IGNORED

Wizzy (Mary-Elizabeth Arndt) turns 18!

kitandmike

I can only imagine what Mary-Elizabeth dreams of when imagining her future. She has limited outside of the family experiences, she sees all of her older siblings not getting married, not starting families of their own or moving out of the family home. Even if the rest of the family tells her that one day her prince charming will come and sweep her off her feet, how can she believe it when there are no examples of it at home. Just wondering.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, none of that is important. The important thing is whether or not she had the photo op with her birthday cake in her parents' bedroom, complete with mom wearing her white shorts and dad looking a little "off," as usual.

I just checked the fam team site and there is no photo! What is Arndt world coming to? Just one of Whizzy sitting at the piano. It's not really a birthday without that bedroom cake photo!

Run, Wizzy, run! freewizzy.com!

So, that leaves... 2? 3 Arndts under the age of 18? At least Wiz can wear pants and frosted lip gloss, I guess. She seems to have it better than a lot of fundie daughters.

Run, Wizzy, run! freewizzy.com!

So, that leaves... 2? 3 Arndts under the age of 18? At least Wiz can wear pants and frosted lip gloss, I guess. She seems to have it better than a lot of fundie daughters.

The Arndt family now has eleven legal adult children living in the home. Only three younger boys left. So they are 0 for 11 in the grow up and move out sweepstakes. Although, Mary Elizabeth would still be a high school senior if she were in a non-homeschooling family. But waiting another year or three or ten isn't going to make a difference.

Because Wizzy is a grown up woman. I wonder if Mama Arndt is feeling threatened with another adult female in the house (finally).

I think Wizzy is way more likely to get married than any of the men-children. If none of them are married by the time the youngest turns 18 I don't think any of them will ever marry.

I think Wizzy is way more likely to get married than any of the men-children. If none of them are married by the time the youngest turns 18 I don't think any of them will ever marry.

I have the same feeling about her. But making it past all those odd brothers...not to mention mom and dad...how is that ever going to happen? I do think she has the best chance of leaving the compound. Will she want to leave? Being the only girl in a large family where everyone stays at home may be too ingrained in her. It is all she knows.

If it were me I'd leave, if for no other reason than to have a bathroom I did not have to share with all those males!

I have the same feeling about her. But making it past all those odd brothers...not to mention mom and dad...how is that ever going to happen? I do think she has the best chance of leaving the compound. Will she want to leave? Being the only girl in a large family where everyone stays at home may be too ingrained in her. It is all she knows.

If it were me I'd leave, if for no other reason than to have a bathroom I did not have to share with all those males!

How will she meet possible suitors?

Agree!!

I didn't realize that every child in the family has a hyphenated first name..... And a middle name.

They do? Where is that listed? I've only been able to find one first name and no middles for all the boys.

BTW, I find it interesting that only Wizzy's brothers posted anything about her on her birthday. You'd think Rick would have. But I guess he's too busy posting random articles.

Maybe she can marry one of the guys from the Alaskan Bush People show. Anybody seen that? Like 9 kids, the oldest of which are men in their 30s, all still living with mom and pop. And they have the whole family speech impediment thing going, just like the Arndts. The parents and the oldest son don't seem to have it, but the rest do.

They do? Where is that listed? I've only been able to find one first name and no middles for all the boys.

BTW, I find it interesting that only Wizzy's brothers posted anything about her on her birthday. You'd think Rick would have. But I guess he's too busy posting random articles.

Mary and the Manboys all have double first names and when they were young, all were called by both names. However, for some reason only Mary-Elizabeth is still referred to by both on a regular basis (When she's not Wizzie, that is).

Some examples:

Paul-Matthew Joseph Arndt

John-Andrew Michael Arndt

Mark-David Timothy Arndt

Mary-Elizabeth Anne Arndt

Daddy didn't make much of the occasion in his diary either:

We all gathered in the master bedroom for a celebration this morning. With the camera rolling, we sang to Mary-Elizabeth, presented her with gifts, and celebrated the 18 years that she has been a member of the family!

As I write, seven of us are in Fairview Heights, working our way to the Lotawata Creek restaurant, the place that Mary-Elizabeth has selected as her birthday meal destination. (Cathy, Philip, Mary-Elizabeth, Caleb, Peter, David, and I have been traveling in the red minivan.) We are now in the parking lot of the Kohl’s store, as Mary-Elizabeth wants to trade in one of her birthday gifts.

Interestingly, this is the same group of family members that traveled home from rural New York state last October, at the conclusion of our most recent filming trip. We made the 850-or-so-mile-long trip in the Expedition, which now has 222,000 miles on its odometer.

Yes, Daddy, that's absolutely fascinating. Your only daughter out of 14 offspring reaches a major milestone in life and you spend more time babbling about your odometer.

Methinks Dad may be in a bit of denial over the situation.

Here's where you can find the (very) old profiles with the full names:

famteam.com/newfamilyprofiles.html

Yes! Thank you for that! These weirdos are the only non-TV family I really follow (they are just TOO WEIRD not to) and I was annoyed when they updated the "meet the family" section but took out everyone's date of birth/birth order. Gee, I wonder why they did that....couldn't have anything to do with the fact that next month they'll have FOUR 30+ years old manboys still living at home along with seven other legal adults and no prospects (jobs outside the family businesses, friends to rent an apartment with, or AHAHA, women) for any of them.

So, so weird.

That said, Luke? I totally would. Luke baby! Call me. I can teach you a thing or two or several since you most likely know nothing thanks to your insane, still attached by the umbilical cord parents.... CALL ME! :romance-kisslips:

Given that I and maybe others have remarked on being in the Arndts' general geographical area, I find it intriguing that Dad A went to the trouble of detailing not only where they were heading for the young woman's bday meal but what they were driving.

Almost as if he was inviting / challenging fans to show up for a looky-loo. I wouldn't have, because I can only take Lotawata Creek's rich food and immense quantities about quarterly, and I was just there, driving the blue Oldsmobile with the COEXIST bumper sticker ...

Mary and the Manboys

:banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :nanner-drums: :banana-rock:

:greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingorange:

Why do they gather in the parents bedroom to celebrate? Don't they have a bigger living room?

Because that's where the kids were made.

Given that I and maybe others have remarked on being in the Arndts' general geographical area, I find it intriguing that Dad A went to the trouble of detailing not only where they were heading for the young woman's bday meal but what they were driving.

Almost as if he was inviting / challenging fans to show up for a looky-loo.

Maybe he knows they are way too boring to stalk. And it's pretty safe when you travel in a gang of 17 people every-damn-where you go (no escape sweet jeezus.) But also, they always, ALWAYS have to mention what/where they are eating -- and it is always mundane.

Maybe she can marry one of the guys from the Alaskan Bush People show. Anybody seen that? Like 9 kids, the oldest of which are men in their 30s, all still living with mom and pop. And they have the whole family speech impediment thing going, just like the Arndts. The parents and the oldest son don't seem to have it, but the rest do.

Now those are some scary folk. I thought they were going to roofie those girls in the bar.

I have higher hopes for whizzy. There are two girls though.

Archived