achievements.

As a retired RN, it pisses me off that they flat out lie about their "accomplishments." WHY are they lying to make their adult kids into something they are not? Why do they make claims for things that they have not earned?

If you want to claim to be those things, put the education, time, money and effort into achieving those goals. Then go ahead and make all the claims that you like. Jill has had an entire year to work on achieving that lay MW certification, yet she made the choice not to apply herself in that area. Therefore, NO, she does not get to wear the title.

I am surprised that mags such as People do not do better research and continue perpetuate these mistruths.

And yes, outright lying, which is what this is, especially to elevate yourself to something that you are not, IS A SIN.

to the bolded, I think some of the fundies/fundie-lights try to justify half-baked career options for their kids as a way of keeping them out of the college world, but keeping them in education. I used to be friendly with several fundie-light families in my neighborhood. One woman, who seemed to be the fundiest of the bunch in thinking if not appearance, had children that were several years older than my son. When her children graduated from the school of the dining room table (yes, they did use Bible booklets, but don't think they were Gothardites), she told me a bit about their "career" plans. Her son was going to train as a volunteer member of the fire department, so she told me he was training for a career as a fire fighter. Her younger daughter sometimes volunteered at the local nursing home for functions, so she said her daughter was going to be an RN. I asked her where she was sending her kids to college, and she said she had no intention of doing that - they could build their careers based entirely on internet workshops that were Biblically grounded, whatever that meant.

Another fundie light woman I knew was a lot more open to her children having quality educations. After initially homeschooling them, her children attended private school, and she did expect them all to go to college, and even let one of her sons live on campus. She never seemed happy being fundie-light, and her husband took advantage of her "Biblically submissive" position in the marriage. She was miserable, but was always trying to get me and my husband to live more Godly lives.

Funny thing is, out of the three families I knew, I'm convinced that the wives were the head cheerleaders for the lifestyle in at least two of them. The woman who wouldn't let her kids go to college was married to a guy who could have cared less about fundamentalism. He just went along with it to keep the peace.

I think they should also say she is the new face of cover girl, Jana is absolutely beautiful and stunning. Especially in the 2nd pic in her puffy coat.

I've always thought that Jana was the most beautiful of the Duggar girls. She's just overshadowed by her more outgoing sisters.

Oh absolutely! They should at least credit FJerites!

Can they do that without asking? They didn't quote me but I feel like gossiping here is not the same level as blabbing to the media. I know this is a public site and all.... but it just feels a little weird.

Is Inquisitr a real publication, or is it like the Examiner where anybody can be a "journalist" and write anything they want for 0.005 cents per page view?

I could have missed the rest of the family (if I did, then just ignore this comment). . . but I have to say it was nice seeing just Jana and John-David out to dinner with their parents and Grandma. It doesn't seem like either of them would get a lot of quality time with their parents. I hope they had a nice time.

I still hate the fact that John David gets to do what he wants but Jana can't. She's stuck at home with her siblings. Heck give her a nanny or babysitting job. These kids are 25 and easy last the age their parents got married and pregnant. JimChelle don't let your children become old maids like Steve Maxwell. I hope they both semi enjoyed their birthday. Wouldn't surprised me if JimChelle actually forgot or didn't care

Are we sure that JD gets to do what he wants? Or what he wants out of the list of things approved by his parents?

Just to clarify, is there anyone here who actually thinks these career announcements and embellishments are driven by the kids? ANYONE???? NO, I didn't think so.

Of course these are right from JB and Michelle. By the time they get to Josie, she'll be the next Einstein.

I took out my own stitches last month. That makes me a surgeon. Let me know if you ever need your gallbladder removed.

And playing "Operation" as a kid makes me a doctor lol

No one is saying Jana and JD should booze it up. It's just they aren't normal 25 yr olds. There's nothing wrong with having dinner with your parents, but nothing wrong in gathering with some friends.

My own opinion, and I am an admitted cynic, is that the "midwife" story-line was just that....a story-line for the show. Hence, Jill has dropped the mid-wife story-line for her new story-lines of marriage and baby. 19 Kids is all about story lines and religion has really taken a back seat for this family. They are celebrities now and they have embraced celebrity completely. I don't believe for a minute that, in its present iteration, 19 Kids is about "The Lord". It's about celebrity, money and power. (see...I told you I was a cynic)

My own opinion, and I am an admitted cynic, is that the "midwife" story-line was just that....a story-line for the show. Hence, Jill has dropped the mid-wife story-line for her new story-lines of marriage and baby. 19 Kids is all about story lines and religion has really taken a back seat for this family. They are celebrities now and they have embraced celebrity completely. I don't believe for a minute that, in its present iteration, 19 Kids is about "The Lord". It's about celebrity, money and power. (see...I told you I was a cynic)

And each "and counting" adds to the coffers.

