IGNORED

no faith Children Should Be Beaten Until They Respect Christ

doggie

What an ass!! How dare he say that. Although it doesn't surprise me that he did. It sounds like something both Steve Maxwell & Anderson would say.

What an ass!! How dare he say that. Although it doesn't surprise me that he did. It sounds like something both Steve Maxwell & Anderson would say.

no better way to get respect then by force. just as Jesus taught.

I think the people who sent in the question handled the situation perfectly well. It sounds like the daughter's family is OTT, and the grandson downright disrespectful (if we believe what is going on according to the people who wrote in). I wouldn't go either if I was going to spend several hours being disrespected. I guess what I don't understand is why the hell they wrote to Pat Roberts to get his advice too?

I guess what I don't understand is why the hell they wrote to Pat Roberts to get his advice too?

This is the part that bothers me the most. It seems to indicate a very worrisome mindset - that of "needing" the advice of a religious authority to deal with a situation that "normal" people would figure out on their own.

As for Pat Robertson - I truly believe he has some form of dementia at this point in time, a for the life of me, I cannot understand why his family hasn't gotten him off television.

It does look like there's some dementia there. He rambles on and misses details. I've noticed on some of these clips that the co-host will look concerned or try to feed him details that he missed.

That said, IME dementia alone doesn't lead to these ideas. It's more a case of lowering inhibitions and making it more difficult to process current information. My late grandma stopped recognizing us, but she was always polite and happy to meet us (and described as "pleasantly demented" by medical staff). That was her basic nature. My crazy grandma gets confused about reality, but in an ideologically consistent way. She'll be convinced that Obama is coming to visit in the afternoon (we figured out that she was watching CNN press conferences in her room) or think that she's meeting with an old Communist lawyer. She's not spouting right-wing religious stuff, because that's never been part of her beliefs.

It depends in how they interpret disrespect. All we have is one side of the situation. No matter who is right "children" should not be beaten because they do not agree with a religion. In addition she had her answer to the question to begin with, if it bothers you so much why are you there?

Disrespect in there world is a world in chaos and we cant have chaos, Maxwells come to mind, we know the monster BEAT her kids and we know that Michelle blanket trained her kids, I have a very very good friend, whos parents would beat the hell out of them for the littlest thing, at night the parents would shut the lights out and wait for Jesus, they were told the vietnam war was a war that was happening in Ohio, when the father died the mother bought plywood and boxed up the computer the father used for his business, saying Satan lived in it, they neglected the kids health to build a mansion a real mess

I got the impression that this grandchild was older. Not that it's acceptable to beat a young child, but I'm wondering at the logistics of taking a grown (or almost grown) man "out to the woodshed". It's entirely possible that someone would wind up in jail after that endeavor, but it probably won't be who Pat thinks it will. And not for nothing, if you can't hold your own in an argument with someone who's been smoking marijuana, you have a crap argument to begin with. I've never met anyone high who could be bothered to argue in the first place.

Besides, this letter makes no sense. The letter writer is offended by her/his grandson and son-in-law, but earlier in the letter they state that it's the daughter who's being offensive. How many of these situations are real, and how many are cobbled together by producers just to give a platform to the blowhard of the day?

Archived