IGNORED

New special: Escaping Polygamy

I question the story about the mother thinking about leaving. If she's really thinking about it and worried that her husband will find out- why the f*ck is she talking about it on national tv? Doesn't she think he might find out about it?

According to wikipedia the Kingston group used to have outer garments but there isn't any mention of temple garments.

During the first years of the Davis County Cooperative Society, Kingston and his followers wore unique outer garments that led to people referring to them as "blue-coats." Men and boys wore blue coverall-type suits tied with strings; women and girls wore plain blue dresses. As a symbol of their renunciation of worldly goods, the outer clothing contained no pockets in which possession could be carried, although later an inside pocket was provided for the sanitary measure of carrying a handkerchief.

I was pretty disappointed in this "documentary." It was very similar to Escaping the Prophet. I don't need to see fake rescues and re-enactments of leaving the cult. I find the story interesting as is. Just tell me the truth!

I worked for a Kingston run business. I did not know it was a kngston busines u til I had Ben working there for a few weeks. I got out when I found a different job.

It is true that they use children to do dangerous labor. I will not name specific incidents but I have seen it.

I did not feel comfortable giving specifics.

Archived