IGNORED

Duggars still like to flaunt their guns

SPHASH

I saw this on Rawstory this morning although they got some facts wrong. For many "pro-lifers" there's nothing wrong with guns.

JB is quoted in the article regarding the petition to cancel 19KAC:

"They won't succeed," he shared at the Booster Banquet at Hannibal-LaGrange University. "Our show is the No. 1 show on TLC. It's a small group creating this fuss. All it has done is give us more exposure."

Let's break this down.

"Our show is the No. 1 show on TLC."

PRIDE

"They won't succeed (because we're the number one show)."

BOASTING

"All it has done is give us more exposure."

GREED

And consider 19KAC's competition on TLC. Other reality shows. Congratulations. Gee. Wow. What an accomplishment. :roll:

omg, I need The Walking Dead to come back... I need a hit of GREAT television to get over JB's hubris.

I have no problem with guns. I started shooting at age 5 and can easily out shoot my military husband. I do, however, have a problem with a massive family living in 20 acres in Arkansas, spending a fortune buying guns that will never be used to provide food for their family. They could easily hunt and grow the majority of their food but they are just too lazy.

I was so excited when I read this because it means one of my 2015 predictions has come true!

I'm a bad person. :?

Is there something wrong with hunting? I mean, here in Oklahoma, everyone hunts. We hunt for sport, not for food. While I don't agree with people not using the meat, some don't and that's legal provided you have a hunting license and have all the proper documentation for your guns. I don't see anything wrong with giving your 16 year old their own gun as a gift.

Which one?

I said there would be a very minor scandal involving one of the middle boys. I even mentioned it might be gun related!

ugh, all we need now is a Duggars/ Duck Dynasty Crossover event. Although I would love to see how Jim Boob and Jchelle react to Uncle Si

ugh, all we need now is a Duggars/ Duck Dynasty Crossover event. Although I would love to see how Jim Boob and Jchelle react to Uncle Si

I think there have been several Duggar/Duck meetups. There was even a video of Uncle Si (I think, I don't know my Duck Dynasty people)playing with Josh and Anna's kids. I think it was at their house. I guess they share the same racist/homophobic/keep our kids virgins views or something.

The only time I have issues with hunting is when it's just for sport. No one I've ever known hunted just for sport. They hunted either to fill their own freezers or the freezers of friends or family in need of the meat. Hunting and leaving the animal to rot is senseless. Hunting and eating it or donating/giving it to someone who might not have any meat go for it.

The biggest issue I have with this article is the stupidity of the Facebook posts that are quoted in it. Geez, people...yes, God gave you the right to BARE arms, (Nike!) but it's your CONSTITUTIONAL right to BEAR arms....and if this "shows what is wrong with America nowadays," then was something wrong with America way back in the days when every pioneer cabin had a gun above the door?

The biggest issue I have with this article is the stupidity of the Facebook posts that are quoted in it. Geez, people...yes, God gave you the right to BARE arms, (Nike!) but it's your CONSTITUTIONAL right to BEAR arms....and if this "shows what is wrong with America nowadays," then was something wrong with America way back in the days when every pioneer cabin had a gun above the door?

right god never said anything about guns and claiming so is blasphemous

I think there have been several Duggar/Duck meetups. There was even a video of Uncle Si (I think, I don't know my Duck Dynasty people)playing with Josh and Anna's kids. I think it was at their house. I guess they share the same racist/homophobic/keep our kids virgins views or something.

Some of the family does but not Si, thats Why I mentioned him in particular. Got to work with everyone but Phil on something once and Si was nice to all the volunteers and thanked us for our time. Si is religious but very much the "dark horse" on those things. He believes that "It's not his place to judge people based on religion but you should be tolerant of all"

I meant because the whole guns thing and attitude about they cant cancel us attitude. Plus I could see them clashing on some ideals and agreeing on others, it would be interesting to see what conversations would go on with cameras around. ( I'd LOVE to see Ellen or Anderson Cooper host this meeting too bwahahaha)

Their "can do no wrong" attitude will make their eventual fall that much harder. One day reality is going to bite them in the ass, and the people they stepped on going up won't bother to break their fall on the way down.

