IGNORED

December Recap

lawfulevil

Tonya's still being super duper boring and posting nothing but recipes and the ah-may-zing Kitchen that Cheaterpants Built. Sigh.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, this isn't really a Tonya thread, she hasn't done anything interesting, I just figure that's enough Tonya-related text for Cabinetman (or whoever is 'monitoring FJ for him') to leave. He stays a lot more amusing days nobody posts about him, and I don't want to ruin a perfectly good hate-read. I pointed out in previous thread that Bob has a pattern of boring posts when we're talking about him and quickly ramping up the offensiveness level whenever we stop. Nothing's changed there- our last thread about him was active from Dec 5-11. He was pretty dull- some pitiful ways to "lay down your life", a little tongue-bathing John Wayne, and lots and lots of copy/pasting scripture and prayers. Yawn. But what does December 12th bring? A fundie Buzzfeed-style list. And then another yesterday. I can't wait to see what we'll get today/tomorrow, this is like the Advent Calendar of Dysfunction.

Some highlights in the lists so far:

Dec 12: #10: Emoticons: Satan's work, or just unpardonably girly? #9: Yes, I beat my children, so what. #6: THE END TIMES ARE COMING. #5: Vegetable salads- possibly not the work of Satan. (Word salad was always OK.) #4: Have I mentioned million dollar houses?

Dec 14: #10: God wants you to shoot something. Probably a bull? #5: Bob, I've got some educational materials about human anatomy to discuss with you... #2: Mention your sex life on the internet. Again. I guess this falls under #6- nausea is marvelous for sticking to my diet. Thanks, Bob! #1: It's not just acquaintances you should make uncomfortable on a regular basis (#3), make sure your family members get their fair share of the awkward.

December 15-16 forecast: Preachy, with a 90% chance of aggravation. Humility at 0%. Wind at John 3:16 miles per hour, blowing due out of Robert's ass.

Interesting recipes but since I don't like to cook- boring!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
:lol: does he qualify as "jumping the shark" yet?

wanting us to shoot something? :roll: I just watched "Alaska: The Last Frontier" and they were helping a friend move to an island but all the cattle had been poached. So since he "moved" to Alaska he must have gone cow hunting. Seriously, what sick person poaches cows? That is just wrong.

Cabinetman is such a fame whore. He wants attention as much as Jill R- he just wants praise for being as big as a mountain and true Christian and after Thoughtful's meme we all know Jill R wants fame for being so modest and pretty and modest :)

hmmm, i might have to try some of those. i'm not going to spring for organic stuff, though. and coconut oil? nah, vegetable oil and butter are good enough for this girl. :P

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i wonder if we should make up a bingo board for his upcoming holiday posts? that could be interesting. :D

Interesting recipes but since I don't like to cook- boring!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
:lol: does he qualify as "jumping the shark" yet?

wanting us to shoot something? :roll: I just watched "Alaska: The Last Frontier" and they were helping a friend move to an island but all the cattle had been poached. So since he "moved" to Alaska he must have gone cow hunting. Seriously, what sick person poaches cows? That is just wrong.

Cabinetman is such a fame whore. He wants attention as much as Jill R- he just wants praise for being as big as a mountain and true Christian and after Thoughtful's meme we all know Jill R wants fame for being so modest and pretty and modest :)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
What would happen if they met? And hooked up? Wouldn't that be a massive explosion of desperation and sad hubris??

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
What would happen if they met? And hooked up? Wouldn't that be a massive explosion of desperation and sad hubris??

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
it's probably best if they don't, so we won't be sucked into a black hole created from the massive gravitational pull exerted by their respective egos.

shoot, i forgot, i don't have any vegetable oil. does anyone know what the ratio is for converting units of vegetable oil to units of butter?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
10. *** Kill something. I’m sure that gets your Christian hackles up. But there are two reasons I’m dead serious about this. First, until the end times when God sends His legions of angels to defend righteousness- it’s up to men to defend righteousness. Many christian men are repulsed at the idea of killing something, even in a hunting scenario. We will call this the wussy effect that modern christianity has on men. Yet the rest of the world, religious and non, which does not believe in righteousness biblically, is all about blood letting- as quickly & as much as possible in fact.

This is the first I've heard or read that Christianists, as with fundamentalists of any flavor, have a problem with killing. Even Buddhist fundamentalists seem to be fine with killing infidels.
If we are to rule this planet as God commands- it’s not a job we can outsource to those who do not believe in God. Peace does not happen when the good guys lay down their guns, only when the bad guys do. Something on four legs is good practice in case the times force you ever have to kill something on two legs. Second, a man needs to understand where his food comes from and that a sacrifice is paid from a living creature.

