IGNORED

Bria Crawford is Married

Kira

Dog help poor Bria if her husband doesn't turn out to be Mr Perfect. It sure doesn't sound like Momma is setting herself up as a sympathetic ear or support.

(I know, I know...)

Second hand insider info. Kyle ain't Mr. Perfect and he and Bria were married off to squash such "worldly" ideas. Again, this is second hand information from my cousins who live near Kelly. So, take it with a grain of salt.

ETA: My cousins don't know if Kyle actually went to college or not.

Even if he does make it into Med School (hard) AND finds a way to pay for it (how?), he still has to deal with the realities of actually going to Med School, which is long, crazy hours, lots of studying, residency, etc. My mom is in the medical community (after 30 years in the field she is now a director for the 2nd largest hospital chain in the region), and I was raised around doctors, surgeons, therapists, etc. And from the start they all gave me the same advice:

DON'T start a family until after med school.

Not that some of them didn't start families before, but they all said the same thing: it's HARD. Med school is your life. Residency is balls. Most hospitals function on seniority, so when you do get out and do get a job, you're still more than likely getting shafted in terms of schedule/holidays.

It's hard to be there for another person in a meaningful way when you're working 12 hour night shifts in the ER. You come home, your partner wants to talk or do things, and you just want to decompress. If they have kids, she'll basically be a single parent until he gets done.

It's doable, but it's like marriage/family on one of the hardest difficulty settings. It's NOT going to be perfect fun-times, and if that's what she's thinking...I can't see her adjusting to the reality well.

Even if he does make it into Med School (hard) AND finds a way to pay for it (how?), he still has to deal with the realities of actually going to Med School, which is long, crazy hours, lots of studying, residency, etc.

Not to mention all those nekkid bodies he will undoubtedly have to study. Some of them may even have vaginas. :pink-shock:

Headship says around 10-15% of medical school applicants get accepted into ANY program. He used to know the exact number, but he walked away from 3 acceptance slots when our son died. Our plan was that I was going to work full-time and he was going to have to miss several years of the kids lives for his dream. When our son died, he decided that sacrifice was too hard on the other kids and he gave up his dream.

Anyone can declare themselves pre-med. It means something when you actually get that first letter.

And I will tell you something I've never heard discussed. The application cycle costs a small fortune. You can get application fees waived if you are declared a disadvantaged student, but you still have some application fees, your wardrobe, and your travel costs for anywhere you are granted an interview. Those take cold hard cash, and no one will do that for you unless your parents will.

there are lots of hidden costs in medical education. The books can be an enormous cost (this may have changed if many are online now). The matching process, which occurs after graduation, can be very expensive because you have to fly all over creation to interview for residency slots. There are tools to buy, like stethoscopes. There are the different tests you must take along the way, beginning with the MCAT. It all adds up.

I read somewhere (maybe it was here on FJ) that going to med school in the Caribbean is cheaper and/or it's easier to get accepted. I'm not sure about the quality of education you receive, I suppose it would depend on the school, just

like anywhere else in the world. I have a friend whose niece is going to med school in the Dominican Republic (I think). Maybe that's an option for Bria and Mr. Bria? An added bonus would be that they could get far far away from Kelly Two Breasts and try to make a life for themselves without her input.

I read somewhere (maybe it was here on FJ) that going to med school in the Caribbean is cheaper and/or it's easier to get accepted. I'm not sure about the quality of education you receive, I suppose it would depend on the school, just

like anywhere else in the world. I have a friend whose niece is going to med school in the Dominican Republic (I think). Maybe that's an option for Bria and Mr. Bria? An added bonus would be that they could get far far away from Kelly Two Breasts and try to make a life for themselves without her input.

Maybe he's going to attend the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College?

uD7KiSz.png

Archived