IGNORED

Amy & king dill pickle

Milly-Molly-Mandy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's his username on Instagram. His name is Dillon King (his name is in his public profile, so not divulging anything sacred here).

And yes, they're back together. The cheating was pretty much confirmed. She messed around with a guy on a girl's trip to Florida.

That's his username on Instagram. His name is Dillon King (his name is in his public profile, so not divulging anything sacred here).

And yes, they're back together. The cheating was pretty much confirmed. She messed around with a guy on a girl's trip to Florida.

How do we know this?

If they're back together (and it looks like they are), I bet she's engaged in 2015.

She's, what, 28? She's starting to creep up into an age group where it's not really cute and charming to live with your folks anymore. She seems really nice and like she'd probably be fun to be around, but damn girl. What have you been doing for the 10 years since you graduated high school? I just get the feeling she'll want to be married asap because it's just seems like the "next step."

Amy seems to be a natural with kids - I think she would be a great mom and just doesn't want to talk about it much because she wants to distance herself from the Duggars, and understandably so. But I can easily see her getting married soon and having a kid right away and being very happy in that life. I definitely think the times Amy is most fun to watch on the show is when she is with all the J'kids. She is definitely happy around children!

I may not be winning anyone over as a friend saying this but I don't think that cousin Amy is the brightest bulb in the box. In a way that after high school she never enjoyed any further education, a condition which has been going on for 10 years now and it shows. There's furthermore no point at which she's actually thinking ahead. Plus, there's the Duggar-usual anti-intellectualism and lack of critical thinking and pushing of an anti-choice, anti-women, anti-freedom agenda.

If they're back together (and it looks like they are), I bet she's engaged in 2015.

She's, what, 28? She's starting to creep up into an age group where it's not really cute and charming to live with your folks anymore. She seems really nice and like she'd probably be fun to be around, but damn girl. What have you been doing for the 10 years since you graduated high school? I just get the feeling she'll want to be married asap because it's just seems like the "next step."

Amy seems to be a natural with kids - I think she would be a great mom and just doesn't want to talk about it much because she wants to distance herself from the Duggars, and understandably so. But I can easily see her getting married soon and having a kid right away and being very happy in that life. I definitely think the times Amy is most fun to watch on the show is when she is with all the J'kids. She is definitely happy around children!

As a 28 year old who didn't move out of her parents house until last year, and only because I moved across the country, I felt uncomfortable reading that. I mean yea, being married would be great, I would love to be married, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to rush into anything. And Amy's a lot more of a "wild child" than I am, so I don't see her rushing into the marriage thing either. I mean, they could get married quickly because they've been friends for so long, but they could also take things slowly. I know that when I got back with my ex boyfriend (who was also my best friend) a couple years ago, we moved really slowly and really carefully just to make sure we were doing it for the "right" reasons and not just because it was comfortable. It ended up being because it was "comfortable" and we broke up again, for the last time, about a year and a half after getting back together. People expected us to get married because it was "the next logical step at the ripe old age of 26," and were even starting to talk about things like our future kids. It was really awkward for us, even when we thought we were in love, because we weren't ready to commit like that.

Also, being good with kids doesn't mean someone's going to rush into getting married. I've been a nanny for the past 10 years and I love kids, but I'm not going to go get married as soon as possible just because of that. At 28, I have plenty of time to have kids. And so does Amy.

As far as "distancing herself" from her Duggar relatives goes, the answer is no. She posted an Instagram today of her doing talking head segments for future Duggar show episodes. So there's that.

As for the cheating, that came straight out from KDP's Instagram posts. She fucked him over but good; he was CRUSHED. He did all but call her a slut; it was quite evident what happened, and put together with Famy's posts at the time, with pics and tags to a guy she met in Florida, with whom. It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what had happened.

There is a person named "king dill pickle"?

I can't even... :/

I'm sure that this is not at all a sexual metaphor. Right? These are God-fearing modest biblethumpers we are talking about. :D

As a 28 year old who didn't move out of her parents house until last year, and only because I moved across the country, I felt uncomfortable reading that. I mean yea, being married would be great, I would love to be married, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to rush into anything. And Amy's a lot more of a "wild child" than I am, so I don't see her rushing into the marriage thing either. I mean, they could get married quickly because they've been friends for so long, but they could also take things slowly. I know that when I got back with my ex boyfriend (who was also my best friend) a couple years ago, we moved really slowly and really carefully just to make sure we were doing it for the "right" reasons and not just because it was comfortable. It ended up being because it was "comfortable" and we broke up again, for the last time, about a year and a half after getting back together. People expected us to get married because it was "the next logical step at the ripe old age of 26," and were even starting to talk about things like our future kids. It was really awkward for us, even when we thought we were in love, because we weren't ready to commit like that.

Also, being good with kids doesn't mean someone's going to rush into getting married. I've been a nanny for the past 10 years and I love kids, but I'm not going to go get married as soon as possible just because of that. At 28, I have plenty of time to have kids. And so does Amy.

Living at home in your 20s isn't odd or wrong in itself. Amy just seemingly does nothing but occasional part-time nannying jobs with no apparent goals besides a music career that she is honestly probably too old to still reasonably believe is a feasible option. She just seems like someone who has not really developed into an independent woman all around. I think it can be wise to stay home if you've got a good family situation and use it to save up money, but I don't really get the impression that is what she's doing.