Better to practice on things with two legs, which is not why I butchered a couple of chickens this weekend, I just got tired of feeding the lazy biddies. And, no, I didn't go looking for a man to do the deed, nor did I take the coward's way out by shooting them. Kill stuff with your bare hands, Robert. Or STFU.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
this is like the Advent Calendar of Dysfunction.

:clap: :lol:

Oh, and the recipes? :sleeping:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well, at least L. Ron could hunt and kill a domesticated cow for Jill's hungry kids. Though I doubt Cupboard could actually dress said cow and Jill would have a hard time storing the meat in her RV. So that plan might not work out too well.

Anyone know the best way to heat up steak without drying it? I have left overs I want to use for a steak, red onion and blue cheese spinach salad and am afeared of toughening it up. It needs to be a little warm.

shoot, i forgot, i don't have any vegetable oil. does anyone know what the ratio is for converting units of vegetable oil to units of butter?

It's usually a straight substitution unless you're at high altitude, in which case overall moisture is sometimes a concern (not usually though).

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I wouldn't trust Robert to butcher an animal correctly. He seems like the kind of person that kills something, then drags it home without bothering to field dress it and presents it to his wife. Like a very fat, bald cat with a gigantic dead mouse. And then you have to act like you're pleased and amazed instead of grossed out so you don't give the fucking cat a complex.

The differences between Boobert and my cat are that my cat DOES remove the guts, and my cat is otherwise pleasant to live with. I suspect my cat misses the litterbox less often, too.

Tonya's still being super duper boring and posting nothing but recipes and the ah-may-zing Kitchen that Cheaterpants Built. Sigh.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, this isn't really a Tonya thread, she hasn't done anything interesting, I just figure that's enough Tonya-related text for Cabinetman (or whoever is 'monitoring FJ for him') to leave. He stays a lot more amusing days nobody posts about him, and I don't want to ruin a perfectly good hate-read. I pointed out in previous thread that Bob has a pattern of boring posts when we're talking about him and quickly ramping up the offensiveness level whenever we stop. Nothing's changed there- our last thread about him was active from Dec 5-11. He was pretty dull- some pitiful ways to "lay down your life", a little tongue-bathing John Wayne, and lots and lots of copy/pasting scripture and prayers. Yawn. But what does December 12th bring? A fundie Buzzfeed-style list. And then another yesterday. I can't wait to see what we'll get today/tomorrow, this is like the Advent Calendar of Dysfunction.

Some highlights in the lists so far:

Dec 12: #10: Emoticons: Satan's work, or just unpardonably girly? #9: Yes, I beat my children, so what. #6: THE END TIMES ARE COMING. #5: Vegetable salads- possibly not the work of Satan. (Word salad was always OK.) #4: Have I mentioned million dollar houses?

Dec 14: #10: God wants you to shoot something. Probably a bull? #5: Bob, I've got some educational materials about human anatomy to discuss with you... #2: Mention your sex life on the internet. Again. I guess this falls under #6- nausea is marvelous for sticking to my diet. Thanks, Bob! #1: It's not just acquaintances you should make uncomfortable on a regular basis (#3), make sure your family members get their fair share of the awkward.

December 15-16 forecast: Preachy, with a 90% chance of aggravation. Humility at 0%. Wind at John 3:16 miles per hour, blowing due out of Robert's ass.

So I tried your 7 layer salad recipe, it was awesome! Super easy since I don't like to cook.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
To the bold about emoticons- I think I figured out why he went off on them- bill Nye just released a video about evolution using emoji mashable.com/2014/12/12/bill-nye-evolution-emoji/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-video

Looking for some good tofu recipes that are suitable for holiday parties!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm new around here and did a quick fj search on this Cabinetman.

Found out enough to know that I wanted to add a post just to mess with him or any minion of his who might be lurking. This guy's writings are so strange. Like, manifesto strange. :?

As for the tofu, I'm a vegetarian. Poor tofu, no one loves you but me. :lol:

Looking for some good tofu recipes that are suitable for holiday parties!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm new around here and did a quick fj search on this Cabinetman.

Found out enough to know that I wanted to add a post just to mess with him or any minion of his who might be lurking. This guy's writings are so strange. Like, manifesto strange. :?

