IGNORED

Duggar Maxwell wedding

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Do you think Steve would allow one of his daughters (say Mary) to marry a Duggar boy?

He would get more publicity for his products but I think he feels the Duggars aren't as religious as he is (is anyone?!)

I think he would allow one of the Duggar daughters to marry into his family as long as he was permitted to keep said Duggar child on his own, shorter leash, and also espouse his more conservative beliefs on the show. I don't think Steve would say no to a Duggar-Maxwell union per say, but it would be a matter of Jim Bob letting him have all the control over the daughter marrying into his family.

No. I think Steve likes any publicity he can get from the Duggars. But the Maxwell men are the only men Steve thinks are holy. I don't think there's any hope for the Maxwell girls while Steve is living.

I think Stevie will have a real problem letting his daughters marry ANYONE. His sons just need to find a "good" woman, since they will be the headship, so there is little worry of her leading them astray. She doesn't need to be perfect before marriage: his sons can help to teach her and mold her into a Steve-fearing, righteous woman.

But his daughters will be under the headship of their husbands. That means that if there is even a CHANCE that the future husband might not 100% agree with Steve on ANYTHING, they are not marriage material, since Steve could never give his daughters over to be lead astray!

And since there is no one ever who will 100% agree with Steve on absolutely everything ever no matter how small, I doubt many could pass approval.

The Duggars are some of the few I could see him sanctioning for the $$ and publicity. Maxwell Industries isn't doing too great these days, and having unmarried, eligible daughters is no longer en vogue now that the Duggars and Bates are marrying theirs off. Something has to give.

I doubt very much Steve will let his daughters marry anyone, much less a Duggar. I don't think Boob will let one of his girls marry Jesse or John.

I bet the Duggar parents find the Maxwells very strange, even within their circle.

Look at the Bates kids, look at the Duggar kids themselves. Sarah, Mary and Anna will never skydive. They will never teach piano. They will never have ridiculously pink bedrooms. No one is as weird and as closeted as the Maxwell "children" and I don't think Jim-Bob and Michelle would like the idea of their daughters going off to live on the Maxwell compound, and good on them for that.

Nope, both Jimbob and Steve are major control freaks and would hate eachother and fight over who owns their child and their partner too.

Also I couldn't imagine how miserable it would be for the poor Duggar. :( There will be no Duggar Time or Steve will get mad, I don't think those feral kids are used to having to be on a schedule down to the last 15 minutes, wont cope with Steve's very early Bible time, the boys aren't used to doing work and the girls have done far too much and it would be so cruel to increase it, and they get such nice things compared to the Maxwells, who make the average fundie life look brilliant.

Jimbob would have to really, really hate a kid to send them to the Maxwells.

I can't fathom a Duggar and Maxwell even being FRIENDS, let alone spouse material... The Duggars are too worldly.

I very much doubt that there would be a pairing but I think that it probably has come up in conversation in one or both families. They obviously know each other because we have seen the Maxwells in photos at the Duggar home in addition to JB's forward for Steve's book. I don't think Steve would find any of the Duggar children worthy of his family and I don't think JB would find any of the Maxwells malleable enough.

Jimbob would have to really, really hate a kid to send them to the Maxwells.

I'd say Josiah should be worried, but then again he's the dude, so he doesn't really have to worry about that.

I'd say Josiah should be worried, but then again he's the dude, so he doesn't really have to worry about that.

Yeah, he should be very glad he is a guy. Cause if they do send him to Maxhell he is the headship and has at least some control in the situation instead of becoming an extension of Steve. And I think he is Jimbob's least favourite son and least favourite single kid (I don't think he likes Jessa that much either, but she is safe now she is married).

I think Jimbob loves all of his single daughters too much to force them to Maxhell. And he enjoys tormenting sons in law too much to give that up-Steve wouldn't let Jimbob make his son live in the shed and work for him.

I could see John-David or Joseph being interested in Anna or Mary Maxwell, but I can't see any of the Duggar girls wanting a life in Maxhell.

Also what's interesting is that so far the trend in Duggarland has been toward people slightly more liberal than they are. I'd say Anna's family was about the same as Josh's, but Derick and Ben both come from more liberal (NOT LIBERAL, just MORE liberal) families.

I think even Anna's family was a tiny bit more liberal than the Duggars. They had a TV, they went to real organized church, they only had eight kids, and they seemed more relaxed and into actually being a family.

There will be no Duggar Time or Steve will get mad, I don't think those feral kids are used to having to be on a schedule down to the last 15 minutes, wont cope with Steve's very early Bible time, the boys aren't used to doing work and the girls have done far too much and it would be so cruel to increase it, and they get such nice things compared to the Maxwells, who make the average fundie life look brilliant.

I've never thought it that way but now that you mentioned all those deep differences between the Ms and the Ds (strict adherence to the schedule, never sleeping in, work ethics, no fun, etc.) it is actually a minor wonder that the Duggars promote MOTH and other Maxhell products because they clearly do not follow those principles themselves. They kind of prove that the Maxhell products don't work. Something to think about, Stevie.

I agree that the Duggars and Maxwells just aren't that compatible. After reading some of Kirk Cameron's comments about taking his daughters to Jessa's wedding, though, I started wondering about a Duggar/Cameron pairing. He has 2 daughters around 15 or 16, so in 2 or 3 years one might be a match for Joseph or Josiah (or even JD).

I am confident that any one approaching Steve MUST have already paid cash for a house. I don't think any of the Duggar boys would be able to do that.

We have Benessa & Dilly, could we have Dugmax, Dugwell, Maxdug, Maxdughell, Maxduggwell, Dugmaxhell?

At least if you're a Duggar you have a chance. After marriage maxwell children still live at home, right next to god Steve. Poor grandkids.

Steve Maxwell seems like a truly awful person. I wonder what happens after he dies? Do all the kids run away?

Steve Maxwell seems like a truly awful person. I wonder what happens after he dies? Do all the kids run away?

I don't think they will cope on their own :(

I can see them stuffing Steve, sitting him on a chair at home, and continuing to go about that boring daily routine forever.

Either that or completely lose it, end up being completely unable to function, almost lose everything and then need a lot of outside help to be able to learn how to be a normal person.

Or the adult married sons will have to take in an unmarried sister each as they cant do things without a man telling them what to do.

I agree that the Duggars and Maxwells just aren't that compatible. After reading some of Kirk Cameron's comments about taking his daughters to Jessa's wedding, though, I started wondering about a Duggar/Cameron pairing. He has 2 daughters around 15 or 16, so in 2 or 3 years one might be a match for Joseph or Josiah (or even JD).

Now that would be a promotional dream for both "patriarchs"! Kirk could shill his shitty movies via TLC.

Can anyone briefly tell me why Steve Maxwell is so terrible? I looked at their blog and he definitely seemed special, but it didn't tell me much. Thanks.

Archived