Actually, a more accurate name for the show would have been PROCREATING FOR A PROFIT. That's what this show is ALL about.

Are we sure that JD gets to do what he wants? Or what he wants out of the list of things approved by his parents?

That's a good question.

The fact that JD was given a PLANE for recreational purposes* is a strong indication that the boys are not limited by thriftiness when it comes to their hobbies. I think higher education is off limits, though.

But I wonder if it even occurs to JD that he is now a man with autonomy. Jim/chelle made him into such a nebbish and so afraid of individual thought. I doubt he is even fully aware of what he wants and that it doesn't matter what his parents want.

*The prospect of using the family's Cirrus as a charter would take years due to JD's inexperience atm. Even if they went through the great lengths to obtain a charter license, how many outback Arkansans are there that are wealthy enough to pay for a private charter? That hobby is bleeding money for the duggars!

I still have to wonder if the whole plane thing was a reward (or a bribe?) from Boob for keeping up appearances. Out of all the grown Duggars, JD is the one I am not completely convinced is still living the lifestyle. Giving him a plane (and allowing it to stay in his possession) would be entirely contingent on JD showing up for filming, appearing with the Bateses on Instagram, etc. Just a thought.

I'd also like to add that the only other kid that has gotten this kind of "reward" has been miss goodie fundie two shoes, Jill, with the McMansion. Either these two kids are favored above the rest "just cuz," or there are other reasons they're getting this kind of treatment.

JD always wanted to be a pilot so I am happy for him that his parents were able to support him in that dream. Becoming a pilot is horrifyingly expensive and most people can't afford to undertake the training. You have to work up so many hours of fight lessons in order to get your license, and the per-hour cost is more than most people can afford. Being a pilot sounds a lot more exciting than running a towing business for the rest of your life... It is pretty incredible that they own their own plane, but hey, if you can afford it and you travel as often as they do... why not?! I actually admire the Duggars ability to use their money in such interesting and creative and practical ways, rather than just pissing it down the drain like Jon Gosselin did.

I still have to wonder if the whole plane thing was a reward (or a bribe?) from Boob for keeping up appearances. Out of all the grown Duggars, JD is the one I am not completely convinced is still living the lifestyle. Giving him a plane (and allowing it to stay in his possession) would be entirely contingent on JD showing up for filming, appearing with the Bateses on Instagram, etc. Just a thought.

I'd also like to add that the only other kid that has gotten this kind of "reward" has been miss goodie fundie two shoes, Jill, with the McMansion. Either these two kids are favored above the rest "just cuz," or there are other reasons they're getting this kind of treatment.

John and Jana both seem to have 0 interest in keeping sweet for the camera these days. I know people keep saying Jana must feel stuck being sister-mom to her young siblings, but my money's on both twins courting by the end of 2015.

We all know Jana could probably have her pick of men in the fundie community, IF she wants to be with a fundie at all. She's fundie royalty, plus she's beautiful, great with kids, seems to be great at a lot of useful skills (sewing, cooking etc.) and doesn't seem like a total idiot or off her rocker. I'm sure there's no shortage of interested men, so it's hard not to wonder if maybe she's at least been "talking to" some men in the past and it just hasn't worked out. It's possible she is totally uninterested in courting right now, but especially with Jill and Jessa gone, my guess is she is READY. TO. LEAVE. And soon. Especially if Jinger courted soon, I do not think she would want to be stuck running that household alone.

John might not be super handsome, but he's not really ugly, either. I think he could find a woman, especially in the fundie pool, if that's what he wanted. I could see him moving somewhere far away from Arkansas and never seeing him on the show again, actually.

It's also kind of hard for me not to think that it's a possibility Jana or John court court, or even marry, without the show covering it at all. I wonder what kind of leverage they have to keep that private if they wanted? It is hard for me to imagine Jana wanting all the attention of multiple wedding-focused episodes like Jill or Jessa, or even Josh.

I'm not sure if it's in the first book or 17KaC but JB&M say that JD wanted to be a pilot but they talked him out of it because it would take him away from his family too often.

So sad. There are lots of types of pilots. You don't have to work for a commercial airline on international flights where you are away for days at a time. My friend flies a medical retrieval helicopter. He is at home more than Jim Bob and I bet his income is higher than JBs was, pre TLC. Another friend works for Royal Flying Doctor Service and most if his work is 9-5 doing planned visits to patients. What about crop dusting? Sight seeing tours?

Archived