IGNORED

And the man just won't stay gone - Mark Driscoll

Dark Matters

Sort of like a zombie, Driscoll has risen again with a new website.

patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2014/12/23/mark-driscoll-launches-new-official-website/

Oh, Mark. You really believe they just can't quit you.

In the first part of his bio, sandwiched between his bona fides letting us know exactly how Very Important & influential Pastor MarkTM is, there's this gem: I'm just a Nobody trying to tell Everybody about Somebody.

And it is all about Pastor MarkTM this and Pastor MarkTM that, which tells you everything you need to know about his future plans.

Oh, and you can donate to Pastor MarkTM on his Web site, to support getting his Very Important Sermons out there to the people who just can't quit him. Who wouldn't want to support him during this season of Web site?

Pompous. Ass.

i wonder how long this is going to last :roll: isn't that rico investigation supposed to start soon?

i wonder how long this is going to last :roll: isn't that rico investigation supposed to start soon?

I can't even imagine what his legal bills are going to be. Astronomical, I'm sure.

I find it SUPER weird that the template is so very similar to the old Mars Hill site. Like I'm wondering if their web designer isn't working for him now?

OMG.

I just got to the "media" page. It looks like he's retaining all the rights to his sermons. I was wondering about that a few months ago. He has years of material that he generated at Mars Hill. I was wondering who would own all that. I guess that's my answer.

This also makes me wonder what will happen to the Mars Hill app that current has all of Mark's sermons going back as far as 2008.

OMG.

I just got to the "media" page. It looks like he's retaining all the rights to his sermons. I was wondering about that a few months ago. He has years of material that he generated at Mars Hill. I was wondering who would own all that. I guess that's my answer.

This also makes me wonder what will happen to the Mars Hill app that current has all of Mark's sermons going back as far as 2008.

Thanks for finding that, jerkit.

This takes legalism to a whole new level. I'm wondering if, even back then, he was copywriting his sermons.

On the Media page, "Doctrine, What Every Christian Should Know" is "branded" as part of the Mars Hill Sermon Series. That link is broken.

He is trying to continue the Pastor MarkTM brand. I'm sure there are major PR consultants involved.

Thanks for finding that, jerkit.

This takes legalism to a whole new level. I'm wondering if, even back then, he was copywriting his sermons.

On the Media page, "Doctrine, What Every Christian Should Know" is "branded" as part of the Mars Hill Sermon Series. That link is broken.

He is trying to continue the Pastor MarkTM brand. I'm sure there are major PR consultants involved.

all the consultants in the world ain't gonna help him once he gets to court. he should be investing in lawyers and legal help, not pr and copyrighting and all that. it's like he's focusing on the little details and he's in denial about the serious shitstorm he's about to be in.

all the consultants in the world ain't gonna help him once he gets to court. he should be investing in lawyers and legal help, not pr and copyrighting and all that. it's like he's focusing on the little details and he's in denial about the serious shitstorm he's about to be in.

I find it curious that Grace is so prominent on the new site. Her face is front and center while his is to the side. This is entirely speculative, but I wonder if he would put everything to do with the new brand/company in her name just in case?

I find it curious that Grace is so prominent on the new site. Her face is front and center while his is to the side. This is entirely speculative, but I wonder if he would put everything to do with the new brand/company in her name just in case?

that's an interesting thought. would that matter, though, since they're married? either way, it seems like he's putting his wife in a sticky situation, ethics-wise.

that's an interesting thought. would that matter, though, since they're married? either way, it seems like he's putting his wife in a sticky situation, ethics-wise.

What I’m saying is if he were in jail, she could run their ministry under his direction.

What I’m saying is if he were in jail, she could run their ministry under his direction.

ahhhh okay. if that's the case, i still think it's a pretty sticky ethical situation. but of course i'm sure she would receive ample "direction" from "the lord" (aka marky boy, from jail). :roll:

If the RICO investigation digs up enough to convene a grand jury and Driscoll goes to trial. Will he do a prison ministry series, like George Bluth did on Arrested Development with his prison series "Caged Wisdom"?

There's enough stuff on the Web re: Mark Driscoll and his misogyny with a basic 30 second Google search to ensure any woman with an IQ above room temperature would avoid any "ministry" of his like the plague. Prospective female congregants might also enjoy reading about his belief in "complementarism" (still a fancy word for patriarchy). Give him your money, ladies, and shut the hell up!

I'm sure he thinks putting his wife front and center on the website will attract the chicks, too. :lol:

OMG.

I am wondering how he managed to retain all rights to any work product produced at Mars Hill. The IP attorney that negotiated my last contract makes an extra effort to alert his clients that even opening a manuscript on their employer's computer at their day job means that employer can legally sue for a portion of royalties from the sale of that manuscript.

If the elders and board of Mars Hill signed off on that arrangement (Driscoll's retaining copyright to all sermons, books, and Mars Hill work product), they are too stupid to run anything at all, IMHO.

Of course he's doing this. He really has no other way to support himself. Might as well use his supporters as much as possible before the end.

Good idea to put the business in Grace's name so it's untouchable.

He's such a cockroach. Soon, Mark, you'll encounter a RICO suit that you can't skitter away from.

Archived