IGNORED

Jana & John David turn 25 today.

Toothfairy

Ok, everyone's said it already but I have to say it again ...

CONCERT PIANIST??? These people really don't have any grasp of reality, do they? They exist in a parallel little universe.

I'm a pro Hornist, mostly working in the pit in music theatre. I work with some really amazing Pianists. Most of those players also play at functions like weddings or they work as accompanists or they teach. These are not Concert Pianists. Concert Pianists are those slightly odd people who spend their day locked in studios rehearsing and appear in the evenings to play Lizst or Rach. They may, possibly, teach in universities but they choose their students carefully. I don't necessarily mind the Duggars getting this sort of thing wrong in their own little uneducated world but I hate it when they publish this on the Internet because there are so many young fans who believe everything they say.

I notice that since Jill stopped her midwife training, Jana seems to have stopped here work as a doula. She never seemed particularly interested to start with. I always thought she was sent along to keep an eye on Jill. Iam sure if she was still training it would be mentioned here.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hold the phone... Concert pianist?

I agree sometimes the whole Birthday = wild boozing and grinding at the club idea makes me wince. This country has a high enough substance abuse rate as is and making anyone who is not into that and wants a nice dinner out with family out to be missing something or deprived of the joy of overpriced drinks and hangovers the poor dears is fucking stupid.

At least they dropped "doula" and "first responder".

Also people can drink responsibly. There is a great big chasm between abstinence and alcoholic.

If Jana's a concert pianist, I'm pretty sure I'm a Pulitzer Prize winner.

:shifty-kitty:

Good to know, because I was feeling a little down on myself earlier today.

:violin:

If Jana's a concert pianist, I'm pretty sure I'm a Pulitzer Prize winner.

:shifty-kitty:

Good to know, because I was feeling a little down on myself earlier today.

:violin:

Congratulations 8-)

My younger sister is a concert pianist and I was also training to be one until a few years ago when I decided I wanted to pursue medicine. It is VERY challenging. Anyone who takes piano lessons isn't a concert pianist. You have to have scholarships and play for the best teachers in the world, go to summer camps exclusively for piano, win state and local competitions, be able to play scales/arpeggios/cadences at a certain speed and most importantly NO GOSPEL MUSIC. Concert piano is Beethoven, Bach, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Brahams, etc, not Christian hymns. JANA IS NOT A CONCERT PIANIST. :angry-banghead:

Now I hope you're not insinuating that someone with Duggar authority is lying...some around here hate when that is highlighted. ALSO: if Jill is a midwife, I think that Jana can be a concert pianist. It's the Duggar way.. in your fantasy life, you can be whatever you want- except in real life, where there are no options.

I'll probably take my kids out for a birthday meal my entire life. My #2 turns 21 in 2 weeks and I'm taking her and my #1, who turns 23 2 weeks later to VEGAS for 5 days. Woot! Cracker Barrel is good, but Vegas with your mommy will be better

Now I hope you're not insinuating that someone with Duggar authority is lying...some around here hate when that is highlighted. ALSO: if Jill is a midwife, I think that Jana can be a concert pianist. It's the Duggar way.. in your fantasy life, you can be whatever you want- except in real life, where there are no options.

well then my rich fantasy work life consists of being a Tourist Operator :D

I still hate the fact that John David gets to do what he wants but Jana can't. She's stuck at home with her siblings. Heck give her a nanny or babysitting job. These kids are 25 and easy last the age their parents got married and pregnant. JimChelle don't let your children become old maids like Steve Maxwell. I hope they both semi enjoyed their birthday. Wouldn't surprised me if JimChelle actually forgot or didn't care

Not only is Jana a concert pianist but JD is a pilot, a construction worker and a policeman. Phew. He is too busy to pick-up chicks, man.

No, really, wasn't he elected town constable or something? Is that actually the same thing as being busy with police work?

Probably called a private pilot vs commercial pilot. :)

I'll probably take my kids out for a birthday meal my entire life. My #2 turns 21 in 2 weeks and I'm taking her and my #1, who turns 23 2 weeks later to VEGAS for 5 days. Woot! Cracker Barrel is good, but Vegas with your mommy will be better

I'm 36 and I would love to go to Vegas with my mom. And, I would have loved to have gone at that age too. I'm no concert pianist though, so what do I know? ;)

CONCERT PIANIST? Really? People who study at Julliard don't make it as concert pianists so I doubt that unless she is a prodigy that she is really a concert pianist. She may be good and playing at various churches but that does not make you a concert pianist.

I played the clarinet in middle and high school bands. I played several concerts during that time. I guess that makes me a concert clarinetist.

Being an elected constable is not the same as a police officer is it? It sounds more like what we call a Bylaw Officer here in Ontario.

Police officers are called on to do a much different job than John-David's aren't they? (Not sure what he does do in Arkansas).

I played in an accordion recital a few years back. Guess that makes me a concert accordionist. :lol:

Well, I'm kinda embarrassed about this and really don't like to brag but I sewed a button on a shirt the other day so I guess I am a professional seamstress. At last, a career for me, yippee!

Concert pianist? No more studying to be a doula then?

I guess they have to make something up for her because they know people are asking questions about why she's still at home taking care of her siblings at her age.

It's just not okay by most standards, including fundie lites.

Also, if Jana is a concert pianist (by fundie standards, anyway), then why does she never play the music for her siblings' weddings? Seems like Erin Paine is always hammering away at the piano with that bridal march whenever any Duggar walks down the aisle.

I know that Jana is usually in the bridal party by that point, but it still seems like we'd hear more about her playing in at least some fundie weddings by now.

Ok according to this I am a professional cook, a professional quilter, a maid, and a concert guitarist and saxophonist. SWEET!!!

Also, if Jana is a concert pianist (by fundie standards, anyway), then why does she never play the music for her siblings' weddings? Seems like Erin Paine is always hammering away at the piano with that bridal march whenever any Duggar walks down the aisle.

I know that Jana is usually in the bridal party by that point, but it still seems like we'd hear more about her playing in at least some fundie weddings by now.

Are they trying to compare her to Erin Paine? Anyway, it's embarrassing. Poor Jana. She didn't choose to have her parents lie about her achievements and try to make her sound like a speshul snowflake.

Archived