IGNORED

Sunshine Mаry on why feminists are violent

antares

So SSM closed down her old blog after being dozed by a manospherean she had a falling out with. She now has a new blog using her real name, and this blog seems to be toned down a bit on that a good deal of the kooky, kinky, manosphere-unicorn-girl persona is gone. Though she's still very reactionary, and thinks ladies shouldn't vote. And dosent seem to understand the point of the tweeter who mentioned voting:

I didn't break the link cause it's a screenshot

https://archive.today/vJssr

Nothing really seems to have changed much other than her losing her manosphere-groupie-dream girl status and persona

"Feminist New Year’s Resolutions – strangely they never include anything about caring for their families."

My feminist resolutions might now be "spend more time with the kids" since I already spend tons with them, but resolutions like helping further a cause is a way of caring for my kids and making sure they don't lose rights.

Sunshine Mary: New Year, New Blog, Same Old Batshit Crazy.

Why would I be surprised so that many people don't understand feminists. You don't have to own cats or hate marriage to think your rights matter.

Why would I be surprised so that many people don't understand feminists. You don't have to own cats or hate marriage to think your rights matter.

Cats are a perk, and you get a discount on cat adoptions based on feminist activism.

Cats are a perk, and you get a discount on cat adoptions based on feminist activism.

Interesting. I'm not a fan of cats butnineill let my friends who are down for the cause know! Lol

LOL!! Especially since my hubby and I are both feminist and he hates cats and I tolerate them.

As for violent feminist... :doh: My wish is that I am paid the same as a man, actually get a raise for the first time in 4 years, be able to spend more time with my children and raise my children to stick up for their rights and demand equal pay for equal work, etc. These fundies Do. Not. Get. It.

Sunshine Mary once upon a time wrote a post calling for "revolution," stating:

But on the margins, I see some Christian men waking up and realizing that any functional society we wish to create in the future will need to convert, cast out, or kill the sexually immoral, both male and female... You must purge the evil from among you. ... In any event, as was stated in OP, the correct response to the sexually immoral is this: convert, cast out, kill. In that order. See, I am all about choices, which moderns are so enamored of....The minute we have driven off our common enemy, it is my hope that the men of the tribe of Christ will kill your kind. Be not offended; I say essentially this same thing to secular neo-reactionaries.... Naturally, it remains to be seen whether the men of my tribe have the fortitude required for such a purging.

I guess anti-feminists can be pretty violent, too, sometimes.

Interesting how she sees feminists as violent but has no problems hanging out with MRAs.

Blogging under her real name probably isn't such a good idea. I wonder what her coworkers would think of her if they Googled her name and read her rants. Maybe her headship is forcing her to do it as a way of forcing her to tone down her writing.

Her latest post in which she analyzes the movie version of "Into the Woods" and declares that Sondheim is "a typical, East Village, NYC liberal Jew" is reminiscent of her old blog.

I love how, after vilifying "careerist" working women for years she is now working full time. Of course, she tries to justify it by insisting she's only doing it to save enough money to buy a 10-acre parcel of land across the road from where she lives for her daughters. Meanwhile, according to her old blog, women working to make a living for their families are evil. Can you say cognitive dissonance?

Sunshine Mary once upon a time wrote a post calling for "revolution," stating:

I guess anti-feminists can be pretty violent, too, sometimes.

Ken Alexander, is this a blog you are comfortable with your wife promoting on her blog? :whistle:

Ken Alexander, is this a blog you are comfortable with your wife promoting on her blog? :whistle:

Would you be asking Ken Alexander, co-blogger or Ken Alexander, Dentistry Consultant? And who will hear his answer? I suspect his answer would vary depending on role and audience.

• 1 month later...

Irony much, Ms. Sunshine?

Perhaps a better New Year’s resolution for all of us would be to find a reasonable, truthful, realistic alternative to the crazy shriekers on both sides. To that end, I leave you with this rather wise comment made recently by Mrs. Minter:

[tab=30]For all the trope that exists about what constitutes a real strong woman, the actual telltale is the ability to hold a civilized conversation. And that means sometimes not continuing a disagreement in favor of finding common ground. Real strong women build bridges; idiots yell at the river.

She assumes that random tweets constitute the voice of a movement or way of thinking and sets up those random tweets as straw men.

She obviously positions herself as the quiet calm voice of reason and not a shrieker on the margins of the hinterlands of the far right. However, one step further to the right and she runs the risk of being eaten by wolves, who would be instantly attracted by her shrieking.

I did not see one word in her blog post that attempted to find common ground with anyone but her (fantasy) sycophants and fan bois.

Let me share for your amusement: I had to search in my mind for a moment to remember what a post on twitter is called. The first thing my brain came up with was a "twat". I was THAT CLOSE to writing it, but fortunately, the correct phrase came to mind. Really, reading this woman's blog can addle anyone's mind.

Edited to add that I just fell down the Matt Forney rabbithole here: http://mattforney.com/2014/04/14/the-ma ... killed-it/

If you go there, just make sure that the rescue ferrets have been roused and fed and clearly understand their mission, should they choose to accept it. Take provisions and make sure family members know where you are.

Ok, I skimmed her blog. Her recipes looked tasty. I actually can relate about the weather, except for the 18 inches of snow in 24 hours. Get back to me when it is 3 feet in twenty four hours. I agree with other posters that she should not use her name, nor post photos of her girls, but that's me.

But now gloves off! Sondheim is great, more than great! His musicals are amazing. Sunday in the Park with George, A Little Night Music. Ok I loved Sweeny Todd, but I can understand if she had issues with it. But to rip apart Into the Woods. This means war! I wonder how she and I went to the same movie and took away such different things although her first three blogs do describe the scenes accurately. However, she does not talk how wonderful the music is and how amusing the lyrics are. I don't know how to put a spoiler in to tell the ending but I think the play ended up with a very good moral message. She does not appear headed in that direction, just happy to sl*t (hate that word) shame the Baker's wife, with no responsibility on the Prince and she was pretty close to shaming Little Red Riding Hood. I know it's silly of me to rant about this, but the way she views, so far, women in this story is appalling. I wonder how she explained the movie to her daughters. I hate her and she is dangerous.

And how dare she pick on Sondheim.

SSM flounces about once a year and returns a few months later. She needs the manospheres to validate her cheating piece of shit husband treating her like garbage in the name of widely submussion. You know you're in a bad relationship when even Lori's sheeple are uestioning his controlling behavior ( this was back when SSM bragged about her husband wouldn't let her use the dishwasher as punishment)

I don't feel like actually reading SSM, but what was there to criticize about Into the Woods?

If anything, I was surprised by the baker's wife and the prince twist. It sounded like moralizing to me - she strays, she dies. I thought SSM would love that.

I don't feel like actually reading SSM, but what was there to criticize about Into the Woods?

If anything, I was surprised by the baker's wife and the prince twist. It sounded like moralizing to me - she strays, she dies. I thought SSM would love that.

Well, I guess Fundies can find a lot to criticize in anything, anywhere.

I think SSM loved the Baker's wife straying and being punished I saw the Baker's wife death as the traditional noble sacrifice necessary for ultimate victory. I don't think SSM would like that.

Not sure why she finds a lot to criticize. I totally love Sondheim's stuff as seen by above rant. The music is great and all and plot lines are amusing, but it does not have layers of depth like other performances or literature.

I wonder what she would with other stuff, like Mr. Roberts, or Twelve Angry Men, or To Kill A Mockingbird.

Archived