I think maybe you're just comparing your own situation to Amy's too much. Obviously, I am not suggesting that Amy is running out of time or should rush into marriage or have kids - quite the opposite. For most people, marriage isn't (or shouldn't be) just the "next logical step." I've been in a relationship for over 5 years and still have no interest in being married - I obviously do not think marriage SHOULD just be "the next logical step." But for a lot of people, it is, and that's undeniable. I know a LOT of people (many who I think are a bit smarter and wiser than Amy...) who DID get married just because it was the next step despite having significant problems or warning signs in their relationship. And I do have to say just purely as my own personal guess that I could see Amy being that way.

Amy might wear different clothes and listen to secular music, but I think people are forgetting that she is still very conservative and religious and has said several times before that her end goal is still to be a wife and mom. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just personally, I expect her to be married soon, and I bet it will be to this guy. That's just my speculation, of course.

I wonder what she's doing all year long besides some part-time nannying and butchering Amazing grace every chance she gets...

Is she doing housework? Working out all day? Helping grandma Mary stay sane?

If she's still living at home she might not have to pay for rent, food, electricity, water, internet, taxes etc.

Quite honestly, I don't think Amy has any clue about effing real life and what it takes to be an independent, grown-up person. If she was really into music, she could have done A LOT more than waiting on a producer to just show up at her door and offering her the chance of a lifetime. She could have taken college classes (even at a CC), learn to play an instrument, join a professional choir, take singing lessons from a professional singer etc. As far as we know, she hasn't done anything like that which just shows again, she has no clue. :shifty:

I guess she's just waiting on a guy to show up, marry her and have him take over all RL responsibilities.

Yes Amy is getting older but one thing about her is her Mom and Dad did not get married for quite some time so she may still getting in her Daddy time, what of it? Until we see a show with her parents moaning that she won't move out we really should not worry about it. One of our kids stayed longer than we expected but it didn't cost us anything and she got a good start when she moved out to an apartment in big bad Houston.

Yes Amy is getting older but one thing about her is her Mom and Dad did not get married for quite some time so she may still getting in her Daddy time, what of it? Until we see a show with her parents moaning that she won't move out we really should not worry about it. One of our kids stayed longer than we expected but it didn't cost us anything and she got a good start when she moved out to an apartment in big bad Houston.

'Daddy time'? That's... kind of weird. There's no reason she couldn't have a great, close relationship with her dad while not living in the same house as him. And if you're implying that she may be remaining at home to try and live out the childhood and adolescence she never had with her father (and we don't know that she never had that) at the age of 28... yeah, that's not really healthy. So I hope not.

Well it could be her parents are also to blame as to why she's still living at home. I've seen this happen when the parents don't want an empty nest, they make it very accommodating for the child to stay. Does Amy have siblings? But like it's been said, there are other red flags, the zero confidence about driving a long distance alone, not really having a tangible career, etc.

Well it could be her parents are also to blame as to why she's still living at home. I've seen this happen when the parents don't want an empty nest, they make it very accommodating for the child to stay. Does Amy have siblings? But like it's been said, there are other red flags, the zero confidence about driving a long distance alone, not really having a tangible career, etc.

I agree, and I know several people who are desperately trying to keep their children (some even older than Amy) at home. People who are approaching 30 and their mom still makes them dental appointments... :roll: I think any parent who thinks they are doing their adult child any favors by letting them live at home for 10+ years beyond high school is delusional. I know a 29 year old who still lives at home who has only ever had part-time jobs paying under $9/hr, has never had a promotion, nothing. Is there anything "wrong" with it? Well, no, it's her life alone. But now she's 29 and would basically be starting at nothing if she decided to pursue a career. No full-time experience, no supervisory or managerial or technical experience, has dropped out of several different academic programs. As a parent, you have to make the decision of whether you're OK with enabling them to be in that situation. Personally, I wouldn't be. But I'm not Amy's mom. :D

I think it's pretty bizarre to suggest that Amy needs to meet her "daddy time" quota, too. She's a 28 year old, grown ass woman. Come on now.

And no, Amy doesn't have any siblings.

I agree with most of what you said but wanted to point out that there are tons of people who suffer from driving anxiety (myself included) which makes it impossible to drive long distances on the freeway especially alone. And it sucks because a lot of people just laugh it off when you try to mention your fear. Not saying Amy has this problem but I am willing to cut her some slack here.

I'm not really one to disparage choices like living at home or only working part time. If it's working for everyone involved, who cares? There isn't one right way to live and the sooner you realize that in my opinion the happier and more relaxed you become. But the thing with Amy is that she claims she has this dream, but she doesn't seem to actually want to work for it. I think she probably really wants to get married, have a couple kids, maybe work part time and volunteer at church or the kids' school. That's great, but things don't always work out the way you want or plan and it's like she has no back-up. If singing were actually her dream in life she'd be working a hell of a lot harder at it.

I'm not really one to disparage choices like living at home or only working part time. If it's working for everyone involved, who cares? There isn't one right way to live and the sooner you realize that in my opinion the happier and more relaxed you become. But the thing with Amy is that she claims she has this dream, but she doesn't seem to actually want to work for it. I think she probably really wants to get married, have a couple kids, maybe work part time and volunteer at church or the kids' school. That's great, but things don't always work out the way you want or plan and it's like she has no back-up. If singing were actually her dream in life she'd be working a hell of a lot harder at it.

This^.

Basically what I said and what I think as well!

Archived