16strong

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Michelle claims that her lesbian sister does NOT support marriage equality? How would Michelle know if she hasn't spoken to Evelyn or anyone else in her family since she started quivering?

Oops, I got that wrong, sorry.

It was smugface Josh who made that claim.

So, Josh feels free to quote his aunt (whom he probably hasn't seen or spoken with as well, he doesn't want to run afoul of J-Chelle and her "anger problem") on something that may or may not have been discussed years ago?

I can't wait to read what the Enquirer comes up with.

"I have an aunt who has chosen to live that life and I love my aunt," Josh said at the time. "I think she is an amazing person."

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Yeah, but you are actively working to take away rights from your precious auntie. Way to "love" there.

ETA: The aforementioned article isn't new, it's actually quite old, 2010. Apologies.

The one in the OP? I see a published date of today :think:

Awesome, I always wondered what Michelle's family thought of her becoming this ultra religious baby machine. seeing as we never see them on the show.

So Michelle claims that her lesbian sister does NOT support marriage equality? How would Michelle know if she hasn't spoken to Evelyn or anyone else in her family since she started quivering?

I think a few of her family member have been on the show. I also remember seeing (recent)photos of her family at the Duggar house.

The reunion with Michelle's family was in the first season of the show, when it was 17 Kids and Counting, while she was knocked up with Jordyn. So about six and a half years ago now. There was some family pictures from just a few months ago with some of Michelle's siblings/cousins but Evelyn may not have been included in them (I don't know what she looks like)

The one in the OP? I see a published date of today :think:

Yeah, this article was published today but the quotes were apparently made back in 2010? They're at least four years old. As nice as it would be to hear Evelyn and her girlfriend/hopefully someday wife if that's what they want publicly denounce the Duggars, I think it shows better strength of character and kindness that they don't.

The reunion with Michelle's family was in the first season of the show, when it was 17 Kids and Counting, while she was knocked up with Jordyn. So about six and a half years ago now. There was some family pictures from just a few months ago with some of Michelle's siblings/cousins but Evelyn may not have been included in them (I don't know what she looks like)

Yeah, this article was published today but the quotes were apparently made back in 2010? They're at least four years old. As nice as it would be to hear Evelyn and her girlfriend/hopefully someday wife if that's what they want publicly denounce the Duggars, I think it shows better strength of character and kindness that they don't.

Ahhhhh... I see now. Sorry, my wine made my head fuzzy.

This! Couldn't agree more. :clap:

I'm still trying to figure out why the Duggars are all the sudden getting the Kardashian treatment in entertainment news. Weekly, if not daily there's a new story about them in various online entertainment newsites. It comes off the same way it does when Kardashian stories are printed :contrived and paid for. Who's the Pimp Mama Kris PR nut of the Duggars?

I would still like it if she publically said she disagreed with Josh's statements about her beliefs.

Smuggar made the remarks on the radio show last year, not long after he started at the FRC. Long after 2010.

I was listening that day; one of my friends actually got through and was the one who asked about Evelyn.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Duggars are all the sudden getting the Kardashian treatment in entertainment news. Weekly, if not daily there's a new story about them in various online entertainment newsites. It comes off the same way it does when Kardashian stories are printed :contrived and paid for. Who's the Pimp Mama Kris PR nut of the Duggars?

It's because TLC has deals with certain magazines (People & US Weekly) and websites (Radaronline) to promote its shows. E! does the same with the Kardashians. If you notice, Kate Gosselin is always on the same magazines and websites as the Duggars. The Duggars are not as popular as TLC would like you to believe. It's all about building up hype for the show. Notice that they do not get this type of attention anywhere else. They are being promoted on avenues that are easily swayed by PR people. The Duggars don't sell magazines and the Kardashians don't either. The thing is, if you put them on your magazine or website, the networks and/or PR people will agree to get their big stars to do a cover for your magazine or appear on your talk show. The Duggars are the little fish used to help get the big fish. Most people have no idea who they are or just think they are that large family they heard about somewhere.

As nice as it would be to hear Evelyn and her girlfriend/hopefully someday wife if that's what they want publicly denounce the Duggars, I think it shows better strength of character and kindness that they don't.

No it doesn't. It proves you aren't strong enough to stand up for what's right. When it comes to people who are trying to take your rights away, you have to fight back.

No it doesn't. It proves you aren't strong enough to stand up for what's right. When it comes to people who are trying to take your rights away, you have to fight back.

They have no responsibility to speak up imo. The subject might be really touchy or painful to Evelyn and her partner because the Duggars are family. If they want to speak up, that's great. If they don't, don't push it.

Also, the people that have the responsibility to speak up for queer people are cisgender + heterosexual people, NOT queer people. We don't always have the privilege or safety to speak up + be listened to, and we often can't detach ourselves emotionally from the issues the way that cishets can.

Speaking up at this point will likely cause some level of media attention and not everyone wants that. Evelyn's comments from 4 years ago seem to have gone largely unnoticed until now. The J'Dugs are more recognizable today than they were back then. Like another poster said Michelle is "family" to Evelyn. Isn't it odd that the J'Dugs are all about family but Michelle appears to have shunned hers? (Unless there is behind the scene relationships that are being kept private)I am going to assume that there is a very weak or nonexistent relationship between J'chelle and Evelyn due to Evelyn's sexuality. What happened to the Dug's love the person, hate the "sin" (or something close to that) motto? Just another example of them twisting reality and talking out of their J'butts?

They're likely terrified of one of their kids "catching the gay" from her. :roll: Honestly, it's really surprising to me that one of J'chelle's relatives is gay and that she (J'chelle) continues to actively speak out against it. When I was younger, I was incredibly conservative, as was my family, but when I found out my best friend was gay, I started questioning things. You can't "love the person but hate the sin" if you have no relationship with them, imo.

Speaking up at this point will likely cause some level of media attention and not everyone wants that. Evelyn's comments from 4 years ago seem to have gone largely unnoticed until now. The J'Dugs are more recognizable today than they were back then. Like another poster said Michelle is "family" to Evelyn. Isn't it odd that the J'Dugs are all about family but Michelle appears to have shunned hers? (Unless there is behind the scene relationships that are being kept private)I am going to assume that there is a very weak or nonexistent relationship between J'chelle and Evelyn due to Evelyn's sexuality. What happened to the Dug's love the person, hate the "sin" (or something close to that) motto? Just another example of them twisting reality and talking out of their J'butts?

I think the relationship is weak between Michelle and all of her siblings because they are so much older than her; I read somewhere that by the time she went to Kindergarten, all but one had moved out of the house. She didnt grow up like her kids are, grown adults still stuck with small children, the older children raising the younger. Michelle probably has nieces and nephews her age, a la Mckenzie and Jordyn and Josie.

I don't discount the Duggars uncomfortableness with Evelyns sexuality has something to do with it, but even if she was straight I don't think the bond would be any better. The only reason the littles will be bonded to the bigs in the TTH is because the bigs raised the littles; if it was a normal household by the time Josie was born, Josh, Jana, John David and maybe even Jill would be out the house. By the time she was school age Joe, Josiah, Jessa and Jinger would be added to that list.

I wish another magazine was publishing this and not the Enquirer. That rag never says anything truthful.

Frankly, I'm surprised they Duggars don't get more attention about following Gothard. I read through nearly everything on Recovering Grace, all it would take is for a major news outlet to expose all of that.

Smuggar made the remarks on the radio show last year, not long after he started at the FRC. Long after 2010.

I was listening that day; one of my friends actually got through and was the one who asked about Evelyn.

i'm sure he did mention it on a radio show, but i'm pretty sure he mentioned it on an old d&p show episode, possibly 17k&c at that point, where they had a family reunion and were talking about different family members and stuff like that. that would put it at about 2010. he probably just recycled his statement.

Archived