IGNORED

So remember that dog Erika Shupe got?

16strong

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good lord, she's a special one, ain't she? can't learn from experience for shit.

I really hope she gave the puppy to another family! If so, the puppy is probably better off. She's probably going to be as strict with this new puppy as she is her kids.

It was probably a perfectly normal dog that had a breakdown from not fitting in precisely in the sh*t storm that is Erika Shupe's organizational perfectionism. Maybe it wanted to go outside and play. Maybe it got on the couch. Maybe it licked Erika's hand. Maybe she was holding it up, face to face, laying down household rules and it put its tongue in her mouth while trying to lick her face. I'm guessing the real problem is the dog was not putting up its toys.

Let's hope it went to a "normal" home.

I loooove putting "normal" in ironic scare quotes in this context.

I wonder what "issues" she was having...and where the poor dog ended up.

If you go to their public Large Families on Purpose Facebook page and scroll down to November 23, she reaches out to her readers asking for training suggestions. Really lengthy to quote, but dog was having separation anxiety, and peeing/pooping all over when left unattended. Pretty sad for dog, but pretty entertaining description of Erika having to scrape poo out of everything in house after an event. So many FJers have rightly predicted how poorly having pets would go in this house. Was older dog just overwhelmed in their home? Hope it's better with new puppy.

Erika has no chance with a puppy. Babies are babies, nomatter what species, and they all have high care requirements. It will make noises at night, pee on the floor and chew things it isn't supposed to. She only managed human babies by feeding them every 3 hours, leaving them to cry and blanket training.

Erika has no chance with a puppy. Babies are babies, nomatter what species, and they all have high care requirements. It will make noises at night, pee on the floor and chew things it isn't supposed to. She only managed human babies by feeding them every 3 hours, leaving them to cry and blanket training.

it'll only end in tears

one of the posters on fb pointed this out (emphasis):

We brought home our baby Shih Tzu last month. When I took her to the vet I was told the puppy was very sick and we returned her to the breeder. It's so hard on kids to bring home a new puppy and then have it gone a few days later!

i wonder if this was an attempt to subtly tell erika that if it doesn't work out, just stoppit already?

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Erika has just traded one set of problems for another. Good luck with that, Erika.

If she let her kids cry for hours, how will she cope with a barking/whining dog for hours? "smile"... at her discomfort, not the poor dog's.

Yes, this. She has no clue what she's in for with a puppy. I guarantee you, she will "rehome" this one as well.

In the photos on FB, there was some kind of toddler fence set up right behind the kids. I'm guessing the puppy is fenced into the kitchen or some other restricted space with vinyl flooring.

In the photos on FB, there was some kind of toddler fence set up right behind the kids. I'm guessing the puppy is fenced into the kitchen or some other restricted space with vinyl flooring.

Nah, that's probably to keep her kids (teenagers included) in. :P

In other news, she will be surprised how fast a puppy can tear up vinyl kitchen flooring. Ask me how I know.

Puppies are cute, and then they hit adolescence and make you rethink ever getting a dog. That's just for dogs are. How long before the puppy is gone? I give until 1st week on February.

LOL Howl. French kissing is definitely a no no although if it were to happen she should be grateful. Not many men nor beast would be tempted :lol: Having stated that, my nine month hound from hell bully has frenched me three times today, stuck his head in my crotch and humped my leg. He was neutered at four months so not sure how long or if ever that will end. He's been to training and manners class..twice. If Erica wanted a smart dog, she should've gone for a mix. Plus a rescue puppy would have been super frugal *smile* *dumbass*

The only kind of easily trainable (housebreakable, anyway- we know a few that tear up in agility!) Shih Tzu that exists is a stuffed one. x.x

I'm looking at my sweet Shih Tzu as I type, but QFT!

I bet she couldn't train it to stop shedding and its hair didn't match the furniture. *smile* *cheer*

But that's why it's called FUR-niture...isn't it? :shock:

LOL Howl. French kissing is definitely a no no although if it were to happen she should be grateful. Not many men nor beast would be tempted :lol: Having stated that, my nine month hound from hell bully has frenched me three times today, stuck his head in my crotch and humped my leg. He was neutered at four months so not sure how long or if ever that will end. He's been to training and manners class..twice. If Erica wanted a smart dog, she should've gone for a mix. Plus a rescue puppy would have been super frugal *smile* *dumbass*

Most rescues are vetted,and usually neutered. However, she probably couldn't pass the basic questionnaire most rescues have.

Most rescues are vetted,and usually neutered. However, she probably couldn't pass the basic questionnaire most rescues have.

True that. I imagine the third *smile* in the first paragraph would be the deal breaker.

Archived