As for the tofu, I'm a vegetarian. Poor tofu, no one loves you but me. :lol:

I'm not vegetarian, but I have severe lactose intolerance, so I actually do have lots of uses for tofu. Desserts, smoothies, you name it. I'm partial to banana cream pie made with silken tofu.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The other thread paid attention to him and now he's back to copy-pasting scripture. I TOLD YOU GUYS. Sigh.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I really like tofu after the vegetarian boyfriend introduced me to it. Tofu is great!

i tried with tofu, i really did, i just can't get past the texture of it. it almost seems like a spam kind of texture (or something like that) and i just can't. my body says no. but i'm kind of weird when it comes to texture. it's the reason i can't drink plain water: it's wet, but there's no taste, and my body doesn't understand that.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
we can always try again, lawful! at least we know exactly how to push his buttons now lol :P

I don't know if you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's, but their "super firm" sounds about like what you're describing. My problem with cheaply made tofu is always wonky texture and that weird aftertaste, but theirs doesn't have that. But yes, you can DEFINITELY press tofu to change the texture. I think you're supposed to? I've got a "tofu press", it doubles as a cheese press (if I'm going to eat milk products at all I have to make them, premade lactose free is just too pricey).

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I wonder who Bob is whining about in his latest post.

I don't know if you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's, but their "super firm" sounds about like what you're describing. My problem with cheaply made tofu is always wonky texture and that weird aftertaste, but theirs doesn't have that. But yes, you can DEFINITELY press tofu to change the texture. I think you're supposed to? I've got a "tofu press", it doubles as a cheese press (if I'm going to eat milk products at all I have to make them, premade lactose free is just too pricey).

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

I need to find a great (easy) dessert to make for this weekend's family Christmas, decisions, decisions. No allergies, no vegan or vegetarians at this party so the dessert world is open for my picking, now to make a decision. think. think. think. (Pooh bear)

Cobblers are easy to make and hard to mess up. I've had success with blueberry, mixed berry (blueberries and strawberries, blueberries and cherries), and chocolate. Lots of recipes on the Google.

I also like semi-unusual things like tapioca pudding, bread pudding, rice pudding.

I know none of those have tofu -- the only way I could think of that in a dessert would be blended into some kind of custard or flan perhaps? But it just doesn't have a desserty taste, so... :disgust:

Also I'll give you my secret to a great pumpkin pie:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A dash of cayenne! Just enough to give it a subtle heat, not anything very noticeable.

Also, I really got a tickle out of how Amanda commented on his previous blog post by saying how much she disliked the Christian bloggers because they were "all about me, me, me" and then Robert promptly posted the next day's post, which coincidentally is all about him, him, him... :lol: :popcorn2:

So Tonya has a post about FlexiClips, and supposedly you can have long hair, and pin your hair up with a flexi clip, and it will stop tension headaches. I have an aunt who can't have her hair long because of headaches. I don't even understand why you would WANT your hair long if you suffered from headaches as a result, but whatever. Anyway, my question is: How can a flexi clip let you wear your hair in a ponytail or something and prevent tension headaches as a result of long hair? If having all that hair on your head is making your head hurt, then how is one little clip going to fix that?

Now I wonder if any fundies, like the Duggars or anyone else who espouses the virtues of long hair ever suffers from tension headaches.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Hi Robert!

I love that we can have a thread about food, Tonya, and Cabinetman all at the same time

Tonya makes a lot of claims about MLM products. Her claims range from unsubstantiated to completely ridiculous. Full disclosure: I'm technically a "Lilla Rose consultant". There's a couple of us running around here (FJ) somewhere. I joined up for the discount, I know a lot of other women who like hair jewelry. It made for nice, small, useful, not terribly expensive Xmas/birthday presents. But they're not perfect by any means.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Don't die of shock here... I have thick, wavy, waist length hair, and despite having reduced price access to the Lilla Rose catalogue... I haven't given up just plain old Scunci hair elastics. I like the LR clips, and I use them, but I have a couple of every size and they are not as fool-proof as LR likes to claim. They work a lot better on some hair textures, thicknesses, and styles than others. Obviously, right? Every other hair accessory does.. but not LR (so they claim)! The MLM-era clips are also simply not as well-made as they were in the Flexi-8 days. Not even close. I've got nearly 10-year old Flexi-8 clips that are still in great shape. Some of my 2014 LR clips that I've only worn a few times already show signs of wear. One (XL, so not too small) snapped the first time I tried to wear it.

And no, of course they don't really make the stress on your head from having heavy hair vanish. No hair accessory defies the laws of physics. If your hairstyle is giving you headaches, you need a trim or a different hairstyle. A bigger clip can distribute the weight further, but that will only help so much.

Any questions about pricing schemes (retail vs consultant discounts), amusing fundie cray (I won't name names, but I'll summarize) in the sekret Facebook groups, or W/E else are welcome, but should definitely be kept hidden.

Archived