IGNORED

Wizzy (Mary-Elizabeth Arndt) turns 18!

kitandmike

They do? Where is that listed? I've only been able to find one first name and no middles for all the boys.

BTW, I find it interesting that only Wizzy's brothers posted anything about her on her birthday. You'd think Rick would have. But I guess he's too busy posting random articles.

These haven't been updated in years, but you can see all their names.

famteam.com/newfamilyprofiles.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish her wings. Like, actual, physical wings that she can use to fly out of that place, because let's be honest, she has as much chance of getting those as she does of ever escaping.

Because that's where the kids were made.

Ew...why? Why did you go there? And why did you make me follow? I will never get that out of my mind!!! You evil genius. I stand in awe. :worship:

Ew...why? Why did you go there? And why did you make me follow? I will never get that out of my mind!!! You evil genius. I stand in awe. :worship:

Sorry, won't do it again! Have a free bottle of brain bleach.

Because that's where the kids were made.

You know you have been following teh fundies too long, when you can tell if something like this is sarcasm or the truth.....

(which one is it?)

You know you have been following teh fundies too long, when you can tell if something like this is sarcasm or the truth.....

(which one is it?)

Bit of both, really. I was joking, but at the same time I wouldn't put it past them to have that in mind when organising the birthday bash...

These haven't been updated in years, but you can see all their names.

famteam.com/newfamilyprofiles.html

Oh that is kind of odd. I wonder why only Wizzy goes by both first names.

From that old profile page for Wizzy:

Mary-Elizabeth sent shock waves throughout the family (and the country; even the national media came calling) when she danced onto the scene in January of 1997. Mom, who had developed a 17-year habit of caring for boys and men, was knocked into shock by the arrival of a baby girl. Mary enjoys wearing the dresses and ribbons that Cathy had secretly stashed away for nearly two decades. As the family's only girl, Mary attends each family practice, picnic or other outing decked out in a dress, her hair featuring ribbons or some other evidence of mom's handiwork. Mom enjoys purchasing dolls instead of softballs and bats, although Mary has already developed an impressive pitching arm. Her brothers have long ago pledged to accompany her on her first date, right alongside of Dad.

Yeah, how wonderful to have 14 extra people on your first date with a girl.

Wizzy ain't ever marrying. :(

:banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :nanner-drums: :banana-rock:

:greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingorange:

Mary and the Manboys makes me think of Josie and the Pussycats, for some reason.

The used the same names over and over again with the boys. Paul, John, Peter and David are used 3 times. Mathew, Joseph, Andrew, Michael, Mark, Timothy, Luke, Philip, and Benjamin are used twice.

That is bizarre.

Mary and the Manboys makes me think of Josie and the Pussycats, for some reason.

I had CCR's "Willie and the Po' Boys" in my mind.

The hyphenated double first names are another one of those freaky little Arndt things. Weird that they started it; weird that they dropped it; weird that they keep using it for Her Wizziness alone.

Given that I and maybe others have remarked on being in the Arndts' general geographical area, I find it intriguing that Dad A went to the trouble of detailing not only where they were heading for the young woman's bday meal but what they were driving.

Almost as if he was inviting / challenging fans to show up for a looky-loo. I wouldn't have, because I can only take Lotawata Creek's rich food and immense quantities about quarterly, and I was just there, driving the blue Oldsmobile with the COEXIST bumper sticker ...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
If I knew they were there (and I wasn't trying to watch what I eat) I might have been able to talk to bf into a Lotawata dinner so I could peek at them over my menu and take notes lol. Ever since I found out we live in the same area I am always on Arndt watch. I even know people who know/knew them, but I can never get any good dirt. They are just too boring for *normal* people to take notice I suppose

*non FJ

Don't worry guys, Wizzy's special day hasn't been forgotten! It's Late Night Taters at the ole Arndt Compound!

famteam.com

I wish her wings. Like, actual, physical wings that she can use to fly out of that place, because let's be honest, she has as much chance of getting those as she does of ever escaping.

