IGNORED

Jana & John David turn 25 today.

Toothfairy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give almost anything to be able to send Jana a Xanax. Girl deserves a break and not just on her birthday!

I would give almost anything to be able to send Jana a Xanax. Girl deserves a break and not just on her birthday!

I'd rather give her a hot date -on her own

I'd rather give her a hot date -on her own

I'd go for an accredited education (vocational or academical). Whatever one's chosen path in life is, it never hurts to have something to fall back onto.

their lovely family trotted them out to dinner with Grandma and said this on facebook

like they were 12

We took our oldest set of twins Jana & John out to one of our favorite restaurants Cracker Barrel for their 25th birthday yesterday (Their birthday is really today!). They both have a ministry heart and are great role models for other young people. John just finished up his pilots license and is staying busy with construction and police work. Jana is a concert pianist and is involved in many ministries. We are so blessed to have such wonderful daughters and sons! Happy 25th Jana and John!

Uhhh, what? It's like you're 12 if you go out for a meal with your family? That's how I celebrate my birthday pretty much every year. Last time I checked I wasn't aging backwards like Benjamin Button.

I get that the issue is that they don't really have a choice, but with some people the shock and disgust seems to be directed less at their lack of choice and more at the fact that they're adults and they're hanging out with their parents/siblings/grandparents on their birthday. Just because you're a young adult doesn't mean you want to go out to a nightclub and get wasted or something. Unless you have a really negative relationship with your parents it seems pretty childish to find the idea of having a birthday meal with them so abhorrent.

Uhhh, what? It's like you're 12 if you go out for a meal with your family? That's how I celebrate my birthday pretty much every year. Last time I checked I wasn't aging backwards like Benjamin Button.

I get that the issue is that they don't really have a choice, but with some people the shock and disgust seems to be directed less at their lack of choice and more at the fact that they're adults and they're hanging out with their parents/siblings/grandparents on their birthday. Just because you're a young adult doesn't mean you want to go out to a nightclub and get wasted or something. Unless you have a really negative relationship with your parents it seems pretty childish to find the idea of having a birthday meal with them so abhorrent.

no its the way they said it on the page

and I as well go with my folks for bdays etc

I don't see how the phrasing is anything like "they're 12." Seems like a post a lot of the parents of adults I know would post on facebook.

Hold the phone... Concert pianist?

I agree sometimes the whole Birthday = wild boozing and grinding at the club idea makes me wince. This country has a high enough substance abuse rate as is and making anyone who is not into that and wants a nice dinner out with family out to be missing something or deprived of the joy of overpriced drinks and hangovers the poor dears is fucking stupid.

25 is old maid status (at least for girls) in fundieland. Michael Bates is really lucky that she got snatched up at 24 and will probably be marrying Brandon before too long. I feel sorry for the twins. JD has mentioned how JB often pesters him about finding a wife but I wonder if Jana's been nagged by her parents about it (though I don't see how, considering it's the guy's job to approach her/JB).

I have a feeling Jana won't be courting anytime soon, but I think JD will easily find a girl desperate enough to want to marry into the Duggar family.

Hold the phone... Concert pianist?

I agree sometimes the whole Birthday = wild boozing and grinding at the club idea makes me wince. This country has a high enough substance abuse rate as is and making anyone who is not into that and wants a nice dinner out with family out to be missing something or deprived of the joy of overpriced drinks and hangovers the poor dears is fucking stupid.

My younger sister is a concert pianist and I was also training to be one until a few years ago when I decided I wanted to pursue medicine. It is VERY challenging. Anyone who takes piano lessons isn't a concert pianist. You have to have scholarships and play for the best teachers in the world, go to summer camps exclusively for piano, win state and local competitions, be able to play scales/arpeggios/cadences at a certain speed and most importantly NO GOSPEL MUSIC. Concert piano is Beethoven, Bach, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Brahams, etc, not Christian hymns. JANA IS NOT A CONCERT PIANIST. :angry-banghead:

My younger sister is a concert pianist and I was also training to be one until a few years ago when I decided I wanted to pursue medicine. It is VERY challenging. Anyone who takes piano lessons isn't a concert pianist. You have to have scholarships and play for the best teachers in the world, go to summer camps exclusively for piano, win state and local competitions, be able to play scales/arpeggios/cadences at a certain speed and most importantly NO GOSPEL MUSIC. Concert piano is Beethoven, Bach, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Brahams, etc, not Christian hymns. JANA IS NOT A CONCERT PIANIST. :angry-banghead:

My first thought when I saw that quote as well. Jana may be quite a good piano player... good enough to be a church accompanist. She's probably played piano for Duggar family performances at church concerts. They don't realize that concert pianist is a whole 'nother level.

I wish they could have gone to one of "their favorite restaurants" not one of "our favorite restaurants." :)

And just curious--when are you told old to be a "young person"?

i don't get how it's like they're 12, either. it actually seems like a fairly typical "proud parent" type of post.

I wish they could have gone to one of "their favorite restaurants" not one of "our favorite restaurants." :)

And just curious--when are you told old to be a "young person"?

I agree about their favorite restaurants.

Young person I would say under 30

I hate myself because i read the entire paragraph in Michelle's voice.

Also can we for once get some information on their personalities that doesn't consist of "have a giving, ministry heart... " and can they tell us something of substance? But that would involve spending time with them sometime other than their birthday...

I agree about their favorite restaurants.

Young person I would say under 30

I'd agree with 30. My dh... let's call him Larry just for the sake of this post.... started his professional job when he was in his mid-20's. For the first few years a couple of his older colleagues called him "Young Larry". When he turned 30 they all threw him a little surprise party at work, complete with a card where they had written out "Young Larry" but put the circle with slash through it over the "young". It was cute.

But she performed! That's enough!

Actually I wonder if ATI has concerts and that's where the claim came from. "She played in a concert with our church so she's a concert pianist."

Not to propagate more speculation but maybe Tabitha Paine is JDs present or Nathan or Thomas Paine is for Jana. We can dream right?

Thomas Paine is married.

their lovely family trotted them out to dinner with Grandma and said this on facebook

like they were 12

We took our oldest set of twins Jana & John out to one of our favorite restaurants Cracker Barrel for their 25th birthday yesterday (Their birthday is really today!). They both have a ministry heart and are great role models for other young people. John just finished up his pilots license and is staying busy with construction and police work. Jana is a concert pianist and is involved in many ministries. We are so blessed to have such wonderful daughters and sons! Happy 25th Jana and John!

CONCERT PIANIST? Really? People who study at Julliard don't make it as concert pianists so I doubt that unless she is a prodigy that she is really a concert pianist. She may be good and playing at various churches but that does not make you a concert pianist.

My grade schooler played in a piano recital last month, so I guess she's a concert pianist too! *proud mama moment* :mrgreen:

like they were 12

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with going out to dinner with your family for your birthday no matter what your age. Unless of course they took them to McDonald's or Chuckee Cheese.

What gets me about this statement is WTH did Jana become a concert pianist???

Archived