IGNORED

Ardnts Working on A New Version of FamTeam!

nelliebelle1197

and they want to shop it to Christian networks.

From Dad's Diary:

December 10, 2014

Wednesday evening, December 10 (9:36 PM)

Several of us (about 10 or so) gathered at 12:30 for a time of prayer and encouragement. We stayed together for a short time (maybe a half-hour), but a lot was accomplished during the meeting. As we talked with each other, I became more convinced than ever that this family will be given new opportunities to reach out in the year 2015.

After the meeting, a few of us (Paul, Mark, Jude, Philip, and I) drove down to the Y center. During our workout, we gave ourselves a good “beating,†torturing ourselves on several different machines.

On our way home, Paul and I talked about a few things that have been on our minds. He and I are enthusiastic about the new FamTeam show, and he is eager to share it with one or more Christian TV networks.

Cathy just dropped into my office room. While here, she showed me the finished version of our 2014 latest family Christmas photo. The image will be placed onto the Christmas cards that we will soon be sending out to our clients.

We are about to gather for our evening prayer and conversation time. If everything goes well, we will find a way to gain some extra sleep tonight. A few of us have been run down physically, and we need to be replenished!

In other news, photos show Luke is looking pretty darn tasty.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who in God's name would want to watch a family of adult men that still live at home?

Are they really that naive and sheltered? Paul is freaking 34! In fundiedom, he should have married a decade ago and by now have 5 or 6 blessings.

There's nobody that would watch Christian TV networks that would be able to relate to this family of 10, almost 11 adult children still living at home.

Who in God's name would want to watch a family of adult men that still live at home?

Are they really that naive and sheltered? Paul is freaking 34! In fundiedom, he should have married a decade ago and by now have 5 or 6 blessings.

There's nobody that would watch Christian TV networks that would be able to relate to this family of 10, almost 11 adult children still living at home.

Not gonna lie, I would probably watch it. :trainwreck:

Maybe it would lead to at least one marriage prospect for one little manboy??? :P

Why? Why? Has something changed in their lives that would justify a new! improved! FamTeam? They've moved on from penguins and ducks, and are now collecting Beanie Babies and tending a flock of sheep?

Or maybe that "beating" down at the Y has more...er...salacious connotations? Hmmmmm....

Well, they are working out in shifts at the Y, sometimes twice a day. That seems a little more intense than in the past. Wonder if Cathy is keeping the manboys on the farm with some 'roids and weight machines?

Off topic, but can you imagine how that room with all the man-boys must SMELL? Good Lord... :ew:

Working out it's probably their replacement for jerking off. How else do they all keep from sinning because they're touching themselves or lusting after another woman. Hell, I'm surprised they aren't working out ten times a day!

The "Y Center"? Who even says that? I'm from the region, and most people say "the Y" or "the YMCA". Whatever.

Sometimes, I think these religious fanatics are all about their "testimonies" and "ministries" as a way of getting validation for their belief in God and way of life. Since you don't actually get any response or interaction with God, putting it on blast for the world to hear is a way of reaffirming to yourself that this is real, this is valid, etc.

ETA: When you give a "testimony" or sermon, and people respond with praise and validation of your message, that would help one cling to one's beliefs, not to mention stroking the old ego.

I suspect that whether the show ever sells or not, or if it ends up a YouTube offering or just a link on their website, it is a way to keep the offspring involved in a "very important project".

The last time I read Daddy Arndt, he was talking about how one of the younger boys was working on the Vine Valley project for the first time and was doing quite a good job. But how much work is there available for that many late teen or adults to be filming, editing, working on scripts and story boards, etc for Vine Freaking Valley famteam.tv/wordpress/vine-valley-project has their current description, where they acknowledge they are filming scenes without a plot or script....

Cults are known to develop never ending projects that once started can be used as leverage to keep people from leaving the group... "All our hard work will be lost if YOU leave" sort of stuff. This may be what they are doing. Or they may really think people want this, or God wants this or whatever... after all, they have had an uptick in their Dads' Corner (or whatever) subscriptions the last few weeks :lol:

All these years, I've been doing it wrong.. I've been planning, plotting, teaching, preparing, and pushing my kids to get the heck OUT of my house at a reasonable age! One down, Three to go! And they are ALL younger than their 30s! :D

Cults are known to develop never ending projects that once started can be used as leverage to keep people from leaving the group... "All our hard work will be lost if YOU leave" sort of stuff.

I think this is likely and I think it's also a way to keep the younger "kids" who are out of school occupied. Younger being anyone who won't be in his 30's next year as the eldest four seem to have a special place within the family and are allowed to work outside the home. Maybe because they did the most work building "the family homestead" or maybe because Rick feels they've been sufficiently brainwashed.

Daddy sometimes speaks of the family's financial problems in his diary, yet no one is allowed to work outside of the three family businesses - computer repair, wedding photography, and the court reporting. And aside from stenography training, no one gets an education past the dining room table. He has 13 sons; how many manboys will be needed for these businesses?