Good luck, Duggars. You're going to need it.

Some of the family does but not Si, thats Why I mentioned him in particular. Got to work with everyone but Phil on something once and Si was nice to all the volunteers and thanked us for our time. Si is religious but very much the "dark horse" on those things. He believes that "It's not his place to judge people based on religion but you should be tolerant of all"

I meant because the whole guns thing and attitude about they cant cancel us attitude. Plus I could see them clashing on some ideals and agreeing on others, it would be interesting to see what conversations would go on with cameras around. ( I'd LOVE to see Ellen or Anderson Cooper host this meeting too bwahahaha)

I adore Si. He's such a sweet man. I would like to see the two families actually discuss their religious views honestly with each other because I see some huge differences in their beliefs. I just don't think it will ever happen for political/financial reasons. When you dig just past the surface you find out the Duggars book publisher was originally owned by Willie's in-laws. It was sold to Simon but the president of that division is Willie's brother-in-law. Jim Bob isn't dumb enough to piss off the people who hold part of the purse strings.

somehow it doesn't surprise me about the book publisher.

I understand guns and hunting are normal in the southern USA. Fine. I don't see any issue with Jed having a gun given the culture he lives in. However I do have two questions;

1. Do the Duggars actually hunt or do they just have guns and claim they are for hunting? We've seen evidence the Bates family hunt but I've never seen any evidence the Duggars hunt or eat game meat. I'm not expecting to see hunting on the show but I'd be surprised, if they did hunt, that they'd never shown us a recipe using the meat. In all those times we've seen the freezers and they've explained their pantry system, I have never heard any reference to where they store the meat they have hunted. I'd also expect to see photos on Instagram of them out with the guns, not just in TTH.

2. Knowing the controversy caused by the JD & Jonothon Hartono photo, why did JB allow this photo to be published? I think I know the answer to this one ... He wanted to create drama. He wanted to stir up all us evil leftist liberals. He wants to rally his fans against those protesting his show.

How much did that gun cost? The duggars don't hunt all their food is store brought. And what happened to Jesus? You don't need a gun if you have Jesus

They could easily hunt and grow the majority of their food but they are just too lazy.

If they enjoyed hunting, they could even hunt and give the food to others who have less. What a blessing that would be, to receive fresh food and be able to use the grocery money on something else.

Their loss, though. My husband went hunting yesterday morning and we had duck fajitas for dinner tonight. Yum.

If they enjoyed hunting, they could even hunt and give the food to others who have less. What a blessing that would be, to receive fresh food and be able to use the grocery money on something else.

Their loss, though. My husband went hunting yesterday morning and we had duck fajitas for dinner tonight. Yum.

The Duggars don't hunt. Despite Michelle claiming they do. The turkey hunting episode kind of disproved that. What the Duggars have guns for is to protect themselves. Like when the evil liberal government comes along to force their women folk to use birth control, or marry their children off to the gays.

Remember, they are Quiverfull, their mindset is breeding an army for god. Armies have to have weapons. Hence why we saw JD with posing like a gansta with assault weapons. (you don't hunt with an AR-15, or an assault shotgun)

I'm 100% with you! I'd love to see that episode!

IMO, the gun thing is a non-starter. Of course they have guns. Everyone in Arkansas has a gun. What did the woman say in "Miss Congeniality?" "This is Texas. My FLORIST has a gun".... I imagine it's much the same in Arkansas. I know it is in Western Maryland, where I was raised.

IF they use it appropriately, store it safely, exercise caution, and target shoot and/or actually hunt with them, OR just collect them, fine. IF they shoot for sport and just leave the meat, they are as selfish and stupid as they look.

Guns are tools, which, if handled appropriately, can give people food and protection. They are also, to some people, trophies, and people collect them to be admired for whatever reason. Used and stored safely is the key.

Archived