IGNORED

Interracial marriage: The Alger/Singhs

NotALoserLikeYou

Same! All of my students at school named Singh are Sikhs.

I've met a few Singhs who aren't Sikhs, but all the Sikhs I've met have been called Singh.

Man, it is a non-stop party over at that Sovereign Grace Singles site. And their Etsy store is your one-stop shop for angry Martin Luther quote mugs: etsy.com/shop/SovereignGraceGifts?page=1

I find all of these different points of theology fascinating. People place such importance on them, as if heaven is divided up by denomination. Baptists over there, don't wander into the catholic section. Whatever will Calvinists do up there if there's no debating?

That is a really smart observation. Simple and obvious, yet never said!

Man, it is a non-stop party over at that Sovereign Grace Singles site. And their Etsy store is your one-stop shop for angry Martin Luther quote mugs: etsy.com/shop/SovereignGraceGifts?page=1

I really want to go over there because I'm sure there's tons of snarkworthiness, but I'd have a lot of explaining to do if my husband ever noticed that I had been to a singles site! LOL

Oh, I didn't actually register for the forums. Too much of a hassle to create a profile. But if anyone else does, I'd be interested in a summary. :D

Singh's (public) facebook is pretty hilarious.

"There are so many young men and woman now supposedly embracing reformed soteriology, but how come I don't see so many young men and woman embracing modesty along with it."

You know those teenagers, reformed soteriology this, reformed soteriology that... why don't they spend more time thinking about their clothes? :lol:

I read all the forums yesterday and it wasn't that interesting. Big debate on birth control because either 1)you don't use it and God gives you babies or 2) you do use it and you thwart gods plan or 3) you can't thwart gods plan because God is sovereign and every single thing is predestined. There was one intelligent guy and a lot of people who thought they were intelligent. Basically don't risk it and just don't use birth control.

Interracial marriage is fine and good. God made everyone and any attempt to divide the races is sinful.

No one wanted to comment on the Doug Phillips thread

The men's only forum (that I read) had a guy asking how important looks should be because he only likes the pretty ones. And guess what, the other men also like the pretty ones.

But who cares because guess what, in case it's not mentioned 4000 times, EVERY SINGLE THING is predestined and you, a lowly sinner who deserves hell, cannot do a damn thing to control your own life!

A lot of sci fi nerds there. I blame homeschooling.

I get the impression that Reform fundies are the know-it-all blowhards of Fundiedom. And that is a feat!

That is a really smart observation. Simple and obvious, yet never said!

In the (Reformed fundie ) church I grew up in this idea wasn't a problem for most ppl. The other denominations wouldn't be there anyway since only the one that believes exactly what they did could be counted as Christian.

The Calvinists would have plenty to do criticising Jesus. He clearly hasn't read his Institutes or the Three Forms of Unity. Or even the epistles of Paul.

Sorry - can't think. My mind was blown by this tacky wedding.

Does anyone know what the groom's neck tattoo says?

Someone asked the bride on facebook and she wrote back "it's Spanish". Thanks for clearing that up....

I wonder how many polyesters died to make that dress.

I don't know if it's a family heirloom/handy-me-down. To me it looks like she got a few pre-loved dresses at the op-shop and used them to construct herself a Frankendress.

Frankendress!!!!
Ah ha ha ha!!!

In other news, as yet no January blog from the lovely Jordanyo and his bride Meliss. Though they may just be exhausted from the Marco Island getaway coming so soon after their parent-sponsored 10 days in Florida.

I'll give the Niedmases this - they are there for each other. And if I didn't know their despicable politics and religious opinions, I'd find Jorjor's reports of their cosplay and celebrations to be entertaining and reasonably creative.

Ah, them ole bugaboos, religion & politics...

I find all of these different points of theology fascinating. People place such importance on them, as if heaven is divided up by denomination. Baptists over there, don't wander into the catholic section. Whatever will Calvinists do up there if there's no debating?

A little story that made me chuckle: A guy passed away and was met by St Peter at the pearly gates of heaven. St Peter showed him around and introduced him to all the various people, of whom there were a wide variety - Catholics, Muslims, Hindus, etc. Finally the man's curiosity got the best of him and he asked, "And who uses that office marked Private?" St Peter replied, "Ah, that's the extreme right-wing Christian fundamentalists. They like to think they're the only ones who ever get here."

Someone asked the bride on facebook and she wrote back "it's Spanish". Thanks for clearing that up....

She seems to know so much about his cultures. :lol: I'm guessing there were no language courses at SOTDRT. Or - maybe the tattoo literally says "It's Spanish".

She seems to know so much about his cultures. :lol: I'm guessing there were no language courses at SOTDRT. Or - maybe the tattoo literally says "It's Spanish".

Considering that it sounds like they only met in person a couple of times before they decided to get married, I wonder how things are going for them now that they are a couple months into marriage.

I actually can't believe Jordan has friends that tacky. One thing I can give the ThomNegels is a point for decent taste. I can't even discuss the issue you posed because this whole wedding looks like a joke in a movie for tacky bridesmaids dresses.

Barbie wants her bride maid dresses back. Wait ..never mind she has better taste.

Archived