If they hadn't been raised in the Cult o' Rick they would have figured out by now that Vine Valley is never going to be finished. They are actually re-filming older scenes now because everyone has aged and the cameras are better.

IMG_20141208_224858.jpg

Luke must be really frustrated. Look how he is filling out that hockey jersey.

Daddy sometimes speaks of the family's financial problems in his diary, yet no one is allowed to work outside of the three family businesses - computer repair, wedding photography, and the court reporting. And aside from stenography training, no one gets an education past the dining room table. He has 13 sons; how many manboys will be needed for these businesses?

Given they have land, I think it is interesting we don't have more self sufficiency themes from them. We put in 3 very good beds and in a smallish area raised so much food! I canned a lot and froze some and we gave away a lot. Even if mom didn't want to do any of it, the middle boy/men could easily have a garden, learn to can/freeze/preserve the food and instead of ducks, get some chickens for eggs and meat, etc. Other fundies do this, and my sister who is not fundie does it.

I am surprised they haven't done this already... maybe they do and I just don't know it.

and they want to shop it to Christian networks.

From Dad's Diary:

December 10, 2014

Wednesday evening, December 10 (9:36 PM)

Several of us (about 10 or so) gathered at 12:30 for a time of prayer and encouragement. We stayed together for a short time (maybe a half-hour), but a lot was accomplished during the meeting. As we talked with each other, (after reading my fortune cookie from lunch) I became more convinced than ever that this family will be given new opportunities to reach out in the year 2015.

After the meeting, a few of us (Paul, Mark, Jude, Philip, and I) drove down to the Y center (for us normal people the Y or YMCA). During our workout, we gave ourselves a good “beating,†torturing ourselves on several different machines.

On our way home, Paul and I talked about a few things that have been on our minds. He and I are enthusiastic about the new FamTeam show, and he is eager to share it with one or more Christian TV networks.

(Caution: Random thought flying in!) Cathy just dropped into my office room (otherwise known as "the office" or "home office"). While here, she showed me the finished version of our 2014 latest family Christmas photo that will be on the card we are sending out to clients. The image will be placed onto the Christmas cards that we will soon be sending out to our clients. What did I just read? 6th grader paragraph? I had to correct the redundancy of this information.

We are about to gather for our evening prayer and conversation time. If everything goes well, we will find a way to gain some extra sleep tonight. (Going to bed at 7:30) A few of us have been run down physically, and we need to be replenished!

In other news, photos show Luke is looking pretty darn tasty.

:clap: bravo nelliebelle1197 that you read his posts so faithfully. I have a very hard time reading his posts. He writes so awkwardly. I made some translation marks and corrected a sentence. Don't mind me, I am still in grading mode after reading my student's short answers to a test.

It can only be done in large chunks when I am avoiding something I should be doing or folding laundry. It is a strange world in Dad's Diary.

Luke-boy, get in the truck drive to St. Louis swoon on the desk of a female attorney and you'll have a gig soon as a court reporter all on your own. You can have sex, eat crap, have sex, make your own money, have sex....... :lol:

Luke-boy, get in the truck drive to St. Louis swoon on the desk of a female attorney and you'll have a gig soon as a court reporter all on your own. You can have sex, eat crap, have sex, make your own money, have sex....... :lol:

There is something about Luke that makes me wonder if a female attorney would be his taste..... :wink-kitty:

Not gonna lie, I would probably watch it. :trainwreck:

Yup. I have watched all their previous videos on YouTube, searching for any signs of life/testosterone. They are fascinatingly boring. The 5 or 6 oldest boy-men took a trip to Florida together without Ma and Pa. They went to a beach and apparently did not notice any women in swimsuits. They just frolicked in the waves like five-year-olds.

Has anyone ever asked them (do they allow comments anywhere) why none of their kids are married? Don't they have like 10 well into adult sons who are not marries or courting or anything? How come no one has called them on it?

Has anyone ever asked them (do they allow comments anywhere) why none of their kids are married? Don't they have like 10 well into adult sons who are not marries or courting or anything? How come no one has called them on it?

This video is 6 years old, but it's a non-fundie blogger interviewing Daddy. He spouts his usual BS, but she does try to pin him down on the issue starting at about the 8 minute mark. "That's a pretty remarkable record", said she.

bloggingheads.tv/videos/1424

This video is 6 years old, but it's a non-fundie blogger interviewing Daddy. He spouts his usual BS, but she does try to pin him down on the issue starting at about the 8 minute mark. "That's a pretty remarkable record", said she.

bloggingheads.tv/videos/1424

I liked that one of the topic headings on the video was "200 Grandchildren"

I am mid 50s, have zero children and have exactly the same number of son/daughters in law or grandchildren as the Ardnts. They'd better step it up if there are going to be 200 grandkids-- or 100-- or 10!

Archived