IGNORED

Pa Keller creepy vibe

Jenirishdancer

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm fairly new here. Does anyone else get a creepy vibe from Pa Keller? I can't put my finger on it but something totally creeps me out whenever he is on. I don't mean to sound offensive toward him just a feeling I get!

i get what you're saying. but people of his ilk creep me out in general, so the weird vibe i get from him isn't really any different than any older guy like him. i actually used to go to church with a guy who was almost exactly like him...very strict fundamentalist, soft spoken, resourceful, frugal, fairly hardworking, and passionate about ministry.

I don't get the creep vibe from him, and I have come to trust my "Jerk-dar," honed over MANY years surrounded by jerks, and tested out many times since. I get the, "he's not too bright," vibe, and I abhor the positions he's put his daughters in with their marriages, but I suspect that what you see is what he is; he's a not-too-bright patriarchal fundamentalist. Which, in itself, is bad enough.

I don't get the creep vibe from him, and I have come to trust my "Jerk-dar," honed over MANY years surrounded by jerks, and tested out many times since. I get the, "he's not too bright," vibe, and I abhor the positions he's put his daughters in with their marriages, but I suspect that what you see is what he is; he's a not-too-bright patriarchal fundamentalist. Which, in itself, is bad enough.

Roger that part for sure!! That is part of it but there is more for me not sure what!! What is your David Waller impression? Mine is he is potentially verbally abusive, beyond controlling, fake, insensitive, and more!!

I get a VERY bad vibe from David, and I worry for poor Priscilla. He is fake. I know people on here chafe at making assumptions about people's sexuality when we don't really know, but I think he's gay, he's repressed, he's frustrated, and he's angry. OK, I'll accept that I don't KNOW whether he's gay, but I do know that he is angry. REALLY angry. I HOPE (best case scenario) that, one day, he is able to accept himself and live a genuine life. That would devastate Priscilla and the kids, but it won't be insurmountable. Worst case scenario is that his frustration grows and he takes it out on Pris, either slowly, daily, in small ways or he just blows his top. I think he's probably doing the slowly, daily thing to her now.

Roger that part for sure!! That is part of it but there is more for me not sure what!! What is your David Waller impression? Mine is he is potentially verbally abusive, beyond controlling, fake, insensitive, and more!!

One thing that makes me wonder about the Kellers is how shut-down the mom seems to be. Really, she seems like a shell. I have to wonder what is going on there. I don't get "abused" from the kids, though. I mean, abused in the traditional sense of physical/sexual/emotional abuse. Again, marrying those girls off to the likes of John Shraeder is another kind of abuse.

One thing that makes me wonder about the Kellers is how shut-down the mom seems to be. Really, she seems like a shell. I have to wonder what is going on there. I don't get "abused" from the kids, though. I mean, abused in the traditional sense of physical/sexual/emotional abuse. Again, marrying those girls off to the likes of John Shraeder is another kind of abuse.

ma keller actually reminds me a lot of my mum when we were in fundie-land, even down to the coke-bottle glasses. it makes me sad, not only for ma keller, but also because my own mum has come a LONG way out of fundamentalism (and which i am very proud of her for!). she's divorced, drinks, watches all manner of tv, wears pants. she even swears now and then. ;) it just makes me think of how happy and bright and vibrant ma keller could be.

I get a VERY bad vibe from David, and I worry for poor Priscilla. He is fake. I know people on here chafe at making assumptions about people's sexuality when we don't really know, but I think he's gay, he's repressed, he's frustrated, and he's angry. OK, I'll accept that I don't KNOW whether he's gay, but I do know that he is angry. REALLY angry. I HOPE (best case scenario) that, one day, he is able to accept himself and live a genuine life. That would devastate Priscilla and the kids, but it won't be insurmountable. Worst case scenario is that his frustration grows and he takes it out on Pris, either slowly, daily, in small ways or he just blows his top. I think he's probably doing the slowly, daily thing to her now.

I totally agree!! I worry for Priscilla. She honestly seems sweet and wicked naive. I don't think she'd question anything David says or does and I can see her thinking she needs to do more to be the perfect Fundie wife if things heat up!

I see her being shut down and sort of empty too! I have a lot of speculations as to why she is like that. So many of these women seem so far gone and the men seem so psyched being the headship ! Yuck!!

• 1 month later...

he creeps me out too. the way he looked into the camera at J&A wedding and said that the bible really meant 'fellowship, not dancing and water not wine'. The gal of the man to just change scripture so bizarrely and mean it. nope never liked him.

I got a bad vibe on him early on, at J & A's wedding when he talked about transferring authority of Anna from him to Josh. but this was when I knew nothing about the Duggars and other fundies (at the time I thought the Duggars were way more sophisticated than the Bateseseses, too).

as time went on, I sort of changed opinion about most of them, and I find the Kellers to be less offensive/creepy than the Duggars--bear in mind it's a sliding scale....I think the fact that they've included Susanah in recent family gatherings, and seemed to support J & A moving to DC helped me re-think them.

I got a bad vibe on him early on, at J & A's wedding when he talked about transferring authority of Anna from him to Josh. but this was when I knew nothing about the Duggars and other fundies (at the time I thought the Duggars were way more sophisticated than the Bateseseses, too).

as time went on, I sort of changed opinion about most of them, and I find the Kellers to be less offensive/creepy than the Duggars--bear in mind it's a sliding scale....I think the fact that they've included Susanah in recent family gatherings, and seemed to support J & A moving to DC helped me re-think them.

He does exude a creepy vibe, but agreed, I believe he's harmless. They are probably a decent family, deep down....very, very deep.

I still chuckle when he said that where "wine" was mentioned in the bible, it really meant "grape juice." So, there you have it. In addition to ladies being able to wear pants if the headship approves, you may also read out of the Bible According to Welch's, if you prefer...

He does exude a creepy vibe, but agreed, I believe he's harmless. They are probably a decent family, deep down....very, very deep.

I still chuckle when he said that where "wine" was mentioned in the bible, it really meant "grape juice." So, there you have it. In addition to ladies being able to wear pants if the headship approves, you may also read out of the Bible According to Welch's, if you prefer...

An ex collegue and friend of mine went to church the other day for something and she commended the church on the goon she received when she went to get the blood.

Grape juice my ass Pa Keller.

• 1 month later...

I echo the 'not so bright' vibe but I think he has a genuine love for his family (no matter how terribly msiguided)... however, my gay-dar goes ping ping ping everytime I see him move or hear him talk. He has drank the kool-aid by the gallon for sure.

• 3 months later...
I echo the 'not so bright' vibe but I think he has a genuine love for his family (no matter how terribly msiguided)... however, my gay-dar goes ping ping ping everytime I see him move or hear him talk. He has drank the kool-aid by the gallon for sure.

I get the creep vibe from these men who have drank the Kool-Aid and they way they talk to real life people.

I see Pa Keller as more of a follower- exactly what the Fundie Leaders want. He doesn't come off as above average intelligence and has that plastered on smile when spouting all the ATI nonsense. I think he is just a hamster on the wheel of salvation. He just chugs along and tries to do all he can for "the kingdom".

I can totally see David as being manipulative, angry and self righteous with Pris and others. If you watch enough video you can see David's facade slip away for a few seconds at a time, kind of like with Michelle. They lose their super sweet smilin' along for Jesus demeanor for just a few seconds and then go back into character. Those are the people who scare me because they remind me of my mom.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that he has MS, which may explain some of the mannerisms that make him seem "off".

That said, Jesus didn't make Welch's.

Archived