IGNORED

Remember Whiner Lady?

OkToBeTakei

So I've read several of Rush Limbaugh's children's books. I read them because I wanted to see how bad they were.

1) The books smell funny. I think it is the combination of whatever ink they use with the paper.

2) They are boring and poorly written. Just boring and it is a shame to make US history boring for kids because there is plenty of interesting history.

3) If you write a negative review of Rush Limbaugh's book on Goodreads you get yourself a troll. Who calls you a filthy liberal. :lol:

4) They are not terribly historically inaccurate. Rush does have a huge man-crush on Paul Revere. It is kind of amusing.

5) The time traveling horse named Liberty is the most irritating character in the books. I hate that stupid horse. The most offensive thing in the books is the Native American girl named Freedom. Yes Liberty and Freedom.

6) Don't read them. Really. They are just dull.

I should point out that I was going to read Rush Revere and the American Revolution but I got about seven pages in and decided that life was too short to finish that book.

Wait, does the horse talk? Because I read a few of the pages from the 'Look Inside' feature on Amazon and assumed it was a person... :? And I'm not shocked by the Native American girl named Freedom. I suppose the kicker on that is that the U.S. becoming a nation provided precious little freedom for Native Americans.

I noticed his wife (well, I assume his wife, hasn't he had eleventy wives at this point?) was a 'contributor', which makes me think she did most of the writing and then they attached his name for the dittohead recognition.

Wait, does the horse talk? Because I read a few of the pages from the 'Look Inside' feature on Amazon and assumed it was a person... :? And I'm not shocked by the Native American girl named Freedom. I suppose the kicker on that is that the U.S. becoming a nation provided precious little freedom for Native Americans.

I noticed his wife (well, I assume his wife, hasn't he had eleventy wives at this point?) was a 'contributor', which makes me think she did most of the writing and then they attached his name for the dittohead recognition.

He is married to his fourth wife, her name is Kathryn Rogers. I can't imagine what any woman sees in him other than his money. I'd rather live in an unheated shack than live with that odious man :disgust:

He is married to his fourth wife, her name is Kathryn Rogers. I can't imagine what any woman sees in him other than his money. I'd rather live in an unheated shack than live with that odious man :disgust:

I"m not sure that being married to Rush means living with him. His third wife and he lived in separate houses next door to one another and were rarely seen together.

I see she posted a picture of her basement filled with furniture so that she could have yet another opportunity to complain about moving to such a tiny, tiny, home.

This lady really gives me the idiot vibe, even though she paints herself as a super organised, involved mom. I hate her for the disgusting abortion photo she has on her instagram, and I hate her for praising herself for gaining 2 pounds and then losing 3 and being at her all time low. I hate her for listing the benefits of adoption and mentioning not having to worry about post partum weight loss. Ugh, it really doesn't take much for me to hate other people these days, so feel free to ignore my bitchiness. :stir-pot:

She and many of her followers give off the same vibe.

She decides she wants to adopt an infant from foster care and a girl to boot and just assumes it will happen and bought a bunch of stuff already despite not having even started to foster and barely started the process thereof.

Starting a year ago she bragged how she's eating healthy again after the holidays, but tehe she did not gain any weight anyway tehe.

And then she puts a confederate flag plate on her van and someone questions her and she whines about how it was the Georgia flag for 50 years and it's a southern pride thing and not confederate flag and the north was all about segregation after the war so American flag must be a hatred symbol too. :roll:

And she gets a Fossil watch from her husband, so is spoiled by him, which is fine if she did not act like a spoiled brat in general.

Someone's house was on fire and she only whined about being stuck for over an hour and a half. How about wondering if said people are okay or the fact that someone or someones just lost their home. Nope, you are stuck and only you matter anyway. How dare they inconvenience you!

Oh how I love her acting as if she is all southern and redneck. The woman has barely been in the south for three years. She is no redneck and no southern. She does not need to teach people how it goes in the south.

Lol, they get a whole two inches and she calls it a snowpocalypse. We had that a couple days ago. I call that mild accumulation. And she's from Kansas, so that should seem like nothing to her, but whatever.

She started to shill essential oils. Swear that everyone is doing this now. It's apparently the new fad.

Also the GATech sticker had me do a double take. Their mascot is so similar to one in my state, I was shocked. I mean the cartoon image looks exactly like it to the tee. Who took whos I wonder cause that's weird.

The Maca root is the weirdest thing ever and agree why she did not read about whether to consume something raw or not. But she is all about the fasting and juicing and all the current fads. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch that's for sure.

Lol, they get a whole two inches and she calls it a snowpocalypse. We had that a couple days ago. I call that mild accumulation. And she's from Kansas, so that should seem like nothing to her, but whatever.

Yeah, NO. Snowpocalypse would be that crazy 6 feet or whatever they had in Buffalo recently. ("Snowmageddon" was the Groundhog Day Blizzard in 2011. We got 18 inches in 2 days, and the city didn't get our street plowed for 3 days. Which is about how long it took us to shovel out the driveway, so we were okay. At least the power stayed on. I70 was closed from KC to StL, and Mizzou cancelled class.)

Two inches is a walk in the freaking park, and would make my kid very happy right now, he's dying for snow and we've only had two dustings that blew away in a couple hours. Right now, we're getting rain that may freeze by morning. Yay :(

Re: Rush's books - the finalists for the award were chosen b/c they were "best sellers" on some list, children voted online for the winner. The online voting was admittedly easy to flood, since voters didn't have to supply an email or anything (see the HuffPo article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/1 ... 30294.html ) The reviewer at Kirkus was pretty fair, I thought - https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/ ... ing-abyss/ - better than the one that basically called it badly-written fan fiction.

This lady really gives me the idiot vibe, even though she paints herself as a super organised, involved mom. I hate her for the disgusting abortion photo she has on her instagram, and I hate her for praising herself for gaining 2 pounds and then losing 3 and being at her all time low. I hate her for listing the benefits of adoption and mentioning not having to worry about post partum weight loss. Ugh, it really doesn't take much for me to hate other people these days, so feel free to ignore my bitchiness. :stir-pot:

Oh, HELL NO. Her comment just makes me want to scream right now. Is that on her Instagram? As someone who has had four fucking miscarriages in the past year, including one ruptured tubal pregnancy, maybe I am just a tad bit sensitive. But that's just gross. If one of the main things on your worry list after childbirth is postpartum weight, dammit, you're DOING IT WRONG. There is a baby to worry about.

Ok, rant over. It just hit me completely the wrong way today. I'm clearly still sensitive.

Edited for riffles.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm! Her instagram has gone the way of her blog. Walkies.

I'm gutted!! (not really.) Now we will never know if the goats tear up the house. I will miss her brand of ignorant gun toting conservative-ness.

Unfortunately I suspect it is because, as she had been mentioning...adoption. Maybe she will re-appear in a few years as a child collector.

Adoption...oh SHINY! That's how she rolls.

• 1 month later...
Hmmm! Her instagram has gone the way of her blog. Walkies.

I'm gutted!! (not really.) Now we will never know if the goats tear up the house. I will miss her brand of ignorant gun toting conservative-ness.

Unfortunately I suspect it is because, as she had been mentioning...adoption. Maybe she will re-appear in a few years as a child collector.

Adoption...oh SHINY! That's how she rolls.

A neighborhood goat just got into my yard and it made me think of the Whiner Lady. She is still private. Didn't her daughter have an instagram? I can't remember the name and I wonder if it is private now too.

Archived