IGNORED

Another gem from Fisheaters....

FaustianSlip

Oh, and here's the link to another Catholic forum where shit really hit the fan after the civil marriage announcement, for those who want to go deeper in the rabbit hole.

cathinfo.com/catholic.php/FishEaters-Insanity-2

is this that "another forum" several posters mentioned?

Yep, I believe so. I just did a bit of googling for Vox and Quis's names on a site that wasn't Fisheaters and tracked them down quite quickly. You can see where the person they refer to repeatedly in the Fisheaters "We're getting married!" thread is holding forth on the various ways in which they're violating canon law.

The funny thing is that I actually agree with him in the sense that they're clearly not following Catholic teaching (let alone pre-Vatican II teaching) about divorce, cohabitation, et cetera. Now, I don't personally care about that- live with whoever you want to, as far as I'm concerned, but if you're going to put yourself out there as a face of traditional Catholicism, justifying all kinds of homophobic, anti-Semitic and generally hateful rhetoric with, "Don't blame me, it's just what the Church teaches! Take your problems up with G-d!", then you damn well better be adhering to those rules when they don't suit you and aren't conveniently aligned with stuff you want to do, anyway. It's all fun and games to use Church teachings to justify Holocaust denial and Jew hating, but having to take a step back and not live with the guy you like because at least one of you is still married in the eyes of the Catholic Church? Well, just look at all of those excuses and justifications come pouring out. At least have the courage of your convictions, however idiotic they might be. And if I'd been someone who was following Fisheaters and participating there because I believed it stood for strict adherence to Catholic teachings and looked upon either of those guys as an example to aspire to, I would have been pretty pissed off.

Yep, I believe so. I just did a bit of googling for Vox and Quis's names on a site that wasn't Fisheaters and tracked them down quite quickly. You can see where the person they refer to repeatedly in the Fisheaters "We're getting married!" thread is holding forth on the various ways in which they're violating canon law.

The funny thing is that I actually agree with him in the sense that they're clearly not following Catholic teaching (let alone pre-Vatican II teaching) about divorce, cohabitation, et cetera. Now, I don't personally care about that- live with whoever you want to, as far as I'm concerned, but if you're going to put yourself out there as a face of traditional Catholicism, justifying all kinds of homophobic, anti-Semitic and generally hateful rhetoric with, "Don't blame me, it's just what the Church teaches! Take your problems up with G-d!", then you damn well better be adhering to those rules when they don't suit you and aren't conveniently aligned with stuff you want to do, anyway. It's all fun and games to use Church teachings to justify Holocaust denial and Jew hating, but having to take a step back and not live with the guy you like because at least one of you is still married in the eyes of the Catholic Church? Well, just look at all of those excuses and justifications come pouring out. At least have the courage of your convictions, however idiotic they might be. And if I'd been someone who was following Fisheaters and participating there because I believed it stood for strict adherence to Catholic teachings and looked upon either of those guys as an example to aspire to, I would have been pretty pissed off.

ooo, good. i was wondering what other forum they were talking about.

side note, i think one poster even mentioned the fisheaters as being the "most popular" or "most well-known" forum or something to that affect, and i was like...it's obviously been around for a long time, at least as long as i've been posting in forums, and i've never heard of it! lol. maybe he meant most popular group for THEM but the initial wording made it seem like pretty much everybody visits that forum. :P

and yeah, i agree with you, on the whole marriage thing. it just seems weird. granted, i didn't even know all of that about catholic marriage, but now that i know, those posts seem really weird. i mean, i understand being catholic and having both a catholic and civil ceremony, but i would have staved off the civil ceremony until the catholic one took place (if i was inclined to such beliefs). but then, in the second thread, didn't vox divorce quis? or leave him, or something? so much for living happily ever after forever and ever, or however it was termed.

Yeah, I read that thing about "the most popular forum on the internet" and had to laugh. Whatever you say, guy.

My impression from the second thread was that Quis was disengaging from Vox for... reasons. She insists that he didn't have some kind of affair with that Laura chick, because he insists that, and she believes him, apparently, but he won't discuss what did or didn't happen with her, and these two are the same folks who were apparently carrying on some kind of online relationship while they were still married to other people, so who knows? Based on that second thread, it looks like their marriage to one another lasted all of a few years. I wonder if they ever actually got sacramentally married- of course, that was always going to be predicated on whether Quis was able to get an annulment, which was why the civil marriage thing seemed so bizarre. What happens if he can't get an annulment? None of it makes any sense.

Yeah, I read that thing about "the most popular forum on the internet" and had to laugh. Whatever you say, guy.

My impression from the second thread was that Quis was disengaging from Vox for... reasons. She insists that he didn't have some kind of affair with that Laura chick, because he insists that, and she believes him, apparently, but he won't discuss what did or didn't happen with her, and these two are the same folks who were apparently carrying on some kind of online relationship while they were still married to other people, so who knows? Based on that second thread, it looks like their marriage to one another lasted all of a few years. I wonder if they ever actually got sacramentally married- of course, that was always going to be predicated on whether Quis was able to get an annulment, which was why the civil marriage thing seemed so bizarre. What happens if he can't get an annulment? None of it makes any sense.

When I met Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2, I had already been married and divorced and undergone a church annulment. His annulment process was underway during our engagement, and my pastor recommended that we have a civil ceremony to show the archdiocese that we were committed to marrying in the Church. My pastor was the local vicar of priests and an expert in canon law; he cited the fact that there's precedent for civil marriages preceding religious ones (cf. certain European countries). Several months after our civil wedding, we had a religious ceremony at the rectory. At the beginning of the ceremony, the priest said that, since time immemorial, the Church recognized unions entered into in good will. The vows went, "[Name], you ARE my husband/wife," which surprised me, as it recognized our civil union as valid.

(Fast-forward three decades, and I doubt I would go through such ecclesiastical hoops nowadays. In any event, both Ex-Mr.-Hanes have gone on to their last reward.)

Here's another post summarizing the "Quis takes over the forum and there's a troll named Laura that faked her own death" drama.

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3441980.0

Vox's comments: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3442135.0

Laura drama threads. I didn't read all of them when I was going down the rabbit hole a while back:

Laura's roommate appears (not an interesting thread, just showing the extent of the fake):

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3437364.0

Oh, her fake mother shows up, too: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3439379.0

Please pray for the troll:

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3437651.0

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3437635.0

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3437787.0

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3438016.0

Announcement of Laura's non-death: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3438452.0

Announcement of funeral service: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3439311.0

Memorial thread to commemorate her non-death: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3438465.0

Quis discusses the drama: fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3438656.0

Denouement

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3441973.0

fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=3441973.0

Ah, yes, the fake deathbed conversion! I had kind of forgotten about that, but now I remember it vividly. I read through those threads a year or so ago myself and remember thinking as I was reading how completely obvious it was that this woman was either trolling everyone or didn't exist at all. The whole thing with her suddenly converting, then winding up in the hospital, then the deathbed vigils.... It was just absurd. I still can't believe that no one figured out that it was all a lie.

It boggles my mind that Vox still has the site at all, after all of that drama, but probably nothing should surprise me anymore.

Multiple posters told Quis that they suspected it was all a lie by PM, figuring it was better to do it in private than to risk hurting the girl if she were, by some small chance, for real. He poo poo'd them all.

Multiple posters told Quis that they suspected it was all a lie by PM, figuring it was better to do it in private than to risk hurting the girl if she were, by some small chance, for real. He poo poo'd them all.

I have a hard time believing that Laura/roommate/mother/etc were NOT Quis.

Archived