The closest she'll get to wing is on her Always maxipads!

Happy birthday to you,

are you three? are you two?

you say you're eighteen,

but this is just not seen.

happy birthday sister dear.

we will see you next year.

same time and same place,

so best put on your happy face.

happy birthday to you,

you live in a zoo.

the bars you can't see

but you'll never be free.

Happy birthday to you,

are you three? are you two?

you say you're eighteen,

but this is just not seen.

happy birthday sister dear.

we will see you next year.

same time and same place,

so best put on your happy face.

happy birthday to you,

you live in a zoo.

the bars you can't see

but you'll never be free.

That is actually chilling.

It's crazy to me that she's already 18. When I first found their site she was still pretty little - maybe the youngest. At that time I remember more of the kids being referred to by their hyphenated names. I hadn't checked up on them in awhile - fully expected a gaggle of grandkids. Do they really actually all still live at home?

I didn't realise Wizzy was 18 already. She looks very grown up in that piano picture.

It kinda makes sense to me that she goes by Mary-Elizabeth (and not just Mary) because she gets her nickname from Elizabeth. Or maybe she's just the only one who still likes both names?

I don't get why they reused the same names over and over again for the "boys". Were they planning on having enough kids so that each name could appear in all spots (first part of hyphenated name, second part of hyphenated name, middle name) once??

Maybe "Mary and the Manboys" could get "The Chidults" to open for them?

It's crazy to me that she's already 18. When I first found their site she was still pretty little - maybe the youngest. At that time I remember more of the kids being referred to by their hyphenated names. I hadn't checked up on them in awhile - fully expected a gaggle of grandkids. Do they really actually all still live at home?

Yes they all still "safe" at home and don't seem to have any plans for independence.

I've only been exposed to this family through FJ. Do you think the parents look at all the unmarried, adult sons and wonder what went wrong? And if not now, when? When all "the boys" are pushing 60?

I have never understood what Safe At Home Ministries actually does. Like what exactly is their ministry? They have a home church they broadcast on the internet. They make some cheesy home movies on the side. They host a "softball classic" the point of which is unclear. Are they raising money for something, and if so, what? At least their wedding photography beats the Maxwell wedding photography (i.e. lots of bare shoulders and sassy bridesmaids shots).

I have never understood what Safe At Home Ministries actually does. Like what exactly is their ministry? They have a home church they broadcast on the internet. They make some cheesy home movies on the side. They host a "softball classic" the point of which is unclear. Are they raising money for something, and if so, what?

I think any money they make is solely for themselves. Another reason why I find Rick Arndt so disgusting.

The Arndts were on a few national TV shows back in the day. They were featured on an episode of the TLC show "Kids by the Dozen" and went on a few talk shows like Montel Williams. I think all of this fueled Daddy's fantasies of becoming some sort of anti-Hollywood Hollywood star. The man's ego knows no bounds. I have no idea how many people actually watch their cable access show but they aren't exactly setting youtube afire.

The only actual charity I've seen them involved with involves assisting unwed new and pregnant mothers. Naturally enough, as they are obsessed with abortion and frequently equate aborted fetuses to African American slaves before the Civil War. (I've not seen Rick use the horrible Holocaust analogy so far.)

So basically the "ministry" is only about winning souls for Christ, nothing more. But there is nothing particularly Christ-like about how they lead their lives. Most of the young men in the family who don't work in the family businesses appear to have tons of time on their hands, but they aren't doing anything to aid the sick or the poor or build up their community in any way. They play games with each other, work out and eat. And Daddy absolutely loves being filmed while he babbles about things like a particular cloud reminding him of Jesus's suffering and makes assorted bad analogies.

I'm convinced the offspring are all suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and when we see him trying to focus on one of them (lately he's been trying to spend a lot of time with number 2 son John) I suspect he's making sure a particular trooper stays in line. Why he wants his adult kids to stay "safe at home" is not fully clear, but it appears that Rick stopped working several years back and that the family is being supported now by the working "kids".

Archived