IGNORED

Vetting Duggar suitors

lavender

glad someone liked it it just made me think of an employer but far stricter. plus with the number of applicants they could employ someone full time.

Yeah it probably tickled my funny bone at least in part because I once applied for a job and the online app included pages of questions from some psychological torture test, which I clearly failed because I did not even get an interview.

I can just see JB sitting down at the computer to check on applications that passed his screening test LOL.

Kissing probably isn't a big deal, because let's face it, DerickDillard has kissed someone.

But the thought of JB actually asking someone "Have you had sex?" "How intimate have you gotten with someone?" "have you masturbated?" is creepy as fuck.

Kissing probably isn't a big deal, because let's face it, DerickDillard has kissed someone.

But the thought of JB actually asking someone "Have you had sex?" "How intimate have you gotten with someone?" "have you masturbated?" is creepy as fuck.

I hope someone asked JB these questions

I hope someone asked JB these questions

Bet nobody did, yet, his marriage still worked. Unless they have been lying to us this whole time.

Yeah, I highly doubt they have bathroom buddies. I remember on one of the first seasons Michelle was talking about modesty (as usual) and this time, it was about bathroom modesty. Apparently, they teach even the little kids to lock the bathroom door after themselves because it would be immodest if someone walked in on them. :ew: I know as a small child, locking doors terrified me b/c I always thought I'd get stuck in there.

Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I saw a talking head where one of the kids said something about making sure not to take too long in the shower, and looking guilty.

They're fundies and they're looking to marry fundies. It wouldn't be hard to find one who's a virgin. I don't understand this inability to believe that anyone over the age of 25 could possibly be a virgin, when we constantly discuss men here who married in their mid-20s or later and who were almost certainly virgins.

"let's face it, DerickDillard has kissed someone." Really? Was it you? Did he tell you? I've never heard Derick or anyone else make a peep about his dating life (or lack thereof) pre-Jill. The argument that he was popular so he must have at least kissed is strange to me. I was popular and good-looking in university as well, and I got through it without having sex and without even dating anyone. If I had been raised a conservative Christian I may very well have not even kissed or gone on a date by this point in my life.

I think the statistic I read is that 2% of the population over the age of 25 are virgins. That sounds like a small percentage, until you consider how many people 2% of 300 million is.

Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I saw a talking head where one of the kids said something about making sure not to take too long in the shower, and looking guilty.

I think that had more to do with using up the hot water.

They're fundies and they're looking to marry fundies. It wouldn't be hard to find one who's a virgin. I don't understand this inability to believe that anyone over the age of 25 could possibly be a virgin, when we constantly discuss men here who married in their mid-20s or later and who were almost certainly virgins.

"let's face it, DerickDillard has kissed someone." Really? Was it you? Did he tell you? I've never heard Derick or anyone else make a peep about his dating life (or lack thereof) pre-Jill. The argument that he was popular so he must have at least kissed is strange to me. I was popular and good-looking in university as well, and I got through it without having sex and without even dating anyone. If I had been raised a conservative Christian I may very well have not even kissed or gone on a date by this point in my life.

I think the statistic I read is that 2% of the population over the age of 25 are virgins. That sounds like a small percentage, until you consider how many people 2% of 300 million is.

BUT...the word that changes everything, you did not make it through college without having been kissed.

I doubt DD did either- in the real, non-fundie world, there is a big difference and many steps in a relationship between private conversations, dating, kissing and having sex. It's part of what is wrong with the Duggars' approach- all in one day. It's artificial, infantile and absurd to expect a relationship to go from zero to sex all within a couple of hours. Absolutely absurd.

"let's face it, DerickDillard has kissed someone." Really? Was it you? Did he tell you? I've never heard Derick or anyone else make a peep about his dating life (or lack thereof) pre-Jill. The argument that he was popular so he must have at least kissed is strange.

Calm down. I was basing that on the fact that Jill made a HUGE deal out of it being "her first kiss" at the alter, but he said nothing of the sort. If he had never been kissed, he would've said it there to go along with her.

Calm down. I was basing that on the fact that Jill made a HUGE deal out of it being "her first kiss" at the alter, but he said nothing of the sort. If he had never been kissed, he would've said it there to go along with her.

I totally agree with this. I have no doubt there are plenty of virgins in their mid to late twenties, but a male never having kissed someone at all? That's a completely different animal and much, much rarer.

Yeah it probably tickled my funny bone at least in part because I once applied for a job and the online app included pages of questions from some psychological torture test, which I clearly failed because I did not even get an interview.

I can just see JB sitting down at the computer to check on applications that passed his screening test LOL.

wonder if the first question that will boot you or not is are you a virgin or do you believe in god? tuff choice there.

Archived