IGNORED

So remember that dog Erika Shupe got?

16strong

What I meant to say in my earlier post was my dog has been through two, six week puppy classes. Most dogs get it the first go round but my daft yet adorable fur kid was so special he needed a repeat. His trainer now thinks he may need a third round or one on one training. Kill me now. :lol:

We've always had dogs and what *crazytown* needs to realize is that they're work and need constant attention when housebreaking and training. And it's not okay to trade them in when they don't get it right away. Dogs, like children are unique beings and unfortunately a puppy may not be able to comprehend her regimented iron-clad schedule.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good lord, she's a special one, ain't she? can't learn from experience for shit.

I think she's the old dog that can't learn new tricks, not the Shih Tzu she just gave away. :roll:

I just have to say this from my favorite chair in the Bitch Corner - I cannot stand Erika Shupe. I just want to punch her, more than any other fundie out there. So many fundies, even DPIAR and Steve Maxwell, seem to have some damage inside them. Shupe just seems like the type who causes the damage with absolute glee and no regret. Poor Karen's sweet face breaks my heart.

Christina Cosgrove awesome pictures! amazing amount of cookies! what a blessing to have older daughters!

1 · December 23 at 12:46pm

Large Families On Purpose Yes it's a blessing...they're also teenagers with hormone poisoning...so it's not all peaches and cream.

1 · December 24 at 9:16am

I was browsing their fb page and found the above comment about their daughters - i guess she has forgotten any faults she displayed as a teenager. I just hope the 'consequences' for what is more probably more benign than regular teenage behaviour isn't too harsh. Not many people that i want to actually smack- hard! All done with a *smile* of course - can't show any other emotion :D

I am surprised her oldest daughter got a DVD/book (?) of Hobbit and Lord of the rings and one son got a Spiderman costume.

I am surprised her oldest daughter got a DVD/book (?) of Hobbit and Lord of the rings and one son got a Spiderman costume.

some christians enjoy lotr and some campaign against it. it seems to be pretty polarizing. :lol:

and spiderman? well, compared to other superheroes, he's the most clean and stable on the surface. you have to get into the comics to see the deep, dark, even weird shit.

but she won't let her son read about him killing the green goblin in "a death in the family" or the 9/11 story arc (which was very tastefully and wonderfully done, but still very heavy), "return of the burglar" where he gets a chance at revenge against the man who killed his uncle, pretty much anything with venom and/or carnage, and she definitely wouldn't let him TOUCH civil war (which has one of my favourite comic panels ever, where spiderman reveals his secret identity and j jonah jameson literally faints, realizing the man he campaigned against and hated for so long literally worked with him every day).

So glad that the original dog found a better (I hope) home. We are the second home for two of our three dogs. In both cases, the original owners got way more dog than they anticipated. It's damn hard work to raise a puppy into a good family pet.

She'll have no better "luck" with this one.

That irresponsible, stupid, selfish, unkind bitch. A pet is for LIFE, not until you get bored with it like a pair of socks! Would she put her kids up for adoption if they got a bit naughty?

That irresponsible, stupid, selfish, unkind bitch. A pet is for LIFE, not until you get bored with it like a pair of socks! Would she put her kids up for adoption if they got a bit naughty?

From everything I've heard about her...probably *smiles*

Honestly? As much as we'd like all pets to find their forever homes and be showered with the unconditional love they deserve, sometimes, especially with rescues, animal and family just aren't a good fit, no matter how much you try. Almost every reputable rescue will require an adoptive family to contact them if there are problems so they can assess the situation and re-home if necessary. What's the alternative? To break the dog's spirit and/or physically abuse it trying to make it something it's not? So I have no doubt whatsoever that the Shupes' dog is much better off for being given up for re-homing. And most of us probably think the kids would be better off if they could be re-homed too.

I just have to say this from my favorite chair in the Bitch Corner - I cannot stand Erika Shupe. I just want to punch her, more than any other fundie out there. So many fundies, even DPIAR and Steve Maxwell, seem to have some damage inside them. Shupe just seems like the type who causes the damage with absolute glee and no regret. Poor Karen's sweet face breaks my heart.

This. I really dislike her. I can picture her being mean.

I remember a movie in which a mom kills people for stupid stuff like wearing white shoes after Labor Day. Erica would do that.

Or Mommy Dearest....NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!!

*smile*

Honestly? As much as we'd like all pets to find their forever homes and be showered with the unconditional love they deserve, sometimes, especially with rescues, animal and family just aren't a good fit, no matter how much you try. Almost every reputable rescue will require an adoptive family to contact them if there are problems so they can assess the situation and re-home if necessary. What's the alternative? To break the dog's spirit and/or physically abuse it trying to make it something it's not? So I have no doubt whatsoever that the Shupes' dog is much better off for being given up for re-homing. And most of us probably think the kids would be better off if they could be re-homed too.

But a lot of people also try to lessen the chance of that before taking in a dog, and rehome with a lot of aching. She did it because the the dog is a dog.

I'm not giving her a pass on it, I'm just saying that the dog is better off, regardless of her intentions or motivations. Even if she loved the dog, I can only imagine what its life would have been like in Stalag Shupe. :cry:

This. I really dislike her. I can picture her being mean.

I remember a movie in which a mom kills people for stupid stuff like wearing white shoes after Labor Day. Erica would do that.

Or Mommy Dearest....NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!!

*smile*

You must be thinking of Serial Mom starring Kathleen Turner and written and directed by John Waters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Mom

^ That was a hell of a movie.

Can you picture Erica or any fundie mommy-queens getting on the phone and letting loose with those vile, vulgar diatribes to their kids' frenemies?

:pink-shock:

How did she not get kicked out?

Dog in child's arms. Child sent to table in corner or in booth. Erika buys food. Just like other people who take their animals places they shouldn't go.

Oh God, Erika, noooooooooooo. Dogs do not belong in restaurants unless they are guide dogs.

I thought Erika was a complete and utter germaphobe who would be horrified by a dog in a restaurant...but I guess its okay as long as its her dog and not her house.

My tarantula is quiet too and she will stay on my hand and never touch the ground. Can I bring her to Erika's house?

Why do people do this? Being a guinea pig owner, I've heard so darn many stories of people getting pets on whims and then realizing, "CRAP! These things have NEEDS," and dumping them. It's unfair and, quite honestly, immoral, imo. People who want low-maintenance pets should know that there is no such thing as a truly low-maintenance pet. We have fish. Guess what? They require active maintenance. We have cats. Guess what? Young cats are hell on wheels and require lots and lots of care and attention. Older cats can have health problems that get pretty pricey. We have guinea pigs. Guess what? They require fresh veggies and hay and tons and tons of space to run around. And dogs? We don't have dogs because they are one of the most time-intensive pets out there, and I've got my hands full with the menagerie we DO have.

If you are not prepared to actually maintain a pet, then you don't need one.

I see people bringing little dogs (AKA purse vermin) into the local Target all the time. It doesn't help that there is a Petsmart in the same shopping center. You're allowed to bring leashed, well-behaved pets into Petsmart, but AFAIK, not Target. They not only sell food, but have a Starbucks and a small Pizza Hut inside the store.

I know the manager of Target fairly well. If I see another dog that's not a guide dog in Target, I'll mention it to him.

Why do people do this? Being a guinea pig owner, I've heard so darn many stories of people getting pets on whims and then realizing, "CRAP! These things have NEEDS," and dumping them. It's unfair and, quite honestly, immoral, imo. People who want low-maintenance pets should know that there is no such thing as a truly low-maintenance pet. We have fish. Guess what? They require active maintenance. We have cats. Guess what? Young cats are hell on wheels and require lots and lots of care and attention. Older cats can have health problems that get pretty pricey. We have guinea pigs. Guess what? They require fresh veggies and hay and tons and tons of space to run around. And dogs? We don't have dogs because they are one of the most time-intensive pets out there, and I've got my hands full with the menagerie we DO have.

If you are not prepared to actually maintain a pet, then you don't need one.

I have 2 kittens and 2 dogs. They are as time consuming (if not more) as children. My dogs have moved across the country with me. On the upside, living mostly alone, they provide companionship and a reason to stay home. On the downside, trying to take the dogs to the vet by myself is interesting...to say the least. And...they ain't cheap. My after-work routine consists of come home, immediately let one dog out of his crate (he will eat the house if allowed to be loose), open the back door and let them out. While they're out, food and water for all 4. While they're eating, sift kitty litter. This is ALL before I sit down, check email, whatever. The first 30min-1hour after coming home is devoted to critter care. Then it's let the dogs in, let them eat, go lay down on the floor for a friendly cuddle/wrestling match with them. By then, they want to go out again...so I go out and pick up their "presents".

So...if you have a tightly scheduled life (like Erika *smile*), there's no space for critters, especially dogs...they do NOT go out on a schedule, they don't do ANYTHING on a schedule...one night the kittens are wrestling and running all over the house at 6pm, the next night, they're being cuddlebugs with me at 6pm. Who knows!

I often say it's like having a house full of 2-year olds...the only upside is I can leave them home alone while I'm at work...trips? Forget it